|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The glass is removed from the pipe and _________.
2. The ceiling will be constructed using how many bays at a time?
3. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
4. Who replaces this man?
(a) Phillippe of Visoir.
(b) John Paul.
(c) Jeanne d'Arc.
(d) Etienne of Gaston.
5. This period marks a huge transition in ____________________ of the cathedral.
(a) The desire to see the construction.
(b) The personnel of the construction.
(c) The funding of the construction.
(d) The design of the construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cathedral's three huge doors are built--the center door is almost _____________ feet high.
2. Then the model is covered in about ______ inches of wax.
3. A tympanum, or ________________, is created to go above each door.
4. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
5. How many years has it been since construction began?
Short Essay Questions
1. How tall is the vaulted ceiling? What is used to support this massive structure?
2. How long has the project taken thus far? How important are the illustrations in this section?
3. When is the cathedral ready for the vaulted ceiling? What foundation is also built at the same time?
4. Describe the workings of the great wheel.
5. What do the glass makers begin in 1302? Of what is this made?
6. What takes place while the windows are being installed?
7. When is the transept and most of its vaulting completed?
8. What is significant about 1311, 1329, and 1330?
9. What is the step that takes place after the ribs are completed?
10. Describe the creation of the spire.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)