|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stones are marked for what purposes?
(a) To decorate the stone.
(b) Tracking and remuneration.
(c) To know how much the carpenter is owed for his work.
(d) To know where they will go.
2. Are these drawings approved?
(a) Not at first.
(c) Not without many adjustments.
3. ______________, stone tracery and sixty-foot high windows, rises sixty feet for a total vertical rise of 160 feet.
(a) The triforium.
(b) The aisle.
(c) The clerestory.
(d) The sanctuary.
4. _______ walls span some portions of the cathedrals.
5. Why are the walls filled with this?
(a) Concrete is stronger than stone.
(b) Solid stone walls would be too expensive.
(c) It is very inexpensive.
(d) Some sort of insulation is needed to keep the cathdral a consistent temperature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the master craftsman take on?
2. _____________ later laborers in Chutreaux begin to clear the site of the new cathedral.
3. Once the mortar cures, what happens?
4. What is done with the Romanesque crypt?
5. From where did much of the new lumber come?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes the tools?
2. What is the master quarryman doing at the same time?
3. How do the flying buttresses work?
4. How long has the cathedral been under construction at this point in the book?
5. Who is William in charge of hiring?
6. What does the wall elevation show?
7. How much more work is done until the roof is begun?
8. Describe the excavation of the foundation.
9. Describe the building of the scaffolding.
10. What types of tools are needed in the workshops?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)