|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Parks have to pay?
(a) 25 dollars.
(b) 10 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
2. What were the charges against Parks?
(a) Violating the bus segregation laws.
(b) Disobeying a lawful order.
(c) Disorderly conduct and violating the bus segregation laws.
(d) Disorderly conduct.
3. Where did Claudette leave Raymond when she went to New York?
(a) She took him with her.
(b) With her biological parents.
(c) With her mother.
(d) With his father.
4. What did the Supreme Court do in November?
(a) Delay the case until the spring.
(b) Refuse to hear the case.
(c) Refute the decision in the case.
(d) Upheld the decision in Browder v. Gayle.
5. Why was Claudette shunned having to do with her baby?
(a) His father was white.
(b) He was developmentally slow.
(c) He was light skinned.
(d) She refused to marry his father.
6. For what was Dr. King sentenced to one year of hard labor?
(a) Trumped up charges.
(b) He was not sentenced to any jail time.
(c) Assaulting a police officer.
(d) Trespassing on city property.
7. Why was Claudette kicked out of school?
(a) She got married.
(b) She refused to obey the principal about the boycott.
(c) She started showing her pregnancy.
(d) She had a felony record.
8. What did Jo Ann Robinson write?
(a) A list of grievences.
(b) A letter to the Governor of Alabama.
(c) A boycott pledge.
(d) A letter to the President of the United States.
9. How did Claudette's parents feel about her as they left the court house?
10. Why did Claudette not have an abortion?
(a) It was illegal.
(b) She wanted her baby to grow up in a better world which looked likely.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) It was immoral.
11. What did Claudette notice on the bus boycott?
(a) Her name was near the bottom of the list of thousands.
(b) Her name was misspelled.
(c) Her name was left off.
(d) Her name was at the top and had a star by it.
12. Why did Gray put Claudette last on the stand?
(a) She was the oldest one.
(b) Her story was the most powerful one.
(c) She was the youngest one.
(d) She was late arriving at the court house.
13. Where did Claudette's family take her?
(b) St. Louis.
14. Why was Claudette considered a political liability at this time?
(a) She was too timid.
(b) Her family was too well to do for the poorer blacks to relate to her.
(c) She was unmarried and pregnant.
(d) She was too young and they didn't want it to seem she was controlled by the NAACP.
15. What was held the night of December 5th?
(a) A celebratory rally.
(b) A prayer vigil.
(c) Neighborhood potluck dinners.
(d) Nothing as they wanted to give the police not excuses for harrassment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people heard Claudette speak in 2005?
2. Who was the youngest of the three federal judges hearing Claudette's case?
3. What did Gray say segregation violated?
4. Who greeted Claudette at the courthouse?
5. How did Claudette feel about being an unwed mother?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)