|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta let Lucy borrow while she is staying with her?
2. Whose fingerprint has been found in the dining room of Jennifer Deighton's house?
3. Who is Mark James?
4. Why must Susan lie down during Eddie Health's autopsy?
5. What was Jennifer's relationship like with her ex-husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the prison nearly empty when Marino and Scarpetta go to investigate Waddell's execution?
2. What is Scarpetta's feeling on the death penalty?
3. What happened to Scarpetta's boyfriend Mark?
4. What medical case/situation does a detective ask for Scarpetta's advice on while she is dealing with Waddell's body?
5. What does Marino think of the way Heath was killed?
6. What evidence points to murder instead of suicide at the scene where Jennifer's body is found?
7. Why does Susan get upset while doing Jennifer's autopsy?
8. Describe Scarpetta's personal life.
9. Why does Scarpetta get angry at Lucy within the first few days that she is visiting?
10. What do Lucy and Scarpetta do on Christmas morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some critics have noted that Benton Wesley is a boring character. Write a well-written argument that discusses whether or not this is a fair criticism. Use specific evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Marino and Wesley. How are they similar? How are they different? Make sure to use direct evidence from the text, such as examples and quotations, to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Present a well-reasoned paper arguing whether the reader is supposed to find Lucy a likable (intelligent, funky young adult) character OR an unlikable (spoiled, bratty, obnoxious teenager) character. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)