|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As it is revealed in Part Eleven, why has Amari been so tired and sick throughout their journey?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is dehydrated.
(c) She is feeling guilty.
(d) She has food poisoning.
2. What city are Polly, Tidbit and Amari near when they meet Nathan?
(a) Savannah, GA.
(b) Tampa, FL.
(c) Charles Town, SC.
(d) Atlanta, GA.
3. How does Amari escape from Clay at the end of Part Seven?
(a) She pleads for her life.
(b) Hushpuppy bites him.
(c) Polly shoots him.
(d) Tidbit attacks him.
4. What is the cause of Mr. Derby's death?
(b) Alligator attack.
(d) Heart attack.
5. When Amari reminds Polly that, because she is white, the indentured girl has a choice about which way to go, how does Polly respond?
(a) She takes off on her own.
(b) She threatens to shoot Amari.
(c) She chooses to stay because of Tidbit.
(d) She says that they all need one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intercepts Polly, Tidbit and Amari before they make it to the gate?
2. Where does the ship containing the kidnapped Ewe people make landfall in Part One?
3. What request does Mrs. Derby make of Polly and Amari in Part Six?
4. How do Polly, Tidbit and Amari approach the entrance to Fort Mose?
5. What advice does Fiona NOT offer the children about getting to Fort Mose?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)