Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
(a) The more likely to sin.
(b) The better of a chance to backslide.
(c) The closer to God a being will become.
(d) The better of a chance to enter heaven.
2. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(c) God's love.
(d) Other's love.
3. How does the soul change during the dark night?
(a) It "grows up."
(b) It becomes "soft."
(c) It becomes ready for heaven.
(d) It experiences a holy event.
4. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, what does the soul wait for in the second night of darkness?
(a) God's forgiveness.
(b) Inner peace.
(c) God's instructions.
(d) The emergence of sin.
5. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
(b) God's love.
(c) Real fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VII, what do beginners do when they hear others being praised?
2. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
3. St. John writes that because of the goodness of God's divine wisdom, the soul actually feels as if it is being what?
4. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
5. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)