|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, with whom did Vaughan want to die in a collision?
(a) Dr. Helen Remington.
(b) Catherine Ballard.
(c) James Ballard.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
2. What is the name of the place where Vaughan and Ballard watch vehicles crash into concrete blocks?
(a) Road Research Laboratory.
(b) Vehicular Safety Compound.
(c) Crash Test Site.
(d) Auto Mechanic School.
3. Where does the fatal car crash that nearly misses Elizabeth Taylor occur?
(a) Near a film studio.
(b) By a park.
(c) Next to a school.
(d) At an airport.
4. Who witnessed Ballard inappropriately touch a flight attendant on an escalator and were on his flight to Orly?
(a) A Dutch businessman and his wife.
(b) A British businessman and his wife.
(c) A French businessman and his wife.
(d) An American businessman and his wife.
5. What is Ballard's "ironic gesture" to provoke Catherine and Renate, who don't want him to drive?
(a) Stealing cars.
(b) Borrowing cars.
(c) Renting cars.
(d) Buying cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ballard, Vaughan's relations with women were all governed by what?
2. Who dies as the novel opens?
3. Who is the driver parked behind Ballard at the scene of the accident that killed Helen's husband?
4. Where is the film studio Ballard works for located?
5. What does Ballard do for the week after being released from the hospital?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)