|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cathedral is mostly complete and has taken how many years to build thus far?
2. In 1281 who dies?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The architect.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Bishop of Chutreaux.
3. As the men walk so the axle turns and winds up ________, lifting very heavy loads from the floor.
(a) The wall.
(b) A leather strap.
(c) The rope.
(d) Very tight.
4. The smaller pieces are assembled into panes as large as __________ inches square, the pieces being held together by lead channels.
5. Then the model is covered in about ______ inches of wax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Masons then lay courses of light __________ stones over the wooden spanners.
2. How many bells are cast for the cathedral?
3. In what year is the spire completed?
4. It is then cut into shape using a tool called ________ iron.
5. This unique device is essentially a man-sized __________ that is operated by one or two men who walk around the inside of it.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)