Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The process begins when a solid model of the bell is made in ___________.
(a) Clay and plaster of Paris.
(b) Plaster of Paris.
2. While the windows are being installed the underside of the vaulted ceiling is ____________.
(b) Plastered and painted.
3. After the ribs are completed, carpenters install _____________.
(c) A keystone.
4. When it rains, the water shoots out of ___________.
(a) The mouths of the angels.
(b) The mouths of the gargoyles.
(c) The mouths of the saints.
(d) The mouths of the cherubim.
5. Where are these wood spanners installed by the carpenters?
(a) Along the piers.
(b) Along the walls.
(c) Along the centerings.
(d) Along the ribs.
6. Simultaneously, the foundation for what is begun?
(a) The clerestory.
(b) The trusses.
(c) The triforium.
(d) The transept.
7. How large are these window panes?
(a) As large as eighty feet high.
(b) As large as sixty feet high.
(c) As large as seventy feet high.
(d) As large as fifty feet high.
8. The finished wax represents ___________.
(a) The last step in the bell-making process.
(b) The size, thickness, and shape of the bell.
(c) The general size of the bell.
(d) The general shape of the bell.
9. The glass is spun outward into ___________.
(a) A large curved disk.
(b) A large balloon.
(c) A large oval.
(d) A large flat disk.
10. As the men walk so the axle turns and winds up ________, lifting very heavy loads from the floor.
(a) A leather strap.
(b) The wall.
(c) Very tight.
(d) The rope.
11. The ceiling will be constructed using how many bays at a time?
12. What is the purpose of this pattern?
(a) It was symbolic of Jesus as the fisher of men.
(b) It was symbolic of making a long pilgrimage to the cathedral in search of God's favor.
(c) It was symbolic of the connection between man and God.
(d) It was symbolic of the star over Bethlehem.
13. Each of the bays is the square area between ________ piers at the corners.
14. The cathedral is mostly complete and has taken how many years to build thus far?
15. Various kinds of metals are added to different batches of glass to___________.
(a) Seal the glass.
(b) Strengthen the glass.
(c) Distort the glass.
(d) Color the glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces William of Planz?
2. Then the model is covered in about ______ inches of wax.
3. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
4. Historically, did many such work stoppages occur in cathedral building?
5. The stones that comprise the ribs of the vaulted ceiling are called ___________.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)