Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most importantly, the stone cutters work inside ___________.
(a) Polishing the stone tracery, capitals, and sculptures.
(b) Designing the stone tracery, capitals, and sculptures.
(c) Adding mortar the the stone.
(d) Dressing stone and cutting tracery, capitals, and sculptures.
2. How many masters does William hire?
3. What else is done to this location?
(a) It is decorated.
(b) It is marked with stakes.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is smoothed.
4. Who provides the answer to number 29?
(a) The master mason.
(b) The architect.
(c) The master sculptor.
(d) The master carpenter.
5. What halts construction for five months?
(a) A volcanic eruption.
(b) The winter.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A terrible storm.
6. What is this locale equipped with?
(a) Pneumatic chisels.
(b) Restaurants and inns.
(c) Workshops and a forge.
(d) Activities for the families of the workers.
7. Each _____________ is mortared together.
(b) Piece of glass.
8. Many simple laborers perform heavy manual labor. Where are these individuals from?
(a) Other parts of France.
(b) Other countries in Europe.
(c) The surrounding countryside.
(d) The citizenry of Chutreaux.
9. What construction is the work site then prepared for?
(a) Scaffolding and centerings.
(b) Scaffolding and workshops.
(c) Workshops and a forge.
(d) Forges and centerings.
10. Pieces of cut limestone are hoisted out of the quarry. What are they cut into shape to match?
(a) The length of the wooden timbers.
(b) The stones from other cathedrals.
(c) The trim on the cathedral.
11. How long has the project taken?
(a) About one month.
(b) About two months.
(c) About four months.
(d) About three months.
12. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
13. As the various workshops begin production, what do they require?
(a) Many meetings with the architect.
(b) Some basic tools.
(c) Approval from the people of Chutreaux.
(d) Various specialized tools.
14. _____________, a row of arches and a narrow passageway, rises twenty feet.
(a) The pier.
(b) The trefoils.
(c) The triforium.
(d) The emporium.
15. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the foundation is completed what are begun?
2. What happens to the old cathedral?
3. As the walls grow higher the workmen build what?
4. The stones are marked for what purposes?
5. The masons place the stones while who mix and apply the mortar?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)