|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Susan in such need of money before her death?
(a) Her husband had no money, and they had a baby on the way.
(b) She owed a gambling debt.
(c) Her husband gambled everything away.
(d) She had too much credit card debt.
2. What do the newspapers suggest about Scarpetta and Susan in the days after Susan's death?
(a) Scarpetta was paying Susan off for something.
(b) They were lovers.
(c) They hated each other.
(d) They were very competitive with each other.
3. What kind of character is Benton Wesley?
(a) Wild and crazy.
(b) Calm and reasonable.
(c) Old and wise.
(d) A genius, but also a little batty.
4. What is Jennifer's ex-husband's name?
(a) Mr. Powers.
(b) Mr. Travers.
(c) Mr. Barton.
(d) Mr. Bannister.
5. What does Scarpetta search Susan's office for after Susan's death?
(a) Memos commending her good work.
(b) Secret passwords.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Benton recommend for Scarpetta to hire as a lawyer?
2. On what condition will Jennifer's husband speak to Scarpetta?
3. Where did Grueman keep his belongings?
4. What is Sullivan's real name?
5. Why is Scarpetta not looking forward to her meeting with Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta request that Benton put an article in the paper about the theft of jackets?
2. Why is Benton concerned for Scarpetta's safety?
3. Why does Scarpetta find the request to see her guns ridiculous?
4. What do Benton and Scarpetta find when they darken Robyn's old house?
5. What act of kindness does Scarpetta do for Charlie Hale?
6. How does Scarpetta know that the killer only had access to crime scene pictures, not the crime scene itself, of Robyn's murder?
7. What causes Benton and Scarpetta to wonder if Eddie Heath's and Robyn's murders are related?
8. What does Susan's husband tell the newspapers about Scarpetta?
9. Why does Scarpetta head to Robyn's old house to get fingerprints?
10. Why does Jennifer's ex-husband like Scarpetta so much?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)