|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
2. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The Bishop's palace.
(b) The various workshops.
(c) The nearby houses.
(d) The cathedral.
3. Who fabricates the metal components of the tools?
(a) The cooper.
(b) The carpenter.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The wheelwright.
4. What construction is the work site then prepared for?
(a) Scaffolding and centerings.
(b) Scaffolding and workshops.
(c) Forges and centerings.
(d) Workshops and a forge.
5. Who fabricates the wood components of the tools?
(a) The wheelwright.
(b) The woodworkers.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The cooper.
6. What halts construction for five months?
(a) A volcanic eruption.
(b) The winter.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) An earthquake.
7. To whom are the drawings presented?
(a) The Bishop and the Chapter.
(b) The Chapter.
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The king.
8. Who is William responsible for hiring?
(a) The peasants who do hard labor on the project.
(b) The members of the chapter.
(c) The apprentices who work under him.
(d) The master craftsmen who work under him.
9. Each _____________ is mortared together.
(b) Piece of glass.
10. Who provides the answer to number 29?
(a) The master sculptor.
(b) The architect.
(c) The master mason.
(d) The master carpenter.
11. What happens to the old cathedral?
(a) It is altered.
(b) It is demolished.
(c) It is not touched.
(d) It is moved.
12. The stones are marked for what purposes?
(a) To know where they will go.
(b) To decorate the stone.
(c) Tracking and remuneration.
(d) To know how much the carpenter is owed for his work.
13. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
14. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
15. What happens to a portion of the Bishop's palace?
(a) It is remodeled.
(b) It is altered.
(c) It is attached to the new cathedral.
(d) It is demolished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tools do the stone cutter's workshop and the carpenter's workshop require?
2. Why are the walls filled with this?
3. Who controls funds in the church in Chutreaux?
4. The scaffolding holds hurdles, or ____________ made from woven sticks.
5. The piers of the choir of Chutreaux will be ________ feet high and six to eight feet thick.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)