|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bill is not around to protect her in Part One, what happens to Amari?
(a) She is forced to starve.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She is unable to bathe.
(d) She is raped by multiple men.
2. What year is this novel set?
3. What is one clue that the strangers in the Ewe village are not there on a peaceful mission?
(a) They do not smile.
(b) They refuse to participate in the celebrations.
(c) They bring gifts.
(d) They make threats as soon as they arrive.
4. Why do Myna and Polly get the opportunity to serve dinner at the big house in Part Four?
(a) Isabelle Derby has been saving a job for Polly.
(b) Hildy's daughter must help her recover.
(c) Clay requests Myna's services.
(d) Mr. Derby knows that Polly deserves to work in the house.
5. Why does Teenie understand Amari's love of Africa?
(a) Teenie has read many books on Africa.
(b) Teenie's mother was African.
(c) Teenie was also stolen from a Ewe village.
(d) Teenie has heard all the slaves talk of Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman whom Amari befriends in the holding area know so much about what is to come for the newly-captured Ewe people?
2. What happens to Hildy?
3. Who is Cato?
4. What advice does Afi offer Amari if she is chosen by a crew hand in Part One?
5. What message does Besa give Amari the night he visits her on Sullivan's Island?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)