|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fabricates the metal components of the tools?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The cooper.
(c) The wheelwright.
(d) The carpenter.
2. The masons place the stones while who mix and apply the mortar?
(a) The slaves.
(b) The mortar craftsmen.
(c) The mason apprentices.
(d) The laborers.
3. This typical ________ architecture technique allowed the piers to remain thin relative to their height.
4. Who leads the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The community.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The President.
(d) The King.
5. What halts construction for five months?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) The winter.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) A terrible storm.
6. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
7. How many staircases does Chutreaux have?
8. Who fabricates the wood components of the tools?
(a) The woodworkers.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The wheelwright.
(d) The cooper.
9. Eventually the chapels in the apse are finished and __________________ of the choir are nearly finished.
(a) The centerings and piers.
(b) The hurdles and piers.
(c) The centerings and butresses.
(d) The piers and buttresses.
10. Who does the master craftsman take on?
(a) Other master craftsmen.
(b) Other architects.
(c) Apprentices and assistants.
(d) The chapter.
11. What does the wall elevation show?
(a) The arcade, the stairways, the clerestory ,and the vaulting.
(b) The triforium, the centerings, the stairways, and the vaulting.
(c) The arcade, the clerestory, the vaulting, and the centerings.
(d) The arcade, the triforium, the clerestory, and the vaulting.
12. As the mortar cures what does it do?
(a) It binds the stones to each other.
(b) It binds the bricks to each other.
(c) It binds the timbers to each other.
(d) It binds the pieces of glass to each other.
13. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
14. The scaffolding holds hurdles, or ____________ made from woven sticks.
(d) Work platforms.
15. What are used to transport the materials through the city to the work site?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, the new foundation for the apse and choir is _______________.
2. What is done with the Romanesque crypt?
3. Why is the answer to number 74 hung from the top of the wall instead of rising from the ground?
4. William produces a floor plan and a wall elevation drawing. What is it based on?
5. _______________ support the stones of the flying buttress while the mortar cures.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)