|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Fiona NOT offer the children about getting to Fort Mose?
(a) Pretend Amari and Tidbit are Polly's slaves.
(b) Travel by night.
(c) Head south to Spanish territory.
(d) Go north to the Underground Railroad.
2. What does Fiona tell the children about her desire to help them?
(a) She wants to make the choice to help them be free.
(b) She does not want to become entangled in legal affairs.
(c) She has to check with her husband before she can help them.
(d) She will turn them in in the morning.
3. What do the white people at the slave auction think of the relationship between Amari and Afi?
(a) That they are mother and daughter.
(b) That they neither know nor care for each other.
(c) That they must be sisters.
(d) That they must be split up.
4. When the Derby men discuss purchasing more slaves in Part Four, Polly thinks it is almost like they are talking about which of the following?
(a) Eating candy.
(b) Buying livestock.
(c) Going to a funeral.
(d) Getting a tooth pulled.
5. How long is Polly's indenture sentence?
(a) 29 years.
(b) For life.
(c) 14 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is always escaping from Tirza?
2. What food most likely makes Polly, Tidbit and Amari sick in Part Seven?
3. What advice does Afi offer Amari if she is chosen by a crew hand in Part One?
4. What is the cause of Isabelle's concern over her baby?
5. How will Polly, Tidbit and Amari get rid of Clay as they journey toward freedom?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)