|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ walls span some portions of the cathedrals.
2. How many staircases does Chutreaux have?
3. Soon thereafter who dies and is replaced?
(a) The architect.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Chapter.
(d) The Pope.
4. Does the floor plan show only the general outline?
(b) No, it also shows the location of stairs, doors, and windows.
(c) No, it also shows the locations of stairs, doors, and windows, and it illustrates how the new cathedral will interface with the existing crypt.
(d) No, it also shows how the new cathedral will interface with the existing crypt.
5. What is the purpose of this pattern?
(a) It was symbolic of the connection between man and God.
(b) It was symbolic of the star over Bethlehem.
(c) It was symbolic of making a long pilgrimage to the cathedral in search of God's favor.
(d) It was symbolic of Jesus as the fisher of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the windows are being installed the underside of the vaulted ceiling is ____________.
2. The buttresses must be built upon temporary wooden frames called ____________.
3. What construction is the work site then prepared for?
4. What are used to transport the materials through the city to the work site?
5. The walls are complex and consist of piers, or _________, that support the vault and roof.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)