|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What construction is the work site then prepared for?
(a) Forges and centerings.
(b) Scaffolding and centerings.
(c) Workshops and a forge.
(d) Scaffolding and workshops.
2. What are used to transport the materials through the city to the work site?
3. From where did much of the new lumber come?
4. Are these drawings approved?
(a) Not without many adjustments.
(b) Not at first.
5. The master quarryman supervises about ____________ men cutting limestone.
(a) Thirty thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(d) Three thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wall elevation show?
2. The walls of the choir are constructed in how many phases?
3. Pieces of cut limestone are hoisted out of the quarry. What are they cut into shape to match?
4. From where does the cut stone come?
5. As the mortar cures what does it do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the transportation of the lumber and stone.
2. What does the wall elevation show?
3. Describe the mortice-and-tenon construction method. How is this used in the construction of the cathedral?
4. How do the workmen reach the scaffolding?
5. What first takes place in the spring of 1253?
6. How much more work is done until the roof is begun?
7. Who makes the tools?
8. What is the master quarryman doing at the same time?
9. What does the floor plan show?
10. How do the flying buttresses work?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)