|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the stunt drivers at the stock-car races in the stadium at Northolt work?
(a) At Shepperton Studios.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At Road Research Laboratory.
(d) At the airport.
2. According to Ballard, his "_________obsessions soon made themselves evident to ______ _________."
(a) Tyrannical; Robert Vaughan.
(b) Tyrannical; Paul Waring.
(c) Messianic; Robert Vaughan.
(d) Messianic; Paul Waring.
3. When Ballard first sees Helen at the hospital, what is the scarred man wearing under his lab coat?
(a) A silver tag.
(b) A brass medallion.
(c) A gold cross.
(d) A copper emblem.
4. Where does the fatal car crash that nearly misses Elizabeth Taylor occur?
(a) By a park.
(b) Near a film studio.
(c) At an airport.
(d) Next to a school.
5. What happens to Ballard three days after his surgery in the hospital?
(a) He meets his wife's lover.
(b) He has a spiritual conversion.
(c) He has an allergic reaction.
(d) He gets a minor infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ballard, "For Vaughan, the car-crash and his own ______ had made their final marriage."
2. What is the name of Ballard's wife?
3. What does Ballard do for the week after being released from the hospital?
4. Why did Ballard have his safety belt on when leaving his secretary, Renata, before the crash?
5. What does Helen tell Ballard about why she's at Northolt?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)