|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the film studio Ballard works for located?
2. "Crash" is set in what city?
(c) New York.
3. According to Ballard, what would Ballard and Vaughan listen to on their way to accident sites?
(c) Police broadcasts.
(d) BBC news.
4. What does Helen do when Ballard first addresses her in the hospital?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She screams at him.
(d) She hits him.
5. Who dies as the novel opens?
(a) Dr. Helen Remington.
(b) Catherine Ballard.
(c) James Ballard.
(d) Dr. Robert Vaughan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ballard have his safety belt on when leaving his secretary, Renata, before the crash?
2. What pictures is Ballard's passenger looking at when they arrive at the scene of his accident that killed Helen's husband?
3. According to the narrator, with whom did Vaughan want to die in a collision?
4. According to Ballard, as he recuperates in the hospital, what does he state as the "only real experience" he had been through in years?
5. When Ballard first sees Helen at the hospital, what is the scarred man wearing under his lab coat?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)