|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benton think of Lucy's idea that someone broke into AFIS and changed the fingerprints?
(a) Benton thinks Lucy might be right.
(b) Benton thinks the idea is impossible.
(c) Benton agrees with the idea just to be nice.
(d) Benton is indifferent.
2. What happens to Scarpetta after she appears in court?
(a) She is found guilty.
(b) She is indicted.
(c) She is found not guilty.
(d) She is not indicted.
3. Who catches Scarpetta in Ben's office?
(c) The mayor.
4. What evidence was found at Robyn Naismith's home that couldn't be verified by anyone else?
(a) Evidence of other illegal activities.
(b) Evidence of drugs.
(c) Evidence of fraud.
(d) Evidence of an affair.
5. Who requests to see Scarpetta's guns?
(a) Officer James Powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job offer does Benton make to Scarpetta by the end of the novel?
2. Why does Scarpetta think Sullivan might have reported the robbery of his apartment?
3. What does Scarpetta arrange for Lucy to do during Lucy's visit with Benton?
4. According to the bird expert, what are the mysterious feathers?
5. What kind of article does Scarpetta request Benton put in the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Benton and Scarpetta to wonder if Eddie Heath's and Robyn's murders are related?
2. Why does Scarpetta find the request to see her guns ridiculous?
3. What act of kindness does Scarpetta do for Charlie Hale?
4. Over dinner at the ski lodge, what do Benton and Scarpetta decide is an unlikely hypothesis of Waddell?
5. Why does Benton not believe that Waddell would be capable of the recent murders?
6. Once Lucy discovers someone has tapped into AFIS, what is Benton's theory about Waddell's fingerprints?
7. Why does Jennifer's ex-husband like Scarpetta so much?
8. What do Benton and Scarpetta find when they darken Robyn's old house?
9. What does Scarpetta learn about the bullets used in both Eddie Heath's and Susan's cases?
10. Why is Scarpetta relieved of her duties?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)