|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the people of Chutreaux lucky?
(a) The clergy change their minds.
(b) Their work stoppage lasts only five years.
(c) The cathedral is basically finished.
(d) The architect is quickly replaced.
2. How does he die?
(a) He becomes ill with a fever.
(b) He falls from the scaffolding of the vaults.
(c) He is killed by a worker.
(d) He contracts influenza.
3. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Twenty-eight years.
(c) Thirty-eight years.
(d) Twenty years.
4. These drain pipes then go to down spouts located on ___________.
(a) The gutters.
(b) The foundation.
(c) The roof.
(d) The buttresses.
5. The shapes are cut to the correct dimensions by using what?
(a) A template.
(b) A sharp knife.
(c) A ruler.
(d) A saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wax is then coated in ___________.
2. A tympanum, or ________________, is created to go above each door.
3. Two wooden ___________ cross each other at the middle of the square.
4. The axle of the device is attached to what?
5. The glass itself is made from ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the drain pipes.
2. How is the completion of the cathedral celebrated?
3. How do the glass makers create the various shapes of glass?
4. What has taken place by 1332? What has taken place by 1338?
5. Describe the cathedral's three huge doors.
6. When is the transept and most of its vaulting completed?
7. Describe the glass for this cathedral and how it is installed.
8. What is significant about 1311, 1329, and 1330?
9. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
10. Describe the construction of the roof.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)