|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The walls of the choir are constructed in how many phases?
2. Who is William responsible for hiring?
(a) The peasants who do hard labor on the project.
(b) The members of the chapter.
(c) The master craftsmen who work under him.
(d) The apprentices who work under him.
3. The outward buckling force is then transferred from the piers and walls to the buttresses by arches known as ___________.
(a) Singing buttresses.
(b) Sailing buttresses.
(c) Flinging buttresses.
(d) Flying buttresses.
4. Who leads the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The community.
(c) The King.
(d) The President.
5. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the mortar cures, what happens?
2. From where does the cut stone come?
3. What else is done to this location?
4. The master quarryman supervises about ____________ men cutting limestone.
5. The piers of the choir of Chutreaux will be ________ feet high and six to eight feet thick.
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place during the winter months?
2. What does the carpenter do once the design has been approved?
3. What does the wall elevation show?
4. Who is William in charge of hiring?
5. Describe the building of the scaffolding.
6. What types of tools are needed in the workshops?
7. Describe the transportation of the lumber and stone.
8. What happens once the site is cleared?
9. Who makes the tools?
10. What is first approved by the Bishop and the Chapter?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)