|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The walls of the choir are constructed in how many phases?
2. In the spring of _________ the Bishop of Chutreaux blesses the first foundation stone and it is lowered into the excavated foundations.
3. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
4. Eventually the chapels in the apse are finished and __________________ of the choir are nearly finished.
(a) The centerings and butresses.
(b) The centerings and piers.
(c) The hurdles and piers.
(d) The piers and buttresses.
5. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The Bishop's palace.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The nearby houses.
(d) The various workshops.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the mortar cures what does it do?
2. Who controls funds in the church in Chutreaux?
3. The space between piers is filled with tracery. What is tracery?
4. William produces a floor plan and a wall elevation drawing. What is it based on?
5. Who fabricates the wood components of the tools?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)