|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else is done to this location?
(a) It is smoothed.
(b) It is marked with stakes.
(c) It is decorated.
(d) It is destroyed.
2. Many simple laborers perform heavy manual labor. Where are these individuals from?
(a) The surrounding countryside.
(b) Other parts of France.
(c) The citizenry of Chutreaux.
(d) Other countries in Europe.
3. Why do the people of Chutreaux decide to honor God by building a new cathedral?
(a) Because God has asked them to build him a cathedral.
(b) Because of a prolonger period of financial strain.
(c) Because of many deadly bouts Black Plague.
(d) Because of a prolonged period of financial prosperity and freedom from such things as the plague and famine.
4. What is the purpose of this pattern?
(a) It was symbolic of the connection between man and God.
(b) It was symbolic of Jesus as the fisher of men.
(c) It was symbolic of making a long pilgrimage to the cathedral in search of God's favor.
(d) It was symbolic of the star over Bethlehem.
5. The wax is then coated in ___________.
(c) More clay and plaster of Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
2. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
3. Where are most of these skilled workers drawn from?
4. How long has the project taken?
5. How many years has it been since construction began?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)