|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These buttresses look like ___________.
(a) Large monsters.
(c) Large columns.
(d) Drain pipes.
2. What is this locale equipped with?
(a) Workshops and a forge.
(b) Pneumatic chisels.
(c) Activities for the families of the workers.
(d) Restaurants and inns.
3. ______________, stone tracery and sixty-foot high windows, rises sixty feet for a total vertical rise of 160 feet.
(a) The triforium.
(b) The sanctuary.
(c) The clerestory.
(d) The aisle.
4. From where does the cut stone come?
5. During this time the new stonework and new in-place mortar are covered with what?
(d) A matting of straw and dung.
Short Answer Questions
1. The vault and ceiling put what on the piers and walls?
2. The arcade of piers rises how far from the foundation?
3. Who does the master craftsman take on?
4. How many masters does William hire?
5. William has much experience working on other cathedrals in _______________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)