St. John of the Cross was a very important person in the reformation of the Carmelite order of the Church and has been extremely influential in the history of the Christian faith. Please respond to the following with supporting facts:
1) How did St. John's life influence his faith?
2) How did St. John's faith influence his career?
3) What was St. John's purpose in writing Dark Night of the Soul?
The seven deadly sins recognized by the Catholic Church are said to be an evil influence in a beginning Christian's life. St. John wrote how a new believer was strongly influenced by these sins in Dark Night of the Soul. Write an essay answering the following with support:
1) What are the seven deadly sins that plague a beginning Christian's life as described by St. John?
2) How do these sins influence the way a person acts in...
This section contains 1,660 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)