|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Various kinds of metals are added to different batches of glass to___________.
(a) Seal the glass.
(b) Color the glass.
(c) Distort the glass.
(d) Strengthen the glass.
2. As the men walk so the axle turns and winds up ________, lifting very heavy loads from the floor.
(a) A leather strap.
(b) The rope.
(c) Very tight.
(d) The wall.
3. These larger sections are then installed between stone ____________ and iron reinforcing bars to create individual window panes.
4. The shapes are cut to the correct dimensions by using what?
(a) A saw.
(b) A ruler.
(c) A sharp knife.
(d) A template.
5. Why are the people of Chutreaux lucky?
(a) The architect is quickly replaced.
(b) The cathedral is basically finished.
(c) The clergy change their minds.
(d) Their work stoppage lasts only five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. This period marks a huge transition in ____________________ of the cathedral.
2. In 1280, the choir of the cathedral is ready to receive ___________.
3. The glass makers then take a molten lump of glass on the end of a large hollow pipe and do what with it?
4. The down spouts are stone sculptures made to look like ___________.
5. When the glass gets the right size, the end is cut off and the pipe is spun _________ around and around.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about 1311, 1329, and 1330?
2. Describe the glass for this cathedral and how it is installed.
3. Describe the bells in the belfry.
4. Why is Wiliam of Planz replaced?
5. What happens in 1306?
6. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
7. What happens after the webbing has set hard?
8. Describe the creation of the spire.
9. How is the completion of the cathedral celebrated?
10. What takes place while the windows are being installed?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)