|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a portion of the Bishop's palace?
(a) It is attached to the new cathedral.
(b) It is demolished.
(c) It is altered.
(d) It is remodeled.
2. Is Chutreaux, France a real place?
(b) Yes, but it is actually in England.
(c) Yes, but it was destroyed many centuries ago.
3. What does the wall elevation show?
(a) The arcade, the stairways, the clerestory ,and the vaulting.
(b) The arcade, the clerestory, the vaulting, and the centerings.
(c) The triforium, the centerings, the stairways, and the vaulting.
(d) The arcade, the triforium, the clerestory, and the vaulting.
4. The complex series of foundation excavations are executed according to ___________.
(a) The architect's plans.
(b) The spray painted lines on the ground.
(c) The stone mason's opinion.
(d) The surveying stakes.
5. Pieces of cut limestone are hoisted out of the quarry. What are they cut into shape to match?
(a) The length of the wooden timbers.
(b) The trim on the cathedral.
(c) The stones from other cathedrals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fabricates the metal components of the tools?
2. The cut lumber is transported ___________ miles.
3. Are these drawings approved?
4. What kind of tools do the stone cutter's workshop and the carpenter's workshop require?
5. The master quarryman supervises about ____________ men cutting limestone.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)