|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________, a row of arches and a narrow passageway, rises twenty feet.
(a) The trefoils.
(b) The triforium.
(c) The emporium.
(d) The pier.
2. In most respects, what are the two drawings typical of?
3. What happens to the old cathedral?
(a) It is demolished.
(b) It is not touched.
(c) It is moved.
(d) It is altered.
4. Who fabricates the metal components of the tools?
(a) The carpenter.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The cooper.
(d) The wheelwright.
5. As the walls grow higher the workmen build what?
(a) Wooden stilts.
(b) Wooden ladders.
(c) Wooden stairs.
(d) Wooden scaffolding.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did much of the new lumber come?
2. How long has the project taken?
3. The walls are complex and consist of piers, or _________, that support the vault and roof.
4. What halts construction for five months?
5. After _______ more years of labor the walls of the choir and aisle are completed and work begins on the cathedral roof.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)