|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the foundation is completed what are begun?
(a) The floor tiles.
(b) The sculptures.
(c) The Pews.
(d) The walls.
2. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
3. Once the mortar cures, what happens?
(a) The centerings are removed.
(b) The stilts are removed.
(c) The framers are removed.
(d) The hurdles are removed.
4. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
(a) The cathedral.
(b) The Bishop's palace.
(c) The nearby houses.
(d) The various workshops.
5. As always, what interrupts most of the work for about five months?
(b) Volcanic eruptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many masters does William hire?
2. _______________ support the stones of the flying buttress while the mortar cures.
3. Why is the answer to number 74 hung from the top of the wall instead of rising from the ground?
4. Most of the walls are two vertical walls with a space between that is filled with ___________.
5. Why is the answer to number 39 part of the preparation?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)