|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven: Amari.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the first Mrs. Derby die?
(a) In a house fire.
(b) In childbirth with Clay.
(c) Of the flu of 1730.
(d) In a boating accident.
2. How does Clay respond to Polly's questions and ability to read in Part Two?
(a) He tells her that women should know their place.
(b) He kindly answers her questions.
(c) He tells her she should talk to Mr. Derby.
(d) He ignores her completely.
3. What is the price paid for Amari at the slave auction?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
4. What name does Clay give to Amari?
5. How does Amari know to navigate their journey in Part Seven?
(a) She trusts the doctor's directions.
(b) She has read a great deal about exploring.
(c) She chooses to follow other travelers.
(d) She can remember lessons about nature she learned at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What further punishment does Mr. Derby give Myna after her whipping?
2. What request does Mrs. Derby make of Polly and Amari in Part Six?
3. What do the white people at the slave auction think of the relationship between Amari and Afi?
4. Which slave is given Isabelle's baby to care for?
5. Which of the following is NOT a clue that Amari can understand Polly's English?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)