|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The moldings and capitals are also finished and stone slabs are laid on the floor in what pattern?
2. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
(a) The mouths of the cherubim.
(b) The mouths of the angels.
(c) The mouths of the gargoyles.
(d) The mouths of the saints.
3. In what year, does work resume?
4. The glass makers then take a molten lump of glass on the end of a large hollow pipe and do what with it?
(a) Blow it up like a balloon.
(b) Shake it.
(c) Spin it.
(d) Cool it.
5. The stones that comprise the ribs of the vaulted ceiling are called ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. By ___________ the cathedral is completed.
2. The glass is removed from the pipe and _________.
3. Masons then lay courses of light __________ stones over the wooden spanners.
4. Then the model is covered in about ______ inches of wax.
5. A tympanum, or ________________, is created to go above each door.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the glass makers create the various shapes of glass?
2. What are vassoirs?
3. When is the transept and most of its vaulting completed?
4. When is the cathedral ready for the vaulted ceiling? What foundation is also built at the same time?
5. What has taken place by 1332? What has taken place by 1338?
6. How are the bells finished?
7. What are cast for the cathedral? How are they unique?
8. Describe the workings of the great wheel.
9. Why is Wiliam of Planz replaced?
10. What is the step that takes place after the ribs are completed?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)