|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides the answer to number 29?
(a) The architect.
(b) The master sculptor.
(c) The master mason.
(d) The master carpenter.
2. Is Chutreaux, France a real place?
(a) Yes, but it is actually in England.
(d) Yes, but it was destroyed many centuries ago.
3. The foundation is built to ___________ standards.
(a) Somewhat accurate.
4. At this time the cathedral has been under construction for how many years?
(a) Eighty years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Twenty-eight years.
(d) Eight years.
5. As the walls grow higher the workmen build what?
(a) Wooden scaffolding.
(b) Wooden stairs.
(c) Wooden stilts.
(d) Wooden ladders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the twelfth century the people of Europe believed that God was ___________.
2. Who is William responsible for hiring?
3. William has much experience working on other cathedrals in _______________________.
4. What kind of tools do the stone cutter's workshop and the carpenter's workshop require?
5. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the workmen reach the scaffolding?
2. Who is in charge of Chutreaux? How do they deal with the hiring of the architect for this new cathedral?
3. Who is William in charge of hiring?
4. What does the floor plan show?
5. Where is the roof located? Of what does it consist?
6. How long has the cathedral been under construction at this point in the book?
7. What happens once the site is cleared?
8. How much more work is done until the roof is begun?
9. How many men have been employed in this project so far? How long has this project been in process?
10. Describe the building of the scaffolding.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)