|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Waddell murder?
(a) Dr. Scarpetta.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Robyn Naismith.
(d) A young unknown girl.
2. What reason is Scarpetta given for the unusual appearance of Waddell's body?
(a) He had a nose bleed.
(b) He tripped and fell.
(c) He wouldn't let anyone shave him.
(d) He was dead a few minutes ago.
3. Who is Lucy?
(a) Scarpetta's sister.
(b) Scarpetta's daughter.
(c) Scarpetta's niece.
(d) Scarpetta's best friend.
4. For whom was the suspicious message on Scarpetta's computer written?
5. Who is Mark James?
(a) Scarpetta's dead father.
(b) Scarpetta's dead brother.
(c) Scarpetta's dead boyfriend.
(d) Scarpetta's dead ex-husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the holiday party being held that Scarpetta attends?
2. When was Jennifer married?
3. What does Lucy question Scarpetta about on the phone that makes her uncomfortable?
4. What does Scarpetta let Lucy borrow while she is staying with her?
5. What does Lucy think someone was trying to do on Scarpetta's computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marino think of the way Heath was killed?
2. What is so strange about the prison warden's behavior at the holiday party Scarpetta attends?
3. What conclusion do Marino and Scarpetta come to regarding Jennifer's death?
4. Why does Susan get upset while doing Jennifer's autopsy?
5. What does Jennifer Deighton do for a living?
6. What makes Marino and Scarpetta think Jennifer was not killed as part of a robbery.
7. What happened to Marino's partner before Waddell was caught?
8. What has happened to Eddie Heath?
9. What evidence points to murder instead of suicide at the scene where Jennifer's body is found?
10. What did Jennifer take an interest in shortly before her death?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)