Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter II | Book II, Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter IV, what is purged on the second night of darkness?
(a) All mortal sins.
(b) Both parts of the soul together.
(c) All unclean thoughts.
(d) Only the sensual part of the soul.
2. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, with what do slothful Christians have trouble aligning themselves?
(a) God's will.
(b) Hard work.
(d) A pure heart.
3. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
4. According to St. John, one going through the dark night does not experience pleasure in what?
(a) Anything spiritual or physical.
(b) Anything physical.
(c) Anything spiritual.
(d) Committing sin.
5. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) Habitual imperfections.
(b) Spiritual imperfections.
(c) Mortal sin.
(d) The seven deadly sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for avarice?
2. The seven deadly sins are recognized by what Christian community?
3. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
4. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
5. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i> during the dark night, the soul learns that by itself it is what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)