|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large are these window panes?
(a) As large as sixty feet high.
(b) As large as eighty feet high.
(c) As large as fifty feet high.
(d) As large as seventy feet high.
2. The moldings and capitals are also finished and stone slabs are laid on the floor in what pattern?
3. A tympanum, or ________________, is created to go above each door.
(b) Semicircular sculpted panel.
(c) Down spout.
4. Who replaces William of Planz?
(a) Robert of Burgundy.
(b) Robert of Cormont.
(c) Robert of Normandy.
(d) Robert of Vane.
5. As the men walk so the axle turns and winds up ________, lifting very heavy loads from the floor.
(a) A leather strap.
(b) Very tight.
(c) The rope.
(d) The wall.
6. Two wooden ___________ cross each other at the middle of the square.
7. Why is each bell unique?
(a) They are made in different cities by different workshops.
(b) They are each made by a different craftsman.
(c) The clay mold used to cast the bronze bell is destroyed during the casting process.
(d) They are each decorated with a different scene from the Bible.
8. By 1330 what is finally completed?
(a) The nave.
(b) The altar.
(c) The pews.
(d) The windows.
9. When the glass gets the right size, the end is cut off and the pipe is spun _________ around and around.
(c) A few times.
10. Simultaneously, the foundation for what is begun?
(a) The transept.
(b) The clerestory.
(c) The trusses.
(d) The triforium.
11. It is then cut into shape using a tool called ________ iron.
(a) A grazing.
(b) A grozing.
(c) A grizing.
(d) A gruzing.
12. Wooden arches, like ____________, are placed from pier to pier.
13. The axle of the device is attached to what?
(a) A handle.
(b) A platform.
(c) A lifting rope.
(d) The wall.
14. The down spouts are stone sculptures made to look like ___________.
(a) Frightening monsters.
(b) Beautiful angels.
(c) Angelic cherubs.
(d) Stoic saints.
15. The vaulted ceiling is built _________ feet above the foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he die?
2. The finished wax represents ___________.
3. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
4. Does this transition period interrupt the work on the cathedral?
5. After the ribs are completed, carpenters install _____________.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)