|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done with the Romanesque crypt?
(a) It is altered.
(b) It is saved.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is moved to another town.
2. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
3. Who leads the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The community.
(b) The King.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The President.
4. The master quarryman supervises about ____________ men cutting limestone.
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Thirty thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
5. Once the foundation is completed what are begun?
(a) The sculptures.
(b) The floor tiles.
(c) The walls.
(d) The Pews.
Short Answer Questions
1. These buttresses look like ___________.
2. The piers of the choir of Chutreaux will be ________ feet high and six to eight feet thick.
3. This technique also allowed for more space for ___________.
4. _____________, a row of arches and a narrow passageway, rises twenty feet.
5. What is this locale equipped with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done with the cut limestone?
2. Why must many houses be demolished?
3. What does the wall elevation show?
4. What is the master quarryman doing at the same time?
5. What does the floor plan show?
6. How much more work is done until the roof is begun?
7. What first takes place in the spring of 1253?
8. Upon what are the flying buttresses built? Why?
9. How many men have been employed in this project so far? How long has this project been in process?
10. Describe the buttresses and how they function.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)