|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1280, the choir of the cathedral is ready to receive ___________.
(a) The vaulted ceiling.
(b) The crown molding.
(c) The roof.
(d) The stained glass windows.
2. How does he die?
(a) He contracts influenza.
(b) He becomes ill with a fever.
(c) He is killed by a worker.
(d) He falls from the scaffolding of the vaults.
3. _____________, a row of arches and a narrow passageway, rises twenty feet.
(a) The pier.
(b) The triforium.
(c) The emporium.
(d) The trefoils.
4. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The nearby houses.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The various workshops.
(d) The Bishop's palace.
5. Why does work stop?
(a) The architect dies.
(b) The Bishop no longer wants the cathedral completed.
(c) The Chapter decides to cancel the project.
(d) The Chapter runs out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Various kinds of metals are added to different batches of glass to___________.
2. The roof is located above the vaulting, and consists of _____________ frames.
3. The buttresses must be built upon temporary wooden frames called ____________.
4. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
5. Most of the walls are two vertical walls with a space between that is filled with ___________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)