|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which police officer arrives to watch Waddell's autopsy?
2. How old is Eddie Health?
3. Where has Susan Stone been murdered?
4. Who solved the case that sent Waddell to prison?
5. How did Mrs. Clary feel about having Jennifer as a neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy suggest about what has happened to Scarpetta's computer?
2. What happened to Scarpetta's boyfriend Mark?
3. What did Jennifer take an interest in shortly before her death?
4. Why does Scarpetta get angry at Lucy within the first few days that she is visiting?
5. What does Marino confess to Scarpetta about his dating life while over at her house on Christmas?
6. What is Scarpetta's feeling on the death penalty?
7. What has happened to Eddie Heath?
8. What does Jennifer Deighton do for a living?
9. What reasons does Susan give Scarpetta for why she has been acting funny lately?
10. Why does Susan get upset while doing Jennifer's autopsy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the information about Scarpetta's relationship with Mark contribute to her character? Provide at least 3 specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 ways the novel would change if it were written from the perspective of Detective Marino OR Special Agent Wesley. What are 3 literary devices Cornwell could use to write from these 2 different characters' perspectives?
Essay Topic 3
Present an argument that discusses whether or not Lucy's ability to hack into the AFIS system is believable or not. Make sure to list at least 3 reasons, with direct evidence from the text, to support your position.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)