|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the walls filled with this?
(a) Some sort of insulation is needed to keep the cathdral a consistent temperature.
(b) It is very inexpensive.
(c) Concrete is stronger than stone.
(d) Solid stone walls would be too expensive.
2. The wax melts and runs out leaving a cavity in the clay. Molten _______________ is poured into the cavity and allowed to cool.
3. Soon thereafter who dies and is replaced?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The architect.
(d) The Chapter.
4. Eventually the chapels in the apse are finished and __________________ of the choir are nearly finished.
(a) The centerings and piers.
(b) The piers and buttresses.
(c) The centerings and butresses.
(d) The hurdles and piers.
5. They meet at the center of the bay in a crossing pattern and are locked together by what?
(c) A steel keystone.
(d) A specially-shaped keystone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does this transition period interrupt the work on the cathedral?
2. Simultaneously, the foundation for what is begun?
3. Huge roof timbers are ordered from __________.
4. What halts construction for five months?
5. In the twelfth century the people of Europe believed that God was ___________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)