Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
2. While the windows are being installed the underside of the vaulted ceiling is ____________.
3. After the ribs are completed, carpenters install _____________.
4. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
5. Where are these wood spanners installed by the carpenters?
Essay Topic 1
There are several architects throughout the process of building this cathedral.
Part 1) Who are these architects? What role does each play in the construction of the cathedral?
Part 2) What must be known by an architect in the 12th century? Do you consider an architect today less skilled, as skilled, or more skilled? Why?
Part 3) How different might building a cathedral be today? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The spire is completed in 1331.
Part 1) What is the spire? What is the purpose of a spire?
Part 2) What might the spire signify to the people in regards to the cathedral?
Part 3) What other aspects of the cathedral stand out? What purpose do these architectural details serve?
Essay Topic 3
1280 is a year that marks a huge transitional period in the construction of the cathedral.
Part 1) Describe the events that take place during this year. How is this a transitional period?
Part 2) Why is work not interrupted? What does this say about the organization of this project?
Part 3) What other periods of significance exist in the building of this cathedral? How are these periods significant?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)