|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the twelfth century the people of Europe believed that God was ___________.
(a) Not important.
(b) Somewhat important.
(c) The most important force in their lives.
(d) Very important.
2. Pieces of cut limestone are hoisted out of the quarry. What are they cut into shape to match?
(a) The stones from other cathedrals.
(b) The length of the wooden timbers.
(d) The trim on the cathedral.
3. What kind of tools do the stone cutter's workshop and the carpenter's workshop require?
(a) The most specialized.
(c) Very few.
4. The stones are marked for what purposes?
(a) To decorate the stone.
(b) Tracking and remuneration.
(c) To know where they will go.
(d) To know how much the carpenter is owed for his work.
5. How long has the project taken?
(a) About three months.
(b) About two months.
(c) About one month.
(d) About four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Chutreaux, France a real place?
2. Who does the master craftsman take on?
3. Who is William responsible for hiring?
4. What is done with the Romanesque crypt?
5. Why is the answer to number 39 part of the preparation?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)