|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Nine: Amari.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Derby come to the kitchen one morning in Part Six?
(a) He wants to bring Myna to Clay.
(b) He wants to use Tidbit as bait again.
(c) Mrs. Derby is in labor.
(d) He needs dinner service that night.
2. After Mr. Derby finds out about Isabelle's baby, where will Polly's indenture be sold?
(a) To a tea plantation nearby.
(b) To a farm in Florida.
(c) To a friend in Georgia.
(d) To a brothel in New Orleans.
3. What sounds does Amari hear one night as she walks along the path to Teenie's kitchen in Part Three?
(a) The voice of Clay Derby calling for her.
(b) The sounds of hound dogs searching the fields.
(c) Polly crying over the deaths of her parents.
(d) A tense conversation between an unnamed man and woman.
4. How will Polly, Tidbit and Amari get rid of Clay as they journey toward freedom?
(a) They know he is too lazy to go on this journey.
(b) They will kill him in the morning.
(c) They will tell him he should watch Isabelle instead.
(d) Teenie asks Cato to give him some special seeds.
5. Where does Cato tell Polly, Tidbit and Amari to flee in Part Six?
(a) Sullivan's Island.
(b) Fort Mose.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Isabelle's concern over her baby?
2. What does Fiona tell the children about her desire to help them?
3. Who is seen outside the window of Isabelle's baby's birth?
4. Whom does Mr. Derby NOT plan to sell in Part Six?
5. Who is the father of Isabelle's baby?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)