|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people say about Claudette when she left Montgomery?
(a) She didn't care about civil rights.
(b) She was brave.
(c) She was crazy.
(d) She was stupid.
2. Who did Claudette meet at lunch at the court house?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Mary Louise.
(c) Dr. King.
(d) Rosa Parks.
3. For what was Dr. King sentenced to one year of hard labor?
(a) Trespassing on city property.
(b) He was not sentenced to any jail time.
(c) Trumped up charges.
(d) Assaulting a police officer.
4. Where did Claudette leave Raymond when she went to New York?
(a) She took him with her.
(b) With her biological parents.
(c) With his father.
(d) With her mother.
5. Who did the segregationist single out as being the cause of all the problems in Montgomery?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Fred Gray.
(c) Claudette Colvin.
(d) Martin Luther King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Parks permitted to do?
2. Under what name did Claudette start her new school?
3. What did the City Lines have to do in response to the boycott?
4. What worried Claudette more than the court decision?
5. Where did Claudette go when she left Birmingham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long did the judges take with their decision and what was Mayor Gayle's response?
2. What did Claudette do when she returned to Montgomery?
3. What did the three judges think about the court case and what was the end result?
4. Who were the judges on Claudette's court case?
5. What was happening with the bus line by late January and how did the city leaders respond to that?
6. What happened during the summer with the bus boycott?
7. Why was Parks considered a good figurehead for the bus boycott?
8. What did vow to do when the Supreme Court upheld the court's decision and what happened finally? Where was Claudette on the first day the blacks began to ride the bus again?
9. How did Claudette become known again in the 1970's and how did she feel about that?
10. Why was Claudette considered a bad choice to be the "poster person" for a bus boycott? What did she say about her problem?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)