|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cut lumber is transported ___________ miles.
(b) Thousands of.
(c) Very few.
2. Once the site is cleared, the location of what are surveyed?
(a) The fellowship hall and choir.
(b) The sanctuary and Bishop's palace.
(c) The apse and choir.
(d) The altar and aisle.
3. What happens to a portion of the Bishop's palace?
(a) It is altered.
(b) It is attached to the new cathedral.
(c) It is remodeled.
(d) It is demolished.
4. As the walls grow higher the workmen build what?
(a) Wooden stairs.
(b) Wooden ladders.
(c) Wooden scaffolding.
(d) Wooden stilts.
5. How many masters does William hire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are many houses demolished?
2. How many staircases does Chutreaux have?
3. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
4. What does each master craftsman then establish?
5. As the various workshops begin production, what do they require?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the excavation of the foundation.
2. Who is William in charge of hiring?
3. Who makes the tools?
4. What is done first to the site to prepare it for the building of the new cathedral?
5. How many men have been employed in this project so far? How long has this project been in process?
6. Describe the transportation of the lumber and stone.
7. What happens once the site is cleared?
8. What does the carpenter do once the design has been approved?
9. How do the flying buttresses work?
10. What is the master quarryman doing at the same time?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)