One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author cite as someone who has seen the spiritual ladder?
2. What is the example the author uses in describing the way the purification process works?
(a) The burning of a log in a fire.
(b) The changing seasons.
(c) The chopping down of a tree.
(d) The burning rays of the sun.
3. In Book II, Chapter I, what does the beginning Christian become after passing through the dark night?
(a) A sinless and perfect soul.
(b) A priest.
(c) A baptized person.
(d) A proficient Christian.
4. How many important points are made in Book II, Chapter X, about the purification process?
5. Who else can descend and ascend upon the spiritual ladder besides men, according to Book II, Chapter XIII?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says the severity of the trials of a person going through the dark night depends on what?
2. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
3. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, the power of hell would have no power over the soul if there were no what in the human soul?
4. What does God want to do with those who go through the most intense darkness of the dark night?
5. The example the author uses about purification illustrates an understanding of what concept?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)