|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the mortar cures what does it do?
(a) It binds the pieces of glass to each other.
(b) It binds the stones to each other.
(c) It binds the timbers to each other.
(d) It binds the bricks to each other.
2. Finally, the new foundation for the apse and choir is _______________.
3. At this time the cathedral has been under construction for how many years?
(a) Eighty years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Twenty-eight years.
(d) Eighteen years.
4. Who is William responsible for hiring?
(a) The members of the chapter.
(b) The peasants who do hard labor on the project.
(c) The master craftsmen who work under him.
(d) The apprentices who work under him.
5. What does the wall elevation show?
(a) The triforium, the centerings, the stairways, and the vaulting.
(b) The arcade, the stairways, the clerestory ,and the vaulting.
(c) The arcade, the clerestory, the vaulting, and the centerings.
(d) The arcade, the triforium, the clerestory, and the vaulting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many staircases does Chutreaux have?
2. What else is done to this location?
3. The space between piers is filled with tracery. What is tracery?
4. This technique also allowed for more space for ___________.
5. Huge roof timbers are ordered from __________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)