|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the mortar cures, what happens?
(a) The stilts are removed.
(b) The framers are removed.
(c) The hurdles are removed.
(d) The centerings are removed.
2. The buttresses must be built upon temporary wooden frames called ____________.
3. Sadly, in 1329 who dies?
(a) A member of the Chapter.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Robert of Cormont.
4. From where did much of the new lumber come?
5. Various kinds of metals are added to different batches of glass to___________.
(a) Color the glass.
(b) Seal the glass.
(c) Distort the glass.
(d) Strengthen the glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1302 the glass makers begin to make the colored glass for ___________.
2. _____________ later laborers in Chutreaux begin to clear the site of the new cathedral.
3. It is then cut into shape using a tool called ________ iron.
4. Who is William responsible for hiring?
5. Does this transition period interrupt the work on the cathedral?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)