|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lucy?
(a) Scarpetta's niece.
(b) Scarpetta's sister.
(c) Scarpetta's best friend.
(d) Scarpetta's daughter.
2. What does Lucy need to get into Scarpetta's database?
(a) An actual key.
(b) Her name and password.
(c) A special microchip.
(d) A fingerprint sample.
3. What does Grueman question about Scarpetta's autopsy of Waddell?
(a) If she stole the letter he wanted buried with him.
(b) What caused the abrasions on Waddell's arms.
(c) If she really did all the tests she claims she did.
(d) Whether or not she used clean gloves.
4. What has happened to the fingerprints taken from Waddell during his autopsy?
(a) No one knows; they are missing.
(b) They got ruined in a flood.
(c) They have been switched with Scarpetta's.
(d) They got burned in a fire.
5. When the novel first opens, who is Scarpetta waiting for in the morgue?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Ronnie Joe Waddell.
(c) Television reporters.
(d) Her assistant, Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jennifer Deighton?
2. Who does Scarpetta realize has been the only person, other than herself, alone in her office?
3. Whose fingerprint has been found in the dining room of Jennifer Deighton's house?
4. Who does Scarpetta instruct to take Waddell's fingerprints?
5. Who initially helps Scarpetta with Jennifer's autopsy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Susan give Scarpetta for why she has been acting funny lately?
2. What happened to Scarpetta's boyfriend Mark?
3. Why does Susan get upset while doing Jennifer's autopsy?
4. What makes Marino and Scarpetta think Jennifer was not killed as part of a robbery.
5. What is Scarpetta's feeling on the death penalty?
6. What do Lucy and Scarpetta do on Christmas morning?
7. What suspicious call does Scarpetta get while in the lab after Jennifer's autopsy?
8. What conclusion do Marino and Scarpetta come to regarding Jennifer's death?
9. Describe Scarpetta's personal life.
10. What does Scarpetta think of Heath's wounds?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)