|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The foundation is built to ___________ standards.
(c) Somewhat accurate.
2. Once the mortar cures, what happens?
(a) The framers are removed.
(b) The hurdles are removed.
(c) The stilts are removed.
(d) The centerings are removed.
3. Many simple laborers perform heavy manual labor. Where are these individuals from?
(a) The surrounding countryside.
(b) The citizenry of Chutreaux.
(c) Other parts of France.
(d) Other countries in Europe.
4. This typical ________ architecture technique allowed the piers to remain thin relative to their height.
5. The stones are marked for what purposes?
(a) To know where they will go.
(b) To decorate the stone.
(c) To know how much the carpenter is owed for his work.
(d) Tracking and remuneration.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the cut stone come?
2. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
3. The complex series of foundation excavations are executed according to ___________.
4. How many staircases does Chutreaux have?
5. Most importantly, the stone cutters work inside ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are used to remove some of the strain placed on the walls?
2. Upon what are the flying buttresses built? Why?
3. Who makes the tools?
4. What is done with the cut limestone?
5. What does the floor plan show?
6. What types of tools are needed in the workshops?
7. What takes place once the foundation is completed?
8. How many men have been employed in this project so far? How long has this project been in process?
9. What does the wall elevation show?
10. What is first approved by the Bishop and the Chapter?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)