|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who controls funds in the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The people of Chutreaux.
(c) A group of master craftsmen.
(d) A group of clergymen known as the chapter.
2. Where do they cut limestone?
(a) In the town of Chutreaux.
(b) In the Somme valley.
(c) In the forest outside Chutreaux.
(d) In Paris.
3. _____________ later laborers in Chutreaux begin to clear the site of the new cathedral.
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several weeks.
4. To whom are the drawings presented?
(a) The Chapter.
(b) The king.
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The Bishop and the Chapter.
5. Why are many houses demolished?
(a) The new cathedral is much larger than the old one.
(b) The new cathedral is in a different style from these homes.
(c) The houses are not pleasing to the eye.
(d) The owners have not paid their mortgages.
Short Answer Questions
1. The master quarryman supervises about ____________ men cutting limestone.
2. Once the design has been approved the master carpenter takes about ___________ men into the forest of Chantilly and cuts timber.
3. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
4. To date, over how many men have been involved in this project?
5. Why is the answer to number 39 part of the preparation?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)