|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
2. Why is the answer to number 39 part of the preparation?
(a) To aid in the raising of walls.
(b) To aid in the construction of the roof.
(c) To produce tools and nails.
(d) To produce tools and scaffolding.
3. Once the site is cleared, the location of what are surveyed?
(a) The sanctuary and Bishop's palace.
(b) The fellowship hall and choir.
(c) The altar and aisle.
(d) The apse and choir.
4. How is the cut lumber transported to Chutreaux?
(a) By air.
(b) By land.
(c) By water.
(d) By car.
5. To whom are the drawings presented?
(a) The Chapter.
(b) The king.
(c) The Bishop and the Chapter.
(d) The townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the twelfth century the people of Europe believed that God was ___________.
2. What does the wall elevation show?
3. What is done with the Romanesque crypt?
4. What do the various dashed lines between the piers on the floor plan show?
5. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)