|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Scarpetta called to testify about the murders?
(a) In a special military court.
(b) In front of the Supreme Court.
(c) Before a grand jury.
(d) Before the new media.
2. How does Scarpetta answer the questions posed to her in court?
(b) Honestly and openly.
(d) Politely and quickly.
3. Whose briefcase does Jennifer's ex-husband give Scarpetta?
(a) A briefcase that Jennifer had that belonged to the governor.
(b) Jennifer's briefcase.
(c) His own briefcase.
(d) The governor's briefcase.
4. Where did Grueman keep his belongings?
(a) In a safety deposit box at the bank.
(b) At his parents' farm.
(c) In a safe in his house.
(d) In a secret compartment in his prison cell.
5. Initially, who requests to look at Scarpetta's records?
(c) Office James Powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the bird expert, what are the mysterious feathers?
2. Where is Scarpetta headed when she learns about he death of Frank Donahue?
3. Who goes with Scarpetta to visit Sullivan's apartment?
4. Why is Scarpetta not looking forward to her meeting with Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
5. With whom is Benton vacationing over the holidays?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bird expert say about the feathers found at every crime scene?
2. Over dinner at the ski lodge, what do Benton and Scarpetta decide is an unlikely hypothesis of Waddell?
3. How does Scarpetta know that the killer only had access to crime scene pictures, not the crime scene itself, of Robyn's murder?
4. How does Scarpetta explain away the incriminating evidence found in Susan's home?
5. How does the press know about Scarpetta's meeting with the governor?
6. Why does Scarpetta request that Benton put an article in the paper about the theft of jackets?
7. What does Scarpetta suspect about the briefcase Jennifer's ex-husband gives her?
8. Why is Benton concerned for Scarpetta's safety?
9. Why isn't anyone able to get fingerprints from Waddell?
10. What does Scarpetta hypothesize about the killer from the information she learns from the bird expert?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)