|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fabricates the wood components of the tools?
(a) The cooper.
(b) The woodworkers.
(c) The wheelwright.
(d) The blacksmith.
2. The walls of the choir are constructed in how many phases?
3. The cut lumber is transported ___________ miles.
(a) Very few.
(b) Thousands of.
4. Who leads the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The President.
(c) The community.
(d) The King.
5. What else is done to this location?
(a) It is marked with stakes.
(b) It is smoothed.
(c) It is decorated.
(d) It is destroyed.
6. The buttresses must be built upon temporary wooden frames called ____________.
7. The master quarryman supervises about ____________ men cutting limestone.
(a) Thirty thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Three thousand.
8. What is this locale equipped with?
(a) Pneumatic chisels.
(b) Restaurants and inns.
(c) Workshops and a forge.
(d) Activities for the families of the workers.
9. What construction is the work site then prepared for?
(a) Workshops and a forge.
(b) Forges and centerings.
(c) Scaffolding and centerings.
(d) Scaffolding and workshops.
10. Once the design has been approved the master carpenter takes about ___________ men into the forest of Chantilly and cuts timber.
(a) Twenty thousand.
(b) Two hundred.
(d) Two thousand.
11. Most of the walls are two vertical walls with a space between that is filled with ___________.
12. _____________ later laborers in Chutreaux begin to clear the site of the new cathedral.
(a) One week.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Where do they cut limestone?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In the Somme valley.
(c) In the town of Chutreaux.
(d) In the forest outside Chutreaux.
14. Who hoists the materials out of the boats?
15. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done with the Romanesque crypt?
2. What happens to a portion of the Bishop's palace?
3. _______________ support the stones of the flying buttress while the mortar cures.
4. The masons place the stones while who mix and apply the mortar?
5. What does the wall elevation show?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)