|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
2. While the windows are being installed the underside of the vaulted ceiling is ____________.
3. After the ribs are completed, carpenters install _____________.
4. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
5. Where are these wood spanners installed by the carpenters?
Essay Topic 1
Training and discipline were required for the successful completion of this cathedral.
Part 1) Describe the training necessary for a project such as this. Could artisans today build it in a similar way? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why is discipline necessary? Is this type of discipline found in projects today? Why or why not?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this project and its completion after eighty-six years?
Essay Topic 2
Several deaths are mentioned in this story.
Part 1) Describe these deaths. How do they occur? How do they affect construction of the cathedral?
Part 2) Would building projects today continue with deaths such as these? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do deaths like this occur in building projects today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The cathedral took eighty-six years to build.
Part 1) Could it have taken less time? Why or why not? How long might it take to build today? Why?
Part 2) Do any projects take as long today? How might people feel today if a project took this long? Why would they feel this way?
Part 3) How might the people involved in this project feel about its outcome? Why would they feel this way?
This section contains 1,484 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)