|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are used to transport the materials through the city to the work site?
2. Why is the answer to number 74 hung from the top of the wall instead of rising from the ground?
(a) Because the workmen are confused.
(b) Because it is safer hanging from the ceiling.
(c) Because it is easier to build this way.
(d) Because it must go very high.
3. To whom are the drawings presented?
(a) The Bishop and the Chapter.
(b) The Chapter.
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The king.
4. Finally, the new foundation for the apse and choir is _______________.
5. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the walls are two vertical walls with a space between that is filled with ___________.
2. How many masters does William hire?
3. Why are the walls filled with this?
4. Where do they cut limestone?
5. How many staircases does Chutreaux have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must many houses be demolished?
2. Where is the roof located? Of what does it consist?
3. What is first approved by the Bishop and the Chapter?
4. What takes place once the foundation is completed?
5. What does the carpenter do once the design has been approved?
6. Describe the buttresses and how they function.
7. What types of tools are needed in the workshops?
8. How do the workmen reach the scaffolding?
9. What does the floor plan show?
10. How long has the cathedral been under construction at this point in the book?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)