|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, with whom did Vaughan want to die in a collision?
(a) Dr. Helen Remington.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Catherine Ballard.
(d) James Ballard.
2. Who dies as the novel opens?
(a) James Ballard.
(b) Dr. Robert Vaughan.
(c) Dr. Helen Remington.
(d) Catherine Ballard.
3. Who, according to Ballard, "read the answer to her unspoken questions in the scars on my legs and chest" in the hospital?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His nurse.
(c) His wife.
(d) His doctor.
4. What kind of films did Ballard and Catherine see at the small art-cinema near their home?
(a) American avant-garde and German sex instruction.
(b) German sex instruction and American blockbusters.
(c) French avant-garde and American blockbusters.
(d) Amercian avant-garde and American blockbusters.
5. When Ballard is lifted onto the stretcher after the crash, how does he feel?
(a) Aroused at seeing the young wife.
(b) Relieved that he wasn't seriously injured.
(c) Guilty about causing a man to die.
(d) Isolated from the reality of the accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their driving excursions to look for accident sites, what does Vaughan describe to Ballard?
2. What premonitions does Ballard begin to have after being released from the hospital?
3. Who witnessed Ballard inappropriately touch a flight attendant on an escalator and were on his flight to Orly?
4. What is the person parked behind Ballard at the scene of the accident that killed Helen's husband doing?
5. According to Ballard, what do the scars above his patella replicate?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)