|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Chutreaux, France a real place?
(b) Yes, but it was destroyed many centuries ago.
(d) Yes, but it is actually in England.
2. Where are most of these skilled workers drawn from?
(a) Around the world.
(b) Other countries.
(c) Neighboring kingdoms.
(d) The citizenry of Chutreaux.
3. The outward buckling force is then transferred from the piers and walls to the buttresses by arches known as ___________.
(a) Singing buttresses.
(b) Sailing buttresses.
(c) Flinging buttresses.
(d) Flying buttresses.
4. Where do they cut limestone?
(a) In the forest outside Chutreaux.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In the Somme valley.
(d) In the town of Chutreaux.
5. Once the site is cleared, the location of what are surveyed?
(a) The fellowship hall and choir.
(b) The altar and aisle.
(c) The sanctuary and Bishop's palace.
(d) The apse and choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. The masons place the stones while who mix and apply the mortar?
2. In the spring of _________ the Bishop of Chutreaux blesses the first foundation stone and it is lowered into the excavated foundations.
3. These buttresses look like ___________.
4. How did all this lumber and stone get to Chutreaux?
5. The vault and ceiling put what on the piers and walls?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)