|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ballard waits for someone to reassure him after the crash, what does he imagine firemen doing with carbon dioxide sprays?
(a) Coiling dead bodies on the ground.
(b) Spraying the spectators to punish them.
(c) Enacting a grotesque simulation of violence.
(d) Tracing obscene or humorous slogans.
2. What is the person parked behind Ballard at the scene of the accident that killed Helen's husband doing?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Writing on a pad.
(c) Flashing his headlights.
(d) Taking pictures of him.
3. Who dies as the novel opens?
(a) Dr. Helen Remington.
(b) Dr. Robert Vaughan.
(c) Catherine Ballard.
(d) James Ballard.
4. The firemen who cut Ballard's door from its hinges looked like what according to Ballard?
(a) Accomplices in a jewelry heist.
(b) Athletes in a football game.
(c) Actors in a one-act play.
(d) Assistants of a gored bullfighter.
5. How many cars did Ballard miss before hitting the one that kills a man?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ballard, his "_________obsessions soon made themselves evident to ______ _________."
2. Who does Ballard take to the stock-car races in the stadium at Northolt?
3. Who is Francis Waring, according to Ballard?
4. According to Ballard, as he recuperates in the hospital, what does he state as the "only real experience" he had been through in years?
5. Where does the fatal car crash that nearly misses Elizabeth Taylor occur?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)