|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What construction is the work site then prepared for?
(a) Scaffolding and workshops.
(b) Forges and centerings.
(c) Workshops and a forge.
(d) Scaffolding and centerings.
2. What do the various dashed lines between the piers on the floor plan show?
(a) The ribs of the vaulted ceiling.
(b) The stairs.
(c) The location of windows.
(d) The pattern of the brick.
3. How long has the project taken?
(a) About two months.
(b) About one month.
(c) About three months.
(d) About four months.
4. What kind of tools do the stone cutter's workshop and the carpenter's workshop require?
(a) The most specialized.
(b) Very few.
5. Does the floor plan show only the general outline?
(a) No, it also shows the locations of stairs, doors, and windows, and it illustrates how the new cathedral will interface with the existing crypt.
(b) No, it also shows the location of stairs, doors, and windows.
(d) No, it also shows how the new cathedral will interface with the existing crypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
2. _____________ later laborers in Chutreaux begin to clear the site of the new cathedral.
3. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
4. Who provides the answer to number 29?
5. As the new cathedral is to be enormous, the foundation is dug to what depth?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)