|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Montgomery Circuit Court adjudicate about Claudette's conviction?
(a) Dropped all the charges.
(b) Upheld the conviction on all the charges.
(c) Declined to review the case.
(d) Dropped all but assault on a police officer.
2. Who commanded the buses in Montgomery?
(a) The police.
(b) Tough men.
(c) The KKK.
(d) The sheriff.
3. Where did blacks have to sit on the bus?
(a) On the front left.
(b) In the front.
(c) In the back.
(d) On the front right.
4. For what was Jeremiah Reeves sentenced to death?
(a) Killing a police officer.
(b) Raping a black woman.
(c) Killing a black child.
(d) Raping a white woman.
5. With whom did Claudette develop a connection to?
(a) Rosa Parks' mother.
(b) The secretary of the adult NAACP.
(c) Dr. King.
(d) The secretary of the youth NAACP.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Hamilton?
2. What did Robinson's group threaten?
3. In 1950, what percent of black women were maids for white families?
4. How did some of the white people insult Claudette?
5. Who is Claudette Colvin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did people think of Claudette, what made her curious about the whites and what was she taught about the whites?
2. How did the bus drivers enforce the rules and what happened if a black person stood up to the driver?
3. How did Claudette change under Nesbitt's mentoring and what did she read that made her what to help the black people?
4. What did Claudette find out about her intelligence in school, why wasn't she popular and what did she think about the way blacks perceived themselves?
5. How did the incident on the bus with Claudette start?
6. What did Robinson remember and what did she begin to do?
7. Where and when did Claudette grow up and what law affected her life and why?
8. What did Claudette say to the two police officers who arrested her and what did she do when they pulled her off the bus?
9. How did Claudette's appeal end up?
10. What did Claudette face in the legal system and what did her family do to help her?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)