|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They meet at the center of the bay in a crossing pattern and are locked together by what?
(a) A steel keystone.
(c) A specially-shaped keystone.
2. In what year, does work resume?
3. The shapes are cut to the correct dimensions by using what?
(a) A template.
(b) A sharp knife.
(c) A saw.
(d) A ruler.
4. When the glass gets the right size, the end is cut off and the pipe is spun _________ around and around.
(a) A few times.
5. The glass is removed from the pipe and _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. This unique device is essentially a man-sized __________ that is operated by one or two men who walk around the inside of it.
2. In 1280, the choir of the cathedral is ready to receive ___________.
3. During the year, William of Planz decides ___________.
4. The wax melts and runs out leaving a cavity in the clay. Molten _______________ is poured into the cavity and allowed to cool.
5. The glass makers then take a molten lump of glass on the end of a large hollow pipe and do what with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the bells finished?
2. How is the stone for the vaulted ceiling lifted?
3. What are vassoirs?
4. What is the step that takes place after the ribs are completed?
5. Describe the creation of the spire.
6. Describe the bells in the belfry.
7. What do the glass makers begin in 1302? Of what is this made?
8. How is the ceiling constructed?
9. What are cast for the cathedral? How are they unique?
10. What happens in 1306?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)