|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found on the envelope in Susan's home?
(a) Lucy's fingerprints.
(b) A secret message.
(c) Gun powder residue.
(d) Scarpetta's fingerprints.
2. Why do Scarpetta's guns need to be examined?
(a) To see if one is the murder weapon.
(b) To see if they have been fired lately.
(c) To see if they have been stolen.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
3. How does Sullivan treat the police when he calls them?
(b) With humor and grace.
(d) Like his best friends.
4. Who does Hilton Sullivan first present himself to be?
(a) The suspected murderer.
(b) A condo owner.
(c) Lucy's cousin.
(d) Scarpetta's son.
5. Why does Scarpetta search Ben Stevens's office?
(a) To find the missing memos.
(b) To see if he is the person stealing things.
(c) To get the key to the office safe.
(d) To find a safe place so store her wallet and passport.
6. What evidence was found at Robyn Naismith's home that couldn't be verified by anyone else?
(a) Evidence of drugs.
(b) Evidence of fraud.
(c) Evidence of other illegal activities.
(d) Evidence of an affair.
7. Over what do Benton and Scarpetta discuss their cases during the holidays?
(a) Over hot chocolate.
(b) Over dinner.
(c) Over drinks.
(d) Over the radio.
8. Where did Grueman keep his belongings?
(a) In a safe in his house.
(b) In a safety deposit box at the bank.
(c) At his parents' farm.
(d) In a secret compartment in his prison cell.
9. What was Robyn Naismith's body propped up against at her crime scene?
(a) Her bed.
(b) A dumpster.
(c) Her refrigerator.
(d) A TV.
10. With whom is Benton vacationing over the holidays?
(a) His wife.
(b) His colleagues.
(c) His dog.
(d) No one.
11. What is Scarpetta looking for in Robyn Naismith's house?
(a) Robyn's fingerprints.
(b) Eddie Heath's fingerprints.
(c) Lucy's fingerprints.
(d) Waddell's fingerprints.
12. What does Scarpetta search Susan's office for after Susan's death?
(a) Memos commending her good work.
(b) Secret passwords.
13. What do the newspapers suggest about Scarpetta and Susan in the days after Susan's death?
(a) Scarpetta was paying Susan off for something.
(b) They hated each other.
(c) They were lovers.
(d) They were very competitive with each other.
14. Who is Benton Wesley?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) Lucy's father.
(c) Scarpetta's ex-husband.
(d) A good friend of Officer James Powers.
15. Why is Scarpetta not looking forward to her meeting with Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
(a) Grueman is always horribly boring.
(b) Scarpetta will have to confess that the state executed the wrong man.
(c) Scarpetta is intimidated by Grueman.
(d) Scarpetta knows Grueman will not listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marino want Scarpetta to prove to him?
2. Who requests to see Scarpetta's guns?
3. Who does Benton recommend for Scarpetta to hire as a lawyer?
4. Whose briefcase does Jennifer's ex-husband give Scarpetta?
5. Who does Scarpetta actually hire as a lawyer?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)