|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
(a) Clay and plaster of Paris.
(d) Plaster of Paris.
2. To what might this unique device be compared?
(a) A crane.
(b) A pulley.
(c) A wheel for guinea pigs.
(d) An elevator.
3. The glass is removed from the pipe and _________.
4. The finished wax represents ___________.
(a) The general size of the bell.
(b) The size, thickness, and shape of the bell.
(c) The last step in the bell-making process.
(d) The general shape of the bell.
5. With what are the sheets attached?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
2. These drain pipes then go to down spouts located on ___________.
3. How are these ingredients mixed?
4. By ___________ the cathedral is completed.
5. Historically, did many such work stoppages occur in cathedral building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the completion of the cathedral celebrated?
2. Describe the cathedral's three huge doors.
3. How do the glass makers create the various shapes of glass?
4. How is the ceiling constructed?
5. What do the glass makers begin in 1302? Of what is this made?
6. Describe the bells in the belfry.
7. What happens in 1306?
8. When is the cathedral ready for the vaulted ceiling? What foundation is also built at the same time?
9. How long has the project taken thus far? How important are the illustrations in this section?
10. What is the step that takes place after the ribs are completed?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)