|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ballard drives home with Catherine and Vaughan in the backseat, what does he notice for the first time since his release from the hospital?
(a) It started raining.
(b) The streets are empty.
(c) There are no planes on the runway.
(d) The sun is shining.
2. According to Ballard, Vaughan's fixation on the sex-death fantasy he created became more frustrated in his last days with him for what reason?
(a) Because it did occur.
(b) Because he wanted something else to occur.
(c) Because he no longer wanted it to occur.
(d) Because it didn't occur.
3. What is the name of the park where Ballard and Catherine's apartment is located?
4. In the hospital, what contained the "hundred histories of collision and bereavement" according to Ballard?
(a) The broken wheelchairs.
(b) The covered gurneys.
(c) The empty beds.
(d) The full IV bags.
5. How many weeks does Ballard stay in the hospital after the crash in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ballard's "ironic gesture" to provoke Catherine and Renate, who don't want him to drive?
2. According to Ballard, if the famous actress Vaughan obsessed over never died in a car-crash, what had Vaughan created instead?
3. Where do Helen and Ballard's trysts take place?
4. What does Helen do when Ballard first addresses her in the hospital?
5. Who does Ballard describe as the "perfect forgery of an Ingres"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)