|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The walls are complex and consist of piers, or _________, that support the vault and roof.
2. In 1302 the glass makers begin to make the colored glass for ___________.
(a) The floor tiles.
(b) The huge cathedral windows.
(c) The skylights.
(d) The sculptures.
3. _______________ support the stones of the flying buttress while the mortar cures.
(a) The stilts.
(b) The centerings.
(c) The framers.
(d) The hurdles.
4. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The cathedral.
(b) The nearby houses.
(c) The Bishop's palace.
(d) The various workshops.
5. Each of the bays is the square area between ________ piers at the corners.
Short Answer Questions
1. All work on the cathedral stops in what year?
2. The roof is located above the vaulting, and consists of _____________ frames.
3. How did all this lumber and stone get to Chutreaux?
4. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
5. The smaller pieces are assembled into panes as large as __________ inches square, the pieces being held together by lead channels.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)