|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ballard, "Above all, the apartment was dominated by Vaughan's evident _____."
2. What fantasies does Vaughan teach Ballard to visualize?
(a) Death and injuries Ballard always pitied.
(b) Death and injuries Ballard always despised.
(c) Death and injuries Ballard always desired.
(d) Death and injuries Ballard always feared.
3. What premonitions does Ballard begin to have after being released from the hospital?
(a) The second coming of Jesus.
(b) The return to a pre-industrial age.
(c) The salvation of sinners everywhere.
(d) The end of the world by automobile.
4. Ballard notes that most of the celebrities listed for imaginary crashes in Vaughan's questionnaire are what?
5. What is the name of Ballard's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the studio, who does Ballard see dressed up to resemble a famous screen actress, wearing a fawn suede coat, brassiere, and makeup?
2. Who are the five film actresses Seagrave devised an "abattoir of sexual mutiliation" for Vaughan's questionnaire?
3. What kind of films did Ballard and Catherine see at the small art-cinema near their home?
4. According to Ballard, Vaughan's fixation on the sex-death fantasy he created became more frustrated in his last days with him for what reason?
5. When the young wife of the man killed in the crash with Ballard exits her car, what does she do?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)