|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the glass gets the right size, the end is cut off and the pipe is spun _________ around and around.
(b) A few times.
2. The flying buttresses of the choir are completed and the centerings are readied for ___________.
(a) Crown molding.
(b) The first stones of the vaulted ceilings.
3. It is then cut into shape using a tool called ________ iron.
(a) A grozing.
(b) A grazing.
(c) A grizing.
(d) A gruzing.
4. This unique device is essentially a man-sized __________ that is operated by one or two men who walk around the inside of it.
5. The wax melts and runs out leaving a cavity in the clay. Molten _______________ is poured into the cavity and allowed to cool.
Short Answer Questions
1. By ___________ the cathedral is completed.
2. In what year is the spire completed?
3. To what might this unique device be compared?
4. Historically, did many such work stoppages occur in cathedral building?
5. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)