|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cathedral's three huge doors are built--the center door is almost _____________ feet high.
2. In 1281 who dies?
(a) The Bishop of Chutreaux.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The architect.
3. The largest simple pieces of glass are about __________ inches square.
4. Wooden arches, like ____________, are placed from pier to pier.
5. How does he die?
(a) He contracts influenza.
(b) He falls from the scaffolding of the vaults.
(c) He is killed by a worker.
(d) He becomes ill with a fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. The finished wax represents ___________.
2. The stones that comprise the ribs of the vaulted ceiling are called ___________.
3. Simultaneously, the foundation for what is begun?
4. The vaulted ceiling is built _________ feet above the foundation.
5. In 1302 the glass makers begin to make the colored glass for ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the casting process for the bells begin? What is the purpose of the wax?
2. What is significant about 1311, 1329, and 1330?
3. Describe the glass for this cathedral and how it is installed.
4. What happens after the webbing has set hard?
5. What happens in 1306?
6. How long has the project taken thus far? How important are the illustrations in this section?
7. Describe the bells in the belfry.
8. How is the ceiling constructed?
9. When is the cathedral ready for the vaulted ceiling? What foundation is also built at the same time?
10. How do the glass makers create the various shapes of glass?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)