|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What started happening to churches in the summer?
(a) They were set up as first aid stations.
(b) Being filled to capacity.
(c) Being bombed.
(d) The city started condemning the church buildings.
2. What kind of parents were Claudette's biological mother and father?
(a) They didn't care what she did.
(b) About average strictness.
(c) Very strict.
(d) Somewhat relaxed.
3. What did Judge Rives say about segregation?
(a) It was the safest system in the south.
(b) It was time for the south to be run by the blacks.
(c) One person shouldn't have to give up rights so another doesn't commit a crime.
(d) It did not violate the federal constitution.
4. When was Rosa Parks arrested?
(a) On December 1, 1955.
(b) On December 1, 1953.
(c) On January 1, 1956.
(d) On January 1, 1954.
5. What did the Supreme Court do in November?
(a) Refute the decision in the case.
(b) Upheld the decision in Browder v. Gayle.
(c) Refuse to hear the case.
(d) Delay the case until the spring.
6. When would the Supreme Court consider the case?
(a) In the fall.
(b) The following month.
(c) In December.
(d) Next spring.
7. What was Parks' marital status?
8. What does Claudette say about sex?
(a) She knew almost nothing.
(b) She learned about sex in gym class.
(c) She knew she should wait for marriage, but the man pressured her.
(d) She does not say anything about sex.
9. Where did Claudette go when she left Birmingham?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To her aunt's house in Louisiana.
(c) Home to Montgomery.
(d) To Mississipi.
10. How long did the three judges take to make their decision?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten minutes.
11. Which judge did not agree with the other two?
(d) They all three agreed.
12. Under what name did Claudette start her new school?
(a) Claudette Austin.
(b) Claudette Corbin.
(c) Claudette Colvin.
(d) Detta Austin.
13. Why did Claudette not have an abortion?
(a) It was immoral.
(b) It was illegal.
(c) She wanted her baby to grow up in a better world which looked likely.
(d) It was too expensive.
14. How many blacks rode the buses on the morning of December 5th?
15. What was given as the reason for the segregation laws?
(a) Required for city order.
(b) Was sanctioned by God.
(c) The Negroes had asked for segregation.
(d) It was the way it was always done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of changes did black leaders want?
2. How did Claudette's parents feel about her as they left the court house?
3. What was the name of Claudette's second son?
4. What is said of Parks' skin color?
5. What did city officials continue to do in the summer of 1956?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)