|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Scarpetta headed when she learns about he death of Frank Donahue?
(a) Florida, to visit Lucy.
(b) New York City.
(c) The Bahamas.
2. Why does no one know for sure what was stolen from Robyn Naismith's home?
(a) Robyn lived alone.
(b) Robyn had a habit of storing things for other people.
(c) Robyn was very, very busy.
(d) The murderer burned Robyn's house down before he left.
3. How does Sullivan respond to seeing Scarpetta at his apartment?
(a) He gets furious.
(b) He seems uninterested.
(c) He runs.
(d) He is grateful the police are finally involved.
4. Who catches Scarpetta in Ben's office?
(a) The mayor.
5. While talking to Grimes in the doorway, Scarpetta thinks that she sees ____________________.
(a) A very large man.
(b) A cat.
(c) A woman.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Grimes by the end of the novel?
2. Where is Scarpetta called to testify about the murders?
3. What did Susan come into right before she died?
4. Who does Scarpetta actually hire as a lawyer?
5. Who collects the evidence needed from Robyn's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarpetta suspect about the briefcase Jennifer's ex-husband gives her?
2. What helps Scarpetta recognize Sullivan as the same person she saw in Grimes's house?
3. What act of kindness does Scarpetta do for Charlie Hale?
4. Over dinner at the ski lodge, what do Benton and Scarpetta decide is an unlikely hypothesis of Waddell?
5. What does the bird expert say about the feathers found at every crime scene?
6. Why does Waddell's decision to give up appealing his case surprise Scarpetta?
7. What does Scarpetta learn about the bullets used in both Eddie Heath's and Susan's cases?
8. How does Scarpetta know that the killer only had access to crime scene pictures, not the crime scene itself, of Robyn's murder?
9. What does Grueman confess about why he was so hard on Scarpetta in law school?
10. Why does Jennifer's ex-husband like Scarpetta so much?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)