|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the old cathedral?
(a) It is not touched.
(b) It is moved.
(c) It is altered.
(d) It is demolished.
2. Who is William responsible for hiring?
(a) The apprentices who work under him.
(b) The members of the chapter.
(c) The peasants who do hard labor on the project.
(d) The master craftsmen who work under him.
3. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
4. Who fabricates the metal components of the tools?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The cooper.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) The wheelwright.
5. Once the design has been approved the master carpenter takes about ___________ men into the forest of Chantilly and cuts timber.
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Twenty thousand.
(d) Two hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ later laborers in Chutreaux begin to clear the site of the new cathedral.
2. Is Chutreaux, France a real place?
3. Why is the answer to number 39 part of the preparation?
4. What happens to a portion of the Bishop's palace?
5. The stones are marked for what purposes?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)