Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
2. While the windows are being installed the underside of the vaulted ceiling is ____________.
3. After the ribs are completed, carpenters install _____________.
4. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
5. Where are these wood spanners installed by the carpenters?
The walls of the choir are constructed in three phases.
Part 1) What are these three phases? How are these three phases necessary?
Part 2) What are three other steps involved when making the walls of the cathedral? Why are these steps also necessary?
Part 3) How are these various steps and phases necessary when adding a roof to the structure?
1280 is a year that marks a huge transitional period in the construction of the cathedral.
Part 1) Describe the events that take place during this year. How is this a transitional period?
Part 2) Why is work not interrupted? What does this say about the organization of this project?
Part 3) What other periods of significance exist in the building of this cathedral? How are these periods significant?
Buttresses were used when building this cathedral.
Part 1) What are buttresses? What purpose do they serve? Are they necessary? Why or why not?
Part 2) What are three other aspects of the cathedral that are necessary during the building process? How are they necessary?
Part 3) Why are buttresses not needed today? What is still needed during a building project today? Why?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)