|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sullivan's real name?
(a) Temple Gault.
(b) James Powers.
(c) Brock Bannister.
(d) David Barton.
2. In Scarpetta's thinking, what is the only thing of interest on her computer that would give someone a reason to break into it?
(a) Her bank account information.
(b) Waddell's autopsy report.
(c) The passwords for all of her employers.
(d) Medical records of her autopsy patients.
3. What happens to Scarpetta after she appears in court?
(a) She is found guilty.
(b) She is found not guilty.
(c) She is indicted.
(d) She is not indicted.
4. How does Sullivan treat the police when he calls them?
(a) With humor and grace.
(c) Like his best friends.
5. What kind of article does Scarpetta request Benton put in the newspaper?
(a) An article about the theft of eider down jackets.
(b) An article about the theft of leather jackets.
(c) An article about the theft of yellow jackets.
(d) An article about the theft of medical jackets.
6. Who does Scarpetta recognize Sullivan to be?
(a) The person she saw at Grimes's house.
(b) Lucy in disguise.
(c) The prison warden.
(d) Lucy's friend.
7. What does Scarpetta arrange for Lucy to do during Lucy's visit with Benton?
(a) Shooting lessons.
(b) Arts and crafts classes.
(c) Ski lessons.
(d) A babysitter.
8. Why was Susan in such need of money before her death?
(a) Her husband had no money, and they had a baby on the way.
(b) She had too much credit card debt.
(c) She owed a gambling debt.
(d) Her husband gambled everything away.
9. Jennifer wanted to help Waddell with his ________________.
(a) His novel.
(b) His escape.
(c) His music.
(d) His appeals.
10. What job offer does Benton make to Scarpetta by the end of the novel?
(a) To become the new director of the National Health Administration.
(b) To become his assistant.
(c) To become a professor at Georgetown University.
(d) To join his Behavioral Science Unit team.
11. Why does Scarpetta visit Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
(a) To discuss Grueman's findings.
(b) To ask for a letter of recommendation.
(c) To put him in his place.
(d) To get evidence that the man executed was really Waddell.
12. How does Sullivan respond to seeing Scarpetta at his apartment?
(a) He gets furious.
(b) He seems uninterested.
(c) He is grateful the police are finally involved.
(d) He runs.
13. Who did Waddell want to attend his execution?
(a) The president.
(d) Governor Norring.
14. With whom is Benton vacationing over the holidays?
(a) His colleagues.
(b) His dog.
(c) No one.
(d) His wife.
15. What does Scarpetta realize about Eddie Heath's killer?
(a) The killer was probably a woman.
(b) There were actually 2 or more killers.
(c) The killer is the same person who killed Robyn.
(d) The killer is a copycat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence was found at Robyn Naismith's home that couldn't be verified by anyone else?
2. Why do Scarpetta's guns need to be examined?
3. Who relieves Scarpetta of her job?
4. What triggers Scarpetta into thinking that Sullivan might be lying?
5. What chemical does Scarpetta use to look for evidence in the dark?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)