|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The axle of the device is attached to what?
(a) A handle.
(b) The wall.
(c) A platform.
(d) A lifting rope.
2. Simultaneously, the foundation for what is begun?
(a) The transept.
(b) The triforium.
(c) The trusses.
(d) The clerestory.
3. How large are these window panes?
(a) As large as fifty feet high.
(b) As large as eighty feet high.
(c) As large as seventy feet high.
(d) As large as sixty feet high.
4. Two wooden ___________ cross each other at the middle of the square.
5. By ___________ the cathedral is completed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The flying buttresses of the choir are completed and the centerings are readied for ___________.
2. Construction continues through ________ when the transept and most of its vaulting is completed.
3. The ceiling will be constructed using how many bays at a time?
4. What are these down spouts called?
5. A tympanum, or ________________, is created to go above each door.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)