|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William has much experience working on other cathedrals in _______________________.
(a) France, Germany, and Sweden.
(b) France, England, and Germany.
(c) France, Brussels, and Italy.
(d) France, Italy, and England.
2. In the twelfth century the people of Europe believed that God was ___________.
(a) Very important.
(b) Somewhat important.
(c) The most important force in their lives.
(d) Not important.
3. Who provides the answer to number 29?
(a) The master mason.
(b) The master carpenter.
(c) The architect.
(d) The master sculptor.
4. The cut lumber is transported ___________ miles.
(a) Very few.
(d) Thousands of.
5. The stones are marked for what purposes?
(a) Tracking and remuneration.
(b) To decorate the stone.
(c) To know how much the carpenter is owed for his work.
(d) To know where they will go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many simple laborers perform heavy manual labor. Where are these individuals from?
2. Once the site is cleared, the location of what are surveyed?
3. Why do the people of Chutreaux decide to honor God by building a new cathedral?
4. As the various workshops begin production, what do they require?
5. What kind of tools do the stone cutter's workshop and the carpenter's workshop require?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)