|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What construction is the work site then prepared for?
(a) Forges and centerings.
(b) Workshops and a forge.
(c) Scaffolding and workshops.
(d) Scaffolding and centerings.
2. As the mortar cures what does it do?
(a) It binds the bricks to each other.
(b) It binds the stones to each other.
(c) It binds the timbers to each other.
(d) It binds the pieces of glass to each other.
3. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
4. The moldings and capitals are also finished and stone slabs are laid on the floor in what pattern?
5. What are these down spouts called?
Short Answer Questions
1. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
2. The cathedral's three huge doors are built--the center door is almost _____________ feet high.
3. The glass makers then take a molten lump of glass on the end of a large hollow pipe and do what with it?
4. _______________ support the stones of the flying buttress while the mortar cures.
5. Pieces of cut limestone are hoisted out of the quarry. What are they cut into shape to match?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)