|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are most of these skilled workers drawn from?
(a) Neighboring kingdoms.
(b) Other countries.
(c) Around the world.
(d) The citizenry of Chutreaux.
2. What is done with the Romanesque crypt?
(a) It is altered.
(b) It is destroyed.
(c) It is saved.
(d) It is moved to another town.
3. Who controls funds in the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The people of Chutreaux.
(b) A group of clergymen known as the chapter.
(c) The King of France.
(d) A group of master craftsmen.
4. For what do they cut timber?
(a) The construction of scaffolding, workshops, tools, and machines.
(b) The construction of the scaffolding and tools.
(c) The construction of the cathedral.
(d) The construction of the carts to haul supplies.
5. How many masters does William hire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Each _____________ is mortared together.
2. Who fabricates the metal components of the tools?
3. The arcade of piers rises how far from the foundation?
4. What halts construction for five months?
5. What are used to transport the materials through the city to the work site?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the wall elevation show?
2. Upon what are the flying buttresses built? Why?
3. What takes place once the foundation is completed?
4. What first takes place in the spring of 1253?
5. Describe the three phases of the construction of the walls of the choir.
6. Describe the excavation of the foundation.
7. How many men have been employed in this project so far? How long has this project been in process?
8. What is done with the cut limestone?
9. What does the carpenter do once the design has been approved?
10. What takes place during the winter months?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)