|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The various workshops.
(b) The Bishop's palace.
(c) The nearby houses.
(d) The cathedral.
2. Who replaces William of Planz?
(a) Robert of Normandy.
(b) Robert of Burgundy.
(c) Robert of Cormont.
(d) Robert of Vane.
3. _____________ later laborers in Chutreaux begin to clear the site of the new cathedral.
(a) One week.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Several months.
4. Once the foundation is completed what are begun?
(a) The walls.
(b) The floor tiles.
(c) The sculptures.
(d) The Pews.
5. Construction continues through ________ when the transept and most of its vaulting is completed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the site is cleared, the location of what are surveyed?
2. The ribs themselves carry the weight of __________, or ceiling stones.
3. After _______ more years of labor the walls of the choir and aisle are completed and work begins on the cathedral roof.
4. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
5. ______________, stone tracery and sixty-foot high windows, rises sixty feet for a total vertical rise of 160 feet.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)