|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These drain pipes then go to down spouts located on ___________.
(a) The gutters.
(b) The buttresses.
(c) The foundation.
(d) The roof.
2. __________ drain pipes are located around the roof and lead to stone gutters across the flying buttresses.
3. The smaller pieces are assembled into panes as large as __________ inches square, the pieces being held together by lead channels.
4. The ___________ ceiling requires much heavy stone.
5. Huge sheets of roofing ________ are made on the ground and then hoisted into place.
6. What are these down spouts called?
7. The shapes are cut to the correct dimensions by using what?
(a) A sharp knife.
(b) A template.
(c) A ruler.
(d) A saw.
8. The ceiling will be constructed using how many bays at a time?
9. The vaulted ceiling is built _________ feet above the foundation.
10. Various kinds of metals are added to different batches of glass to___________.
(a) Distort the glass.
(b) Strengthen the glass.
(c) Color the glass.
(d) Seal the glass.
11. The largest simple pieces of glass are about __________ inches square.
12. Where are these wood spanners installed by the carpenters?
(a) Along the piers.
(b) Along the walls.
(c) Along the ribs.
(d) Along the centerings.
13. When the glass gets the right size, the end is cut off and the pipe is spun _________ around and around.
(b) A few times.
14. Once the mold is broken away, revealing the finished bell, the bells are shipped to the cathedral and hoisted into ___________.
(a) The tympanum.
(b) The spire.
(c) The belfry.
(d) The steeple.
15. The glass is spun outward into ___________.
(a) A large curved disk.
(b) A large oval.
(c) A large flat disk.
(d) A large balloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon thereafter who dies and is replaced?
2. During the year, William of Planz decides ___________.
3. The exterior of the wax is then carved into to create ___________.
4. By 1330 what is finally completed?
5. The ribs themselves carry the weight of __________, or ceiling stones.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)