|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Scarpetta called to testify about the murders?
(a) Before the new media.
(b) In front of the Supreme Court.
(c) In a special military court.
(d) Before a grand jury.
2. Why is Scarpetta not looking forward to her meeting with Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
(a) Grueman is always horribly boring.
(b) Scarpetta will have to confess that the state executed the wrong man.
(c) Scarpetta knows Grueman will not listen.
(d) Scarpetta is intimidated by Grueman.
3. What was found in the envelope in Susan's home?
(a) Scarpetta's wallet and keys.
(b) A key to a safe.
(c) Incriminating photos.
(d) Several hundred dollars of cash.
4. Who now lives in Robyn Naismith's house?
(a) No one.
(b) A very old lady who is a bit deaf.
(c) Officer James Powers.
(d) A professor.
5. How long does Lucy's search of AFIS take?
(a) Almost six months.
(b) About thirty minutes.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Only a few days.
6. What chemical does Scarpetta use to look for evidence in the dark?
7. What evidence was found at Robyn Naismith's home that couldn't be verified by anyone else?
(a) Evidence of fraud.
(b) Evidence of other illegal activities.
(c) Evidence of an affair.
(d) Evidence of drugs.
8. Who technically owns Robyn Naismith's house?
(a) The police department.
(b) A university.
(c) The same old lady who lives there.
(d) The city.
9. What does Marino want Scarpetta to prove to him?
(a) That Lucy is not his daughter.
(b) That she truly loves him and not Benton.
(c) That she hasn't cheated on him.
(d) That she bought the scarf for Susan.
10. What does Scarpetta realize about Eddie Heath's killer?
(a) The killer is the same person who killed Robyn.
(b) There were actually 2 or more killers.
(c) The killer was probably a woman.
(d) The killer is a copycat.
11. What happens to Waddell's body after the autopsy is performed?
(a) It somehow gets lost.
(b) It is donated to science.
(c) It is shipped back to his home in Croatia.
(d) It is cremated.
12. What does Scarpetta smell in Ben's office?
(a) The smell of alcohol.
(b) A familiar cologne.
(c) The smell of marijuana.
(d) The smell of something rotting, like a dead animal.
13. Why does Scarpetta think Sullivan might have reported the robbery of his apartment?
(a) To get his picture in the paper.
(b) To keep police from connecting the gun to him.
(c) To confuse Scarpetta.
(d) To get the reward money when the killer is later caught.
14. How does Sullivan respond to seeing Scarpetta at his apartment?
(a) He seems uninterested.
(b) He is grateful the police are finally involved.
(c) He gets furious.
(d) He runs.
15. What was Robyn Naismith's body propped up against at her crime scene?
(a) Her refrigerator.
(b) Her bed.
(c) A TV.
(d) A dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who collects the evidence needed from Robyn's house?
2. Who requests to see Scarpetta's guns?
3. Why does Robyn's ex-husband keep calling Scarpetta?
4. Who relieves Scarpetta of her job?
5. Jennifer wanted to help Waddell with his ________________.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)