|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of commercial did Ballard prepare that he hoped to use a well-known actress for?
(a) A car commerical.
(b) A cigarette commercial.
(c) A beer commercial.
(d) An airline commercial.
2. What did Vaughan rehearse for in the days before his death?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His own death.
(c) Ballard's murder.
(d) A one-man show.
3. According to the narrator, with whom did Vaughan want to die in a collision?
(a) Elizabeth Taylor.
(b) James Ballard.
(c) Catherine Ballard.
(d) Dr. Helen Remington.
4. In the hospital, what contained the "hundred histories of collision and bereavement" according to Ballard?
(a) The empty beds.
(b) The full IV bags.
(c) The broken wheelchairs.
(d) The covered gurneys.
5. Who did Vaughan collide with two months earlier when he lurched from a concealed access road?
(a) Two mechanics.
(b) A filmmaker.
(c) A stunt driver.
(d) Two air hostesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Ballard repeat several times in his description of the car crash at the beginning of the book?
2. What is the name of the park where Ballard and Catherine's apartment is located?
3. What kind of car does Catherine drive?
4. When Ballard goes to the garage, what does he see on a rear window sill that reminds him of his own personal possessions scattered on the floor of his car after the crash?
5. What kind of airline pilot removes the young wife from the crash with Ballard?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)