|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eight: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one clue that the strangers in the Ewe village are not there on a peaceful mission?
(a) They do not smile.
(b) They refuse to participate in the celebrations.
(c) They bring gifts.
(d) They make threats as soon as they arrive.
2. What does Polly tell Myna once the girls awakens in Part 5 after being beaten by Mr. Derby?
(a) That she has missed her.
(b) That she got what she deserved.
(c) That the infection might prove fatal.
(d) That she was unable to get the stains out of the rug.
3. What kills Tirza?
(a) She chokes in the neck band.
(b) She is shot.
(c) She gives up.
(d) She suffers a heart attack.
4. How many wives does the chief elder of the Ewes have?
5. Which of the following does NOT occur when the women are brought up on deck of the ship in Part One?
(a) They are mocked.
(b) They are made to feel comfortable.
(c) They are fed.
(d) They have water thrown on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amari choose to go south rather than north in Part SEven?
2. What do the crewhands throw overboard after the dancing in Part One?
3. What do the stars symbolize for Amari in Part Seven?
4. How old is Amari when she makes it to the auction block?
5. What is the cause of Mr. Derby's death?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)