|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does this transition period interrupt the work on the cathedral?
(a) Only later.
(b) Only at first.
2. The wax melts and runs out leaving a cavity in the clay. Molten _______________ is poured into the cavity and allowed to cool.
3. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
(b) Plaster of Paris.
(d) Clay and plaster of Paris.
4. Construction continues through ________ when the transept and most of its vaulting is completed.
5. Soon thereafter who dies and is replaced?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The architect.
(d) The Chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. They meet at the center of the bay in a crossing pattern and are locked together by what?
2. Then the model is covered in about ______ inches of wax.
3. When the glass gets the right size, the end is cut off and the pipe is spun _________ around and around.
4. The glass itself is made from ___________.
5. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When is the transept and most of its vaulting completed?
2. What are vassoirs?
3. When is the cathedral ready for the vaulted ceiling? What foundation is also built at the same time?
4. How is the ceiling constructed?
5. How are the bells finished?
6. How tall is the vaulted ceiling? What is used to support this massive structure?
7. How is the completion of the cathedral celebrated?
8. What happens after the webbing has set hard?
9. How does the casting process for the bells begin? What is the purpose of the wax?
10. Describe the bells in the belfry.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)