|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This typical ________ architecture technique allowed the piers to remain thin relative to their height.
2. Once the mortar cures, what happens?
(a) The centerings are removed.
(b) The hurdles are removed.
(c) The framers are removed.
(d) The stilts are removed.
3. How did all this lumber and stone get to Chutreaux?
(a) By wagon along a dirt path.
(b) By ships sailing through the ocean.
(c) By train through the countryside.
(d) By ships sailing up the river.
4. The walls of the choir are constructed in how many phases?
5. What happens to a portion of the Bishop's palace?
(a) It is demolished.
(b) It is remodeled.
(c) It is altered.
(d) It is attached to the new cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each master craftsman then establish?
2. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
3. As the walls grow higher the workmen build what?
4. To whom are the drawings presented?
5. What happens to the old cathedral?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)