|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hoists the materials out of the boats?
2. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
3. Who fabricates the wood components of the tools?
(a) The woodworkers.
(b) The cooper.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The wheelwright.
4. _______________ support the stones of the flying buttress while the mortar cures.
(a) The centerings.
(b) The hurdles.
(c) The framers.
(d) The stilts.
5. Who controls funds in the church in Chutreaux?
(a) A group of master craftsmen.
(b) The people of Chutreaux.
(c) A group of clergymen known as the chapter.
(d) The King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did all this lumber and stone get to Chutreaux?
2. This typical ________ architecture technique allowed the piers to remain thin relative to their height.
3. A unique device used for raising supplies is known as what?
4. Huge sheets of roofing ________ are made on the ground and then hoisted into place.
5. The vaulted ceiling is built _________ feet above the foundation.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)