|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the windows are being installed the underside of the vaulted ceiling is ____________.
(a) Plastered and painted.
2. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
3. Two wooden ___________ cross each other at the middle of the square.
4. In 1281 who dies?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The architect.
(c) The Bishop of Chutreaux.
(d) The King of France.
5. Why are the people of Chutreaux lucky?
(a) The clergy change their minds.
(b) The cathedral is basically finished.
(c) The architect is quickly replaced.
(d) Their work stoppage lasts only five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. All work on the cathedral stops in what year?
2. Historically, did many such work stoppages occur in cathedral building?
3. The wax is then coated in ___________.
4. The glass is removed from the pipe and _________.
5. How many years has it been since construction began?
Short Essay Questions
1. How tall is the vaulted ceiling? What is used to support this massive structure?
2. What is the step that takes place after the ribs are completed?
3. What are vassoirs?
4. What is significant about 1311, 1329, and 1330?
5. Describe the drain pipes.
6. Describe the bells in the belfry.
7. How is the completion of the cathedral celebrated?
8. Describe the glass for this cathedral and how it is installed.
9. Describe the creation of the spire.
10. What happens in 1306?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)