|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Claudette kicked out of school?
(a) She got married.
(b) She had a felony record.
(c) She started showing her pregnancy.
(d) She refused to obey the principal about the boycott.
2. What worried Claudette more than the court decision?
(a) Being lynched.
(b) Her mother's illness.
(c) The kids at school.
(d) Being a teenager with a baby.
3. What did segregationists use to arrest black leaders in Montgomery?
(a) Crooked judges.
(b) Planted evidence.
(c) An obscure anti-boycott law.
(d) Private detectives.
4. For what was Dr. King sentenced to one year of hard labor?
(a) Assaulting a police officer.
(b) He was not sentenced to any jail time.
(c) Trumped up charges.
(d) Trespassing on city property.
5. How did Claudette finish high school?
(a) She lived with the Abernathys.
(b) She stayed with her biological parents.
(c) She never finished school.
(d) She obtained a GED.
6. What did Gayle say about the case?
(a) The city was happy to be vindicated.
(b) The city would appeal.
(c) He would resign his position.
(d) The city would obey.
7. Under what name did Claudette start her new school?
(a) Claudette Corbin.
(b) Detta Austin.
(c) Claudette Colvin.
(d) Claudette Austin.
8. How did Parks act when she was arrested?
(b) Calmly and without resisting.
(d) She verbally assaults the arresting officers.
9. Why was Claudette considered a political liability at this time?
(a) She was too young and they didn't want it to seem she was controlled by the NAACP.
(b) She was too timid.
(c) She was unmarried and pregnant.
(d) Her family was too well to do for the poorer blacks to relate to her.
10. When was Rosa Parks arrested?
(a) On December 1, 1955.
(b) On January 1, 1954.
(c) On January 1, 1956.
(d) On December 1, 1953.
11. What organization helped to create an alternative transport system?
(a) Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA).
(b) Blacks for an Equal Montgomery (BEM).
(c) Association for Black Civil Rights (ABCR).
(d) Montgomery Association of Negro Freedom Fighters. (MANFF).
12. What kind of changes did black leaders want?
(a) They asked for a complete rewriting of city law codes.
(b) Modest ones.
(c) They only wanted segregation on the bus lines to stop.
(d) Big changes all around.
13. Who greeted Claudette at the courthouse?
(a) Her family.
(b) A group of supporters.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) All of her classmates from Montgomery.
14. For what was she known as far as the NAACP?
(a) For her usually retiring personality.
(b) For her fiery temper.
(c) For her placid nature.
(d) For her activism.
15. What was given as the reason for the segregation laws?
(a) Was sanctioned by God.
(b) Required for city order.
(c) The Negroes had asked for segregation.
(d) It was the way it was always done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said of Parks' skin color?
2. What did the first three plaintiffs testify to when Gray presented them?
3. What was the name of Claudette's second son?
4. Where did Claudette speak in 2005?
5. Why did Claudette feel hurt?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)