|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are these wood spanners installed by the carpenters?
(a) Along the ribs.
(b) Along the walls.
(c) Along the piers.
(d) Along the centerings.
2. By ___________ the cathedral is completed.
3. How does he die?
(a) He contracts influenza.
(b) He becomes ill with a fever.
(c) He is killed by a worker.
(d) He falls from the scaffolding of the vaults.
4. The ___________ ceiling requires much heavy stone.
5. All work on the cathedral stops in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. These larger sections are then installed between stone ____________ and iron reinforcing bars to create individual window panes.
2. Once the mold is broken away, revealing the finished bell, the bells are shipped to the cathedral and hoisted into ___________.
3. They meet at the center of the bay in a crossing pattern and are locked together by what?
4. What is the purpose of this pattern?
5. Who replaces this man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are cast for the cathedral? How are they unique?
2. Describe the cathedral's three huge doors.
3. What has taken place by 1332? What has taken place by 1338?
4. What happens after the webbing has set hard?
5. What is the step that takes place after the ribs are completed?
6. What happens in 1306?
7. How are the bells finished?
8. How is the ceiling constructed?
9. Why is Wiliam of Planz replaced?
10. What is significant about 1311, 1329, and 1330?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)