|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-10/Epilogue, Browder v. Gale, Rage in Montgomery, History's Door.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on December 2, 1955?
(a) Thousands signed up for the bus boycott.
(b) The Govenor declared a State of Emergency.
(c) Claudette and her family move to Detroit.
(d) The President sent in the National Guard to prevent riots.
2. Why did blacks depend upon buses?
(a) To visit friends and family.
(b) They did not depend on the buses.
(c) To reach their white employers.
(d) To get to the grocery store.
3. Why did Parks' arrest spark such a reaction?
(a) She was a very respected member of the black community.
(b) She was subjected to a group of white men's jeers and catcalls.
(c) She was beaten.
(d) It came in light of Claudette's previous arrest.
4. What happened at the next stop the bus made?
(a) Claudette gets up to leave but the young white man prevents her.
(b) Claudette's mom is waiting for her.
(c) A policeman is waiting to arrest Claudette.
(d) The bus hits a telephone pole.
5. Why was it hard for Claudette to be popular at Booker T. Washington High?
(a) She was so smart.
(b) She was light skinned and had straight hair.
(c) She was actually very popular.
(d) Her parents were well to do and her friends were envious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Claudette finish high school?
2. Who is Mr. E. D. Nixon?
3. What does the person who came up to Claudette do?
4. Why did Claudette feel hurt?
5. What did Claudette want to do after studying the constitution?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)