|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces this man?
(a) Phillippe of Visoir.
(b) Jeanne d'Arc.
(c) John Paul.
(d) Etienne of Gaston.
2. How many bells are cast for the cathedral?
3. All work on the cathedral stops in what year?
4. How many years has it been since construction began?
5. Masons then lay courses of light __________ stones over the wooden spanners.
(a) Wood spanners.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what might this unique device be compared?
2. Two wooden ___________ cross each other at the middle of the square.
3. In 1281 who dies?
4. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
5. The axle of the device is attached to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about 1311, 1329, and 1330?
2. What are cast for the cathedral? How are they unique?
3. What happens in 1306?
4. What has taken place by 1332? What has taken place by 1338?
5. How does the casting process for the bells begin? What is the purpose of the wax?
6. Describe the drain pipes.
7. Describe the glass for this cathedral and how it is installed.
8. When is the cathedral ready for the vaulted ceiling? What foundation is also built at the same time?
9. How is the ceiling constructed?
10. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)