|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cathedral is mostly complete and has taken how many years to build thus far?
2. The vaulted ceiling is built _________ feet above the foundation.
3. Two wooden ___________ cross each other at the middle of the square.
4. The smaller pieces are assembled into panes as large as __________ inches square, the pieces being held together by lead channels.
5. Who replaces this man?
(a) Etienne of Gaston.
(b) Phillippe of Visoir.
(c) Jeanne d'Arc.
(d) John Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. By ___________ the cathedral is completed.
2. It is then cut into shape using a tool called ________ iron.
3. To what might this unique device be compared?
4. Why are these wooden arches placed from pier to pier?
5. What is the purpose of this pattern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the drain pipes.
2. Describe the construction of the roof.
3. Describe the creation of the spire.
4. Describe the cathedral's three huge doors.
5. Describe the bells in the belfry.
6. What do the glass makers begin in 1302? Of what is this made?
7. How are the bells finished?
8. How is the ceiling constructed?
9. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
10. How is the stone for the vaulted ceiling lifted?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)