Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
2. While the windows are being installed the underside of the vaulted ceiling is ____________.
3. After the ribs are completed, carpenters install _____________.
4. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
5. Where are these wood spanners installed by the carpenters?
The cathedral has three huge doors.
Part 1) Describe these doors. How are they made?
Part 2) Why are they so large? How is the structure made to support these large doors?
Part 3) How might you feel walking in through this cathedral's large doors? How do these doors affect the aesthetics of the entire cathedral?
The walls of the choir are constructed in three phases.
Part 1) What are these three phases? How are these three phases necessary?
Part 2) What are three other steps involved when making the walls of the cathedral? Why are these steps also necessary?
Part 3) How are these various steps and phases necessary when adding a roof to the structure?
The spire is completed in 1331.
Part 1) What is the spire? What is the purpose of a spire?
Part 2) What might the spire signify to the people in regards to the cathedral?
Part 3) What other aspects of the cathedral stand out? What purpose do these architectural details serve?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)