|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The finished wax represents ___________.
(a) The size, thickness, and shape of the bell.
(b) The general shape of the bell.
(c) The general size of the bell.
(d) The last step in the bell-making process.
2. When the glass gets the right size, the end is cut off and the pipe is spun _________ around and around.
(a) A few times.
3. Two wooden ___________ cross each other at the middle of the square.
4. How many years has it been since construction began?
5. In 1281 who dies?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Bishop of Chutreaux.
(d) The architect.
6. How many bells are cast for the cathedral?
7. Huge sheets of roofing ________ are made on the ground and then hoisted into place.
8. Why are the roof timbers coated in this?
(a) To prevent them from rotting.
(b) To prevent them from catching on fire.
(c) To prevent them from buckling.
(d) To prevent them from falling down.
9. The glass is removed from the pipe and _________.
10. During the year, William of Planz decides ___________.
(a) He is no longer interested in this building project.
(b) He is too ill to continue working.
(c) He is too old to continue working.
(d) He wants to change part of the design.
11. In what year, does work resume?
12. In 1280, the choir of the cathedral is ready to receive ___________.
(a) The stained glass windows.
(b) The roof.
(c) The crown molding.
(d) The vaulted ceiling.
13. The cathedral is mostly complete and has taken how many years to build thus far?
14. This unique device is essentially a man-sized __________ that is operated by one or two men who walk around the inside of it.
15. The ___________ ceiling requires much heavy stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these wooden arches placed from pier to pier?
2. The shapes are cut to the correct dimensions by using what?
3. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
4. How does he die?
5. How are these ingredients mixed?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)