|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the year, William of Planz decides ___________.
(a) He is too ill to continue working.
(b) He is no longer interested in this building project.
(c) He is too old to continue working.
(d) He wants to change part of the design.
2. What is this locale equipped with?
(a) Pneumatic chisels.
(b) Restaurants and inns.
(c) Activities for the families of the workers.
(d) Workshops and a forge.
3. Are these drawings approved?
(a) Not at first.
(c) Not without many adjustments.
4. The buttresses must be built upon temporary wooden frames called ____________.
5. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the men walk so the axle turns and winds up ________, lifting very heavy loads from the floor.
2. What does each master craftsman then establish?
3. How many years has it been since construction began?
4. This unique device is essentially a man-sized __________ that is operated by one or two men who walk around the inside of it.
5. They meet at the center of the bay in a crossing pattern and are locked together by what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)