|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ ceiling requires much heavy stone.
2. After the ribs are completed, carpenters install _____________.
(b) A keystone.
3. Why are the roof timbers coated in this?
(a) To prevent them from falling down.
(b) To prevent them from rotting.
(c) To prevent them from catching on fire.
(d) To prevent them from buckling.
4. The wax is then coated in ___________.
(d) More clay and plaster of Paris.
5. Where are these wood spanners installed by the carpenters?
(a) Along the ribs.
(b) Along the walls.
(c) Along the piers.
(d) Along the centerings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year, does work resume?
2. With what are the sheets attached?
3. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
4. The cathedral's three huge doors are built--the center door is almost _____________ feet high.
5. By 1330 what is finally completed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place while the windows are being installed?
2. What are vassoirs?
3. How are the bells finished?
4. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
5. What do the glass makers begin in 1302? Of what is this made?
6. Describe the creation of the spire.
7. How does the casting process for the bells begin? What is the purpose of the wax?
8. What are cast for the cathedral? How are they unique?
9. Describe the workings of the great wheel.
10. Why is Wiliam of Planz replaced?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)