|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarpetta consults a bird expert who works for ______________.
(a) The library in town.
(b) The museum of natural history.
(c) A local university.
(d) The FBI.
2. What is Jennifer's ex-husband's name?
(a) Mr. Powers.
(b) Mr. Bannister.
(c) Mr. Travers.
(d) Mr. Barton.
3. What is Scarpetta looking for in Robyn Naismith's house?
(a) Eddie Heath's fingerprints.
(b) Robyn's fingerprints.
(c) Lucy's fingerprints.
(d) Waddell's fingerprints.
4. What did Susan come into right before she died?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new job far away.
(c) A great deal of money.
(d) A new house.
5. Why does Scarpetta think Sullivan might have reported the robbery of his apartment?
(a) To get the reward money when the killer is later caught.
(b) To keep police from connecting the gun to him.
(c) To confuse Scarpetta.
(d) To get his picture in the paper.
6. Who does Hilton Sullivan first present himself to be?
(a) A condo owner.
(b) The suspected murderer.
(c) Lucy's cousin.
(d) Scarpetta's son.
7. What does Scarpetta smell in Ben's office?
(a) A familiar cologne.
(b) The smell of marijuana.
(c) The smell of alcohol.
(d) The smell of something rotting, like a dead animal.
8. Why does Scarpetta block the light from coming into Robyn's house?
(a) To keep from getting sunburned.
(b) To keep reporters from taking pictures.
(c) To perform an experiment.
(d) To keep others from knowing she is there.
9. What happens to Scarpetta after she appears in court?
(a) She is found not guilty.
(b) She is indicted.
(c) She is not indicted.
(d) She is found guilty.
10. What does Scarpetta find in Susan's office after her death?
(a) A secret letter.
(b) A lot of money that shouldn't be there.
(c) Nothing that she is looking for.
11. What kind of character is Benton Wesley?
(a) Wild and crazy.
(b) A genius, but also a little batty.
(c) Calm and reasonable.
(d) Old and wise.
12. Whose briefcase does Jennifer's ex-husband give Scarpetta?
(a) The governor's briefcase.
(b) His own briefcase.
(c) A briefcase that Jennifer had that belonged to the governor.
(d) Jennifer's briefcase.
13. What does Scarpetta use to block the light from coming into Robyn's house?
(a) Paper over the windows.
(b) Paint on the windows.
(c) Black sheets.
(d) A gigantic tent over the entire house.
14. Why is Scarpetta not looking forward to her meeting with Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
(a) Grueman is always horribly boring.
(b) Scarpetta will have to confess that the state executed the wrong man.
(c) Scarpetta is intimidated by Grueman.
(d) Scarpetta knows Grueman will not listen.
15. What happens to Grimes by the end of the novel?
(a) She loses all of her money.
(b) She dies.
(c) She is murdered.
(d) She gets her job back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found on the envelope in Susan's home?
2. What does Scarpetta arrange for Lucy to do during Lucy's visit with Benton?
3. Why was Jennifer Deighton writing to Waddell?
4. Where does Scarpetta meet Jennifer's ex-husband?
5. What does Scarpetta realize about Eddie Heath's killer?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)