|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ballard do for the week after being released from the hospital?
(a) Sits on the veranda.
(b) Sleeps on the couch.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Walks around the neighborhood.
2. What verdict is given at the coroner's inquest of Ballard's crash with Helen and her husband?
(a) Negligent driving.
(b) Accidental death.
3. In the parking lot outside the hospital, Ballard says that his hostility towards Vaughan gave way to what?
(a) Passion, even love.
(b) Deference, even subservience.
(c) Admiration, even envy.
(d) Fear, even panic.
4. How many weeks does Ballard stay in the hospital after the crash in Chapter 2?
5. What does Helen do when Ballard first addresses her in the hospital?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She screams at him.
(d) She hits him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ballard visit the Northolt police pound?
2. The walls of Vaughan's apartment are covered with close-ups of whose body?
3. What did Vaughan rehearse for in the days before his death?
4. What is Helen wearing when Ballard sees her in the yard at Northolt station?
5. Who is injured at the stock-car races at the stadium in Northolt and taken to the hospital?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)