|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scarpetta's thinking, what is the only thing of interest on her computer that would give someone a reason to break into it?
(a) Her bank account information.
(b) Medical records of her autopsy patients.
(c) The passwords for all of her employers.
(d) Waddell's autopsy report.
2. On what condition will Jennifer's husband speak to Scarpetta?
(a) He doesn't ask for any conditions.
(b) They meet in person.
(c) They meet in a very public place.
(d) He is able to record the meeting.
3. Why does no one know for sure what was stolen from Robyn Naismith's home?
(a) The murderer burned Robyn's house down before he left.
(b) Robyn had a habit of storing things for other people.
(c) Robyn lived alone.
(d) Robyn was very, very busy.
4. What has happened to most of Robyn Naismith's furniture?
(a) The furniture was moved to a storage building.
(b) The furniture is still there.
(c) The furniture was given to charity.
(d) The furniture burned in a fire.
5. What does Scarpetta realize about the way Eddie Heath's body is positioned?
(a) The body's position is a mirror image of how Robyn's body was positioned.
(b) The body's position shows signs of a struggle.
(c) The body is positioned in the shape of a letter.
(d) The body has been moved.
6. Why does Scarpetta block the light from coming into Robyn's house?
(a) To keep others from knowing she is there.
(b) To keep reporters from taking pictures.
(c) To keep from getting sunburned.
(d) To perform an experiment.
7. Police want to look at Scarpetta's ___________.
(a) Financial records.
(b) Research records.
(c) Musical records.
(d) Email records.
8. What evidence was found at Robyn Naismith's home that couldn't be verified by anyone else?
(a) Evidence of fraud.
(b) Evidence of other illegal activities.
(c) Evidence of an affair.
(d) Evidence of drugs.
9. What does Scarpetta find in Susan's office after her death?
(a) A secret letter.
(b) A lot of money that shouldn't be there.
(d) Nothing that she is looking for.
10. What was Robyn Naismith's body propped up against at her crime scene?
(a) Her refrigerator.
(b) A TV.
(c) A dumpster.
(d) Her bed.
11. Who is Charlie Hale?
(a) Scarpetta's secret son.
(b) Scarpetta's sworn enemy.
(c) Scarpetta's best friend.
(d) Grueman's surprise witness.
12. How does Sullivan respond to seeing Scarpetta at his apartment?
(a) He is grateful the police are finally involved.
(b) He seems uninterested.
(c) He gets furious.
(d) He runs.
13. Who requests to see Scarpetta's guns?
(d) Officer James Powers.
14. What is Sullivan's real name?
(a) James Powers.
(b) Brock Bannister.
(c) Temple Gault.
(d) David Barton.
15. What triggers Scarpetta into thinking that Sullivan might be lying?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A dream.
(c) A prosecutor's question.
(d) New evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found in the envelope in Susan's home?
2. Why was Waddell's file not deleted as it should have been after his execution?
3. Why does Scarpetta visit Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
4. Initially, how does Scarpetta respond to the request to look at her records?
5. How does Scarpetta first respond to the prosecutor's request to come to his office for questioning?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)