|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did King characterize the kind of justice they seek?
(a) Justice that remains under the light of day.
(b) Justice that serves all humankind.
(c) Justice that rolls like a wave over the court system.
(d) Justice that runs down like water.
2. How did Claudette's mother's employers feel about the boycott?
3. When was Rosa Parks arrested?
(a) On December 1, 1953.
(b) On December 1, 1955.
(c) On January 1, 1956.
(d) On January 1, 1954.
4. How did Claudette finish high school?
(a) She never finished school.
(b) She obtained a GED.
(c) She lived with the Abernathys.
(d) She stayed with her biological parents.
5. What did Gayle say about the case?
(a) The city was happy to be vindicated.
(b) The city would obey.
(c) He would resign his position.
(d) The city would appeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Claudette sit at the rally?
2. What did Jo Ann Robinson write?
3. What was the name of Claudette's second son?
4. What did the City Lines have to do in response to the boycott?
5. What did Dr. King encourage people to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Claudette do about the celebration?
2. How long did the judges take with their decision and what was Mayor Gayle's response?
3. What was happening with the bus line by late January and how did the city leaders respond to that?
4. Why was Parks considered a good figurehead for the bus boycott?
5. What happened to Rosa Parks when she was arrested and why did this make the black community angry?
6. How did the boycott protesters feel about the court's decision and why? What did the court begin to receive?
7. What did Gray question Claudette about and what did the prosecutor try to do? How did Claudette do in court?
8. What did Claudette do when she returned to Montgomery?
9. Where did Claudette's family take her to go back to school and what was the situation like there?
10. Why was Claudette afraid after the boycott ended, who did she meet and what kind of help did she need but not receive?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)