|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ronnie Joe Waddell executed?
(a) Accidentally in the morgue.
(b) In a bar.
(c) In someone's backyard.
(d) At a prison.
2. What has Scarpetta bought Susan as a Christmas gift?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A sweater from Belize.
(c) A leather jacket.
(d) A new car.
3. Why does Scarpetta decide to stop at Susan's house on her way to a party?
(a) Scarpetta wants to tell her Susan is fired.
(b) Scarpetta to drop off Susan's belongings from the lab.
(c) Scarpetta is taking homemade chicken soup to Susan.
(d) Scarpetta wants to give Susan a gift.
4. After seeing Eddie Health, what kind of research on the computer does Scarpetta order?
(a) Cases that include bite marks.
(b) Cases of excised skin and cases that include bite marks.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Cases of excised skin.
5. Who wrote "Cruel and Unusual"?
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(c) Patricia Higginson.
(d) Patricia Cornwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jennifer Deighton?
2. Who does Scarpetta meet at the hospital to examine Eddie Heath?
3. Why are most employees unable to come to the morgue the day after Jennifer's body was found?
4. Who is Lucy?
5. What is the name of the guard who searches Scarpetta when she goes to see where Waddell was executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarpetta learn from the prison guard about Waddell's final hours?
2. What medical case/situation does a detective ask for Scarpetta's advice on while she is dealing with Waddell's body?
3. What does Lucy think is going on with Waddell's fingerprints supposedly being found at Jennifer's death scene?
4. What evidence points to murder instead of suicide at the scene where Jennifer's body is found?
5. What is Scarpetta looking for on people's computers while she is trying to figure out who hacked into her own machine?
6. What does Jennifer Deighton do for a living?
7. What does Trace find out about the residue on Heath's wrists?
8. What is so strange about the prison warden's behavior at the holiday party Scarpetta attends?
9. What is Scarpetta's feeling on the death penalty?
10. What does Marino think of the way Heath was killed?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)