|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This typical ________ architecture technique allowed the piers to remain thin relative to their height.
2. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
3. How many staircases does Chutreaux have?
4. Why are many houses demolished?
(a) The new cathedral is in a different style from these homes.
(b) The owners have not paid their mortgages.
(c) The new cathedral is much larger than the old one.
(d) The houses are not pleasing to the eye.
5. Who hoists the materials out of the boats?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the church in Chutreaux?
2. What are used to transport the materials through the city to the work site?
3. During this time the new stonework and new in-place mortar are covered with what?
4. _____________ later laborers in Chutreaux begin to clear the site of the new cathedral.
5. In the spring of _________ the Bishop of Chutreaux blesses the first foundation stone and it is lowered into the excavated foundations.
Short Essay Questions
1. How many men have been employed in this project so far? How long has this project been in process?
2. What does the carpenter do once the design has been approved?
3. What takes place once the foundation is completed?
4. Describe the excavation of the foundation.
5. How long has the cathedral been under construction at this point in the book?
6. Upon what are the flying buttresses built? Why?
7. Who is in charge of Chutreaux? How do they deal with the hiring of the architect for this new cathedral?
8. What takes place during the winter months?
9. Describe the transportation of the lumber and stone.
10. What is the master quarryman doing at the same time?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)