|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta visit Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
(a) To get evidence that the man executed was really Waddell.
(b) To ask for a letter of recommendation.
(c) To discuss Grueman's findings.
(d) To put him in his place.
2. What is Sullivan's real name?
(a) David Barton.
(b) Temple Gault.
(c) Brock Bannister.
(d) James Powers.
3. What happens to Waddell's body after the autopsy is performed?
(a) It somehow gets lost.
(b) It is donated to science.
(c) It is shipped back to his home in Croatia.
(d) It is cremated.
4. According to the bird expert, what are the mysterious feathers?
(a) Peacock feathers.
(b) Flamingo feathers.
(c) Elder down.
(d) Penguin feathers.
5. Why was Susan in such need of money before her death?
(a) Her husband had no money, and they had a baby on the way.
(b) Her husband gambled everything away.
(c) She owed a gambling debt.
(d) She had too much credit card debt.
6. What does Scarpetta search Susan's office for after Susan's death?
(c) Secret passwords.
(d) Memos commending her good work.
7. What does Scarpetta find in Susan's office after her death?
(a) Nothing that she is looking for.
(c) A lot of money that shouldn't be there.
(d) A secret letter.
8. What kind of article does Scarpetta request Benton put in the newspaper?
(a) An article about the theft of eider down jackets.
(b) An article about the theft of yellow jackets.
(c) An article about the theft of medical jackets.
(d) An article about the theft of leather jackets.
9. How does Sullivan treat the police when he calls them?
(a) Like his best friends.
(d) With humor and grace.
10. Who now lives in Robyn Naismith's house?
(a) A very old lady who is a bit deaf.
(b) Officer James Powers.
(c) No one.
(d) A professor.
11. Why was Waddell's file not deleted as it should have been after his execution?
(a) Scarpetta would not give permission.
(b) A power outage occurred.
(c) No one knows.
(d) The governor intervened.
12. Where did Grueman keep his belongings?
(a) In a safe in his house.
(b) In a secret compartment in his prison cell.
(c) In a safety deposit box at the bank.
(d) At his parents' farm.
13. Who does Benton recommend for Scarpetta to hire as a lawyer?
(a) The attorney general.
(c) His brother.
14. Who technically owns Robyn Naismith's house?
(a) The same old lady who lives there.
(b) The city.
(c) The police department.
(d) A university.
15. What job offer does Benton make to Scarpetta by the end of the novel?
(a) To become his assistant.
(b) To become a professor at Georgetown University.
(c) To become the new director of the National Health Administration.
(d) To join his Behavioral Science Unit team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta realize about Eddie Heath's killer?
2. What does Scarpetta arrange for Lucy to do during Lucy's visit with Benton?
3. What does Scarpetta use to block the light from coming into Robyn's house?
4. Why is Scarpetta not looking forward to her meeting with Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
5. What warning does Marino give Scarpetta about the evidence against her?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)