|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many simple laborers perform heavy manual labor. Where are these individuals from?
(a) The surrounding countryside.
(b) Other countries in Europe.
(c) The citizenry of Chutreaux.
(d) Other parts of France.
2. What happens to a portion of the Bishop's palace?
(a) It is remodeled.
(b) It is demolished.
(c) It is altered.
(d) It is attached to the new cathedral.
3. Eventually the chapels in the apse are finished and __________________ of the choir are nearly finished.
(a) The centerings and butresses.
(b) The centerings and piers.
(c) The hurdles and piers.
(d) The piers and buttresses.
4. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
5. These buttresses look like ___________.
(b) Drain pipes.
(c) Large columns.
(d) Large monsters.
Short Answer Questions
1. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
2. The vault and ceiling put what on the piers and walls?
3. Are these drawings approved?
4. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
5. During this time the new stonework and new in-place mortar are covered with what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)