|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is then cut into shape using a tool called ________ iron.
(a) A grazing.
(b) A gruzing.
(c) A grizing.
(d) A grozing.
2. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
(a) The mouths of the gargoyles.
(b) The mouths of the angels.
(c) The mouths of the saints.
(d) The mouths of the cherubim.
3. As the men walk so the axle turns and winds up ________, lifting very heavy loads from the floor.
(a) The rope.
(b) The wall.
(c) Very tight.
(d) A leather strap.
4. In 1302 the glass makers begin to make the colored glass for ___________.
(a) The huge cathedral windows.
(b) The skylights.
(c) The sculptures.
(d) The floor tiles.
5. The flying buttresses of the choir are completed and the centerings are readied for ___________.
(b) Crown molding.
(d) The first stones of the vaulted ceilings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do during this time to raise money?
2. The axle of the device is attached to what?
3. Each of the bays is the square area between ________ piers at the corners.
4. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
5. Soon thereafter who dies and is replaced?
Short Essay Questions
1. How tall is the vaulted ceiling? What is used to support this massive structure?
2. What happens in 1306?
3. Describe the drain pipes.
4. What takes place while the windows are being installed?
5. Describe the creation of the spire.
6. What is significant about 1311, 1329, and 1330?
7. Describe the bells in the belfry.
8. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
9. What are vassoirs?
10. What has taken place by 1332? What has taken place by 1338?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)