|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarpetta smell in Ben's office?
(a) The smell of something rotting, like a dead animal.
(b) The smell of alcohol.
(c) The smell of marijuana.
(d) A familiar cologne.
2. Where is Scarpetta headed when she learns about he death of Frank Donahue?
(a) Florida, to visit Lucy.
(c) The Bahamas.
(d) New York City.
3. Who requests to see Scarpetta's guns?
(b) Officer James Powers.
4. Scarpetta consults a bird expert who works for ______________.
(a) A local university.
(b) The museum of natural history.
(c) The library in town.
(d) The FBI.
5. What kind of article does Scarpetta request Benton put in the newspaper?
(a) An article about the theft of yellow jackets.
(b) An article about the theft of medical jackets.
(c) An article about the theft of leather jackets.
(d) An article about the theft of eider down jackets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Scarpetta called to testify about the murders?
2. Initially, how does Scarpetta respond to the request to look at her records?
3. What is Jennifer's ex-husband's name?
4. Who technically owns Robyn Naismith's house?
5. What has happened to most of Robyn Naismith's furniture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarpetta learn about the bullets used in both Eddie Heath's and Susan's cases?
2. What does Grueman confess about why he was so hard on Scarpetta in law school?
3. Why is Scarpetta relieved of her duties?
4. Why does Scarpetta head to Robyn's old house to get fingerprints?
5. What does Scarpetta hypothesize about the killer from the information she learns from the bird expert?
6. Why does Scarpetta find the request to see her guns ridiculous?
7. What act of kindness does Charlie Hale do for Scarpetta?
8. How does Scarpetta know that the killer only had access to crime scene pictures, not the crime scene itself, of Robyn's murder?
9. What does Susan's husband tell the newspapers about Scarpetta?
10. Why does Jennifer's ex-husband like Scarpetta so much?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)