|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The various workshops.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The Bishop's palace.
(d) The nearby houses.
2. The cut lumber is transported ___________ miles.
(a) Very few.
(d) Thousands of.
3. Why is the answer to number 74 hung from the top of the wall instead of rising from the ground?
(a) Because it must go very high.
(b) Because it is easier to build this way.
(c) Because it is safer hanging from the ceiling.
(d) Because the workmen are confused.
4. Huge roof timbers are ordered from __________.
5. Who leads the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The King.
(b) The President.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The community.
6. The piers of the choir of Chutreaux will be ________ feet high and six to eight feet thick.
7. Once the site is cleared, the location of what are surveyed?
(a) The altar and aisle.
(b) The fellowship hall and choir.
(c) The sanctuary and Bishop's palace.
(d) The apse and choir.
8. As the various workshops begin production, what do they require?
(a) Some basic tools.
(b) Approval from the people of Chutreaux.
(c) Many meetings with the architect.
(d) Various specialized tools.
9. What halts construction for five months?
(a) A terrible storm.
(b) A volcanic eruption.
(c) The winter.
(d) An earthquake.
10. _______ walls span some portions of the cathedrals.
11. The space between piers is filled with tracery. What is tracery?
(c) A stone framework with glass windows.
(d) Wood chips.
12. Finally, the new foundation for the apse and choir is _______________.
13. From where does the cut stone come?
14. As the new cathedral is to be enormous, the foundation is dug to what depth?
(a) Twenty-five feet.
(b) Two hundred feet.
(c) Twenty feet.
(d) Ten feet.
15. As the walls grow higher the workmen build what?
(a) Wooden stairs.
(b) Wooden ladders.
(c) Wooden stilts.
(d) Wooden scaffolding.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stones are marked for what purposes?
2. Why is the answer to number 39 part of the preparation?
3. Workmen reach the scaffolding by using ______________ built into the walls of the cathedral.
4. How did all this lumber and stone get to Chutreaux?
5. Does the floor plan show only the general outline?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)