|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stones that comprise the ribs of the vaulted ceiling are called ___________.
2. The roof timbers are thickly coated in ___________.
3. The flying buttresses of the choir are completed and the centerings are readied for ___________.
(b) The first stones of the vaulted ceilings.
(d) Crown molding.
4. The axle of the device is attached to what?
(a) A handle.
(b) A platform.
(c) The wall.
(d) A lifting rope.
5. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. This unique device is essentially a man-sized __________ that is operated by one or two men who walk around the inside of it.
2. Various kinds of metals are added to different batches of glass to___________.
3. Why are these wooden arches placed from pier to pier?
4. By 1332 the___________________, of the cathedral is nearly complete.
5. A tympanum, or ________________, is created to go above each door.
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place while the windows are being installed?
2. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
3. Why is Wiliam of Planz replaced?
4. What are cast for the cathedral? How are they unique?
5. How is the ceiling constructed?
6. How do the glass makers create the various shapes of glass?
7. How is the completion of the cathedral celebrated?
8. Describe the cathedral's three huge doors.
9. How long has the project taken thus far? How important are the illustrations in this section?
10. Describe the construction of the roof.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)