|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A unique device used for raising supplies is known as what?
(a) The great lever.
(b) The great elevator.
(c) The great lifter.
(d) The great wheel.
2. What does the wall elevation show?
(a) The arcade, the triforium, the clerestory, and the vaulting.
(b) The arcade, the stairways, the clerestory ,and the vaulting.
(c) The triforium, the centerings, the stairways, and the vaulting.
(d) The arcade, the clerestory, the vaulting, and the centerings.
3. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The nearby houses.
(b) The Bishop's palace.
(c) The various workshops.
(d) The cathedral.
4. Does the floor plan show only the general outline?
(a) No, it also shows the locations of stairs, doors, and windows, and it illustrates how the new cathedral will interface with the existing crypt.
(b) No, it also shows how the new cathedral will interface with the existing crypt.
(c) No, it also shows the location of stairs, doors, and windows.
5. Why are these wooden arches placed from pier to pier?
(a) To make the ceiling curve.
(b) To make the ceiling more aesthetically pleasing.
(c) To give the vaulted ceiling stone ribs support while the mortar cures.
(d) To give support to sculptures and light fixtures that are to hang from the vaulted ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
2. In the spring of _________ the Bishop of Chutreaux blesses the first foundation stone and it is lowered into the excavated foundations.
3. The foundation is built to ___________ standards.
4. The flying buttresses of the choir are completed and the centerings are readied for ___________.
5. What happens to the old cathedral?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)