|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tympanum, or ________________, is created to go above each door.
(b) Semicircular sculpted panel.
(d) Down spout.
2. When the glass gets the right size, the end is cut off and the pipe is spun _________ around and around.
(a) A few times.
3. By ___________ the cathedral is completed.
4. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
5. The roof timbers are thickly coated in ___________.
6. Various kinds of metals are added to different batches of glass to___________.
(a) Color the glass.
(b) Strengthen the glass.
(c) Seal the glass.
(d) Distort the glass.
7. How many years has it been since construction began?
8. They meet at the center of the bay in a crossing pattern and are locked together by what?
(a) A steel keystone.
(d) A specially-shaped keystone.
9. Then the model is covered in about ______ inches of wax.
10. The glass is removed from the pipe and _________.
11. Two wooden ___________ cross each other at the middle of the square.
12. The finished wax represents ___________.
(a) The general size of the bell.
(b) The size, thickness, and shape of the bell.
(c) The general shape of the bell.
(d) The last step in the bell-making process.
13. Huge sheets of roofing ________ are made on the ground and then hoisted into place.
14. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
(b) Clay and plaster of Paris.
(c) Plaster of Paris.
15. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
(a) Thirty-eight years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Twenty-eight years.
(d) Thirty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Simultaneously, the foundation for what is begun?
2. What are these down spouts called?
3. During the year, William of Planz decides ___________.
4. In what year is the spire completed?
5. Who replaces this man?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)