|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William produces a floor plan and a wall elevation drawing. What is it based on?
(a) Sheets of paper.
(b) Sheets of plaster.
(c) Sheets of papyrus.
(d) A chalkboard.
2. What else is done to this location?
(a) It is smoothed.
(b) It is marked with stakes.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is decorated.
3. The walls of the choir are constructed in how many phases?
4. The flying buttresses work by transferring downward forces from the walls to ___________.
(a) The buttresses.
(b) The centerings.
(c) The hurdles.
(d) The piers.
5. Once the foundation is completed what are begun?
(a) The sculptures.
(b) The Pews.
(c) The walls.
(d) The floor tiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The complex series of foundation excavations are executed according to ___________.
2. Does the floor plan show only the general outline?
3. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
4. This typical ________ architecture technique allowed the piers to remain thin relative to their height.
5. What does the wall elevation show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What first takes place in the spring of 1253?
2. Who is in charge of Chutreaux? How do they deal with the hiring of the architect for this new cathedral?
3. What takes place while the windows are being installed?
4. Describe the transportation of the lumber and stone.
5. What happens to the Bishop in 1281?
6. What types of tools are needed in the workshops?
7. What are cast for the cathedral? How are they unique?
8. Describe the construction of the roof.
9. How do the glass makers create the various shapes of glass?
10. What is the job of each master craftsman?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)