|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After _______ more years of labor the walls of the choir and aisle are completed and work begins on the cathedral roof.
2. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The cathedral.
(b) The various workshops.
(c) The nearby houses.
(d) The Bishop's palace.
3. Are these drawings approved?
(b) Not without many adjustments.
(d) Not at first.
4. Who hoists the materials out of the boats?
5. What else is done to this location?
(a) It is destroyed.
(b) It is decorated.
(c) It is marked with stakes.
(d) It is smoothed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Chutreaux, France a real place?
2. Where do they cut limestone?
3. How is the cut lumber transported to Chutreaux?
4. The complex series of foundation excavations are executed according to ___________.
5. Why did William of Planz design buttresses around the cathedral's outside walls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the roof located? Of what does it consist?
2. What does the floor plan show?
3. What is done first to the site to prepare it for the building of the new cathedral?
4. Describe the buttresses and how they function.
5. What takes place during the winter months?
6. What does the wall elevation show?
7. Why must many houses be demolished?
8. What happens once the site is cleared?
9. Describe the mortice-and-tenon construction method. How is this used in the construction of the cathedral?
10. Who is William in charge of hiring?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)