|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1280, how long has it been since construction started?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Twenty-eight years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Thirty-eight years.
2. In the spring of _________ the Bishop of Chutreaux blesses the first foundation stone and it is lowered into the excavated foundations.
3. The wax melts and runs out leaving a cavity in the clay. Molten _______________ is poured into the cavity and allowed to cool.
4. The space between piers is filled with tracery. What is tracery?
(a) A stone framework with glass windows.
(b) Wood chips.
5. As the men walk so the axle turns and winds up ________, lifting very heavy loads from the floor.
(a) A leather strap.
(b) The rope.
(c) Very tight.
(d) The wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1281 who dies?
2. Historically, did many such work stoppages occur in cathedral building?
3. The roof timbers are thickly coated in ___________.
4. Who provides the answer to number 29?
5. Many simple laborers perform heavy manual labor. Where are these individuals from?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)