|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which police officer arrives to watch Waddell's autopsy?
2. What neighborhood do Marino and Scarpetta go and visit after they see where Waddell was visited?
3. Who is Frank Donahue?
4. How is Susan Stone killed?
5. Where is Ronnie Joe Waddell executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suspicious call does Scarpetta get while in the lab after Jennifer's autopsy?
2. What does Marino confess to Scarpetta about his dating life while over at her house on Christmas?
3. Why does Scarpetta get angry at Lucy within the first few days that she is visiting?
4. How are Scarpetta and Jennifer Deighton connected?
5. What medical case/situation does a detective ask for Scarpetta's advice on while she is dealing with Waddell's body?
6. Who was Robyn Naismith?
7. What conclusion do Marino and Scarpetta come to regarding Jennifer's death?
8. What happened to Marino's partner before Waddell was caught?
9. What has happened to Eddie Heath?
10. What is so strange about the prison warden's behavior at the holiday party Scarpetta attends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some critics have noted that Benton Wesley is a boring character. Write a well-written argument that discusses whether or not this is a fair criticism. Use specific evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Present a well-reasoned paper arguing whether the reader is supposed to find Lucy a likable (intelligent, funky young adult) character OR an unlikable (spoiled, bratty, obnoxious teenager) character. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Marino and Wesley. How are they similar? How are they different? Make sure to use direct evidence from the text, such as examples and quotations, to support your thesis.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)