|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, how does Scarpetta respond to the request to look at her records?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She wants to contact a lawyer first.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) She refuses to give them over.
2. In Scarpetta's thinking, what is the only thing of interest on her computer that would give someone a reason to break into it?
(a) The passwords for all of her employers.
(b) Her bank account information.
(c) Medical records of her autopsy patients.
(d) Waddell's autopsy report.
3. What does Scarpetta find in Susan's office after her death?
(a) Nothing that she is looking for.
(c) A lot of money that shouldn't be there.
(d) A secret letter.
4. Police want to look at Scarpetta's ___________.
(a) Musical records.
(b) Email records.
(c) Financial records.
(d) Research records.
5. What was found on the envelope in Susan's home?
(a) Lucy's fingerprints.
(b) A secret message.
(c) Gun powder residue.
(d) Scarpetta's fingerprints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Grueman unable to meet with Jennifer?
2. What warning does Marino give Scarpetta about the evidence against her?
3. Why does the governor request to meet with Scarpetta?
4. What does Marino want Scarpetta to prove to him?
5. What do the newspapers suggest about Scarpetta and Susan in the days after Susan's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the press know about Scarpetta's meeting with the governor?
2. Why does Scarpetta head to Robyn's old house to get fingerprints?
3. Why do Benton and Scarpetta rearrange the furniture in Robyn's old house?
4. What helps Scarpetta recognize Sullivan as the same person she saw in Grimes's house?
5. What does Scarpetta suspect about the briefcase Jennifer's ex-husband gives her?
6. What does Grueman confess about why he was so hard on Scarpetta in law school?
7. What does Scarpetta hypothesize about the killer from the information she learns from the bird expert?
8. What causes the governor to resign?
9. What act of kindness does Charlie Hale do for Scarpetta?
10. How does Scarpetta explain away the incriminating evidence found in Susan's home?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)