|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what are the sheets attached?
2. Simultaneously, the foundation for what is begun?
(a) The triforium.
(b) The trusses.
(c) The transept.
(d) The clerestory.
3. How large are these window panes?
(a) As large as eighty feet high.
(b) As large as sixty feet high.
(c) As large as seventy feet high.
(d) As large as fifty feet high.
4. Masons then lay courses of light __________ stones over the wooden spanners.
(b) Wood spanners.
5. Why are the people of Chutreaux lucky?
(a) The clergy change their minds.
(b) The cathedral is basically finished.
(c) The architect is quickly replaced.
(d) Their work stoppage lasts only five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are these down spouts called?
2. The glass makers then take a molten lump of glass on the end of a large hollow pipe and do what with it?
3. What is the purpose of this pattern?
4. __________ drain pipes are located around the roof and lead to stone gutters across the flying buttresses.
5. The ribs themselves carry the weight of __________, or ceiling stones.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the workings of the great wheel.
2. How is the ceiling constructed?
3. When is the transept and most of its vaulting completed?
4. Describe the creation of the spire.
5. How is the stone for the vaulted ceiling lifted?
6. How is the completion of the cathedral celebrated?
7. Describe the glass for this cathedral and how it is installed.
8. Describe the cathedral's three huge doors.
9. What are vassoirs?
10. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)