|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many simple laborers perform heavy manual labor. Where are these individuals from?
(a) Other parts of France.
(b) Other countries in Europe.
(c) The citizenry of Chutreaux.
(d) The surrounding countryside.
2. The stones are marked for what purposes?
(a) To know where they will go.
(b) To decorate the stone.
(c) To know how much the carpenter is owed for his work.
(d) Tracking and remuneration.
3. What else is done to this location?
(a) It is decorated.
(b) It is smoothed.
(c) It is marked with stakes.
(d) It is destroyed.
4. What happens to the old cathedral?
(a) It is not touched.
(b) It is altered.
(c) It is moved.
(d) It is demolished.
5. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tools do the stone cutter's workshop and the carpenter's workshop require?
2. Where do they cut limestone?
3. Once the design has been approved the master carpenter takes about ___________ men into the forest of Chantilly and cuts timber.
4. Who is William responsible for hiring?
5. Why are many houses demolished?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)