Part One: Amari
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Draper, Sharon. Copper Sun. Simon Pulse, 2006.
• Amari was standing in the heat, naked and shackled to other female slaves on the auction block. All she saw was a sea of white faces that looked uninterested in her plight.
• Then her eyes landed on a young white girl her age (15).
• The site of a seagull reminded her of her younger brother who was unable to fly away from their captors.
Part One: Amari (this section is from the third person limited point of view, focused on Amari)
Chapter One: Amari and Besa
• Amari and her younger brother Kwasi were walking in the Ziavi village. Kwasi teased Amari about her beau, Besa.
• They soon ran into Besa, to whom Amari was betrothed last year.
• Amari could not talk because he had to tell...
This section contains 7,936 words
(approx. 27 pages at 300 words per page)