|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilton Sullivan call the police?
(a) He wants Scarpetta to finally acknowledge him.
(b) He wants to confess to the murders.
(c) He is looking for Lucy.
(d) His condo has apparently been robbed.
2. Who requests to see Scarpetta's guns?
(d) Officer James Powers.
3. Whose briefcase does Jennifer's ex-husband give Scarpetta?
(a) His own briefcase.
(b) Jennifer's briefcase.
(c) The governor's briefcase.
(d) A briefcase that Jennifer had that belonged to the governor.
4. What triggers Scarpetta into thinking that Sullivan might be lying?
(a) A dream.
(b) New evidence.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A prosecutor's question.
5. Who collects the evidence needed from Robyn's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Marino give Scarpetta about the evidence against her?
2. What does Scarpetta smell in Ben's office?
3. Why does the governor request to meet with Scarpetta?
4. How long does Lucy's search of AFIS take?
5. Why does Benton think Susan did not fingerprint Waddell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susan's husband tell the newspapers about Scarpetta?
2. Why does Scarpetta find the request to see her guns ridiculous?
3. What question does Grueman have about Scarpetta's finances?
4. Why does Benton not believe that Waddell would be capable of the recent murders?
5. Why does Waddell's decision to give up appealing his case surprise Scarpetta?
6. Why does Scarpetta head to Robyn's old house to get fingerprints?
7. Why do Benton and Scarpetta rearrange the furniture in Robyn's old house?
8. What causes Benton and Scarpetta to wonder if Eddie Heath's and Robyn's murders are related?
9. Why is Scarpetta relieved of her duties?
10. How does Scarpetta know that the killer only had access to crime scene pictures, not the crime scene itself, of Robyn's murder?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)