|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The flying buttresses of the choir are completed and the centerings are readied for ___________.
(b) The first stones of the vaulted ceilings.
(d) Crown molding.
2. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
3. While the windows are being installed the underside of the vaulted ceiling is ____________.
(c) Plastered and painted.
4. The moldings and capitals are also finished and stone slabs are laid on the floor in what pattern?
5. In what year is the spire completed?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the year, William of Planz decides ___________.
2. These drain pipes then go to down spouts located on ___________.
3. Various kinds of metals are added to different batches of glass to___________.
4. The finished wax represents ___________.
5. Then the model is covered in about ______ inches of wax.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
2. What happens after the webbing has set hard?
3. What is the step that takes place after the ribs are completed?
4. What do the glass makers begin in 1302? Of what is this made?
5. Why is Wiliam of Planz replaced?
6. Describe the glass for this cathedral and how it is installed.
7. Describe the drain pipes.
8. How is the stone for the vaulted ceiling lifted?
9. Describe the workings of the great wheel.
10. How are the bells finished?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)