|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cut lumber is transported ___________ miles.
(c) Thousands of.
(d) Very few.
2. The flying buttresses of the choir are completed and the centerings are readied for ___________.
(c) Crown molding.
(d) The first stones of the vaulted ceilings.
3. The stones are marked for what purposes?
(a) To know how much the carpenter is owed for his work.
(b) To decorate the stone.
(c) Tracking and remuneration.
(d) To know where they will go.
4. Once the foundation is completed what are begun?
(a) The sculptures.
(b) The floor tiles.
(c) The walls.
(d) The Pews.
5. Why are the new stonework and mortar covered in this?
(a) To make them more appealing.
(b) To keep them from falling down.
(c) To keep them from cracking in the cold.
(d) To decorate them.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the cut stone come?
2. Who replaces William of Planz?
3. William has much experience working on other cathedrals in _______________________.
4. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
5. The piers of the choir of Chutreaux will be ________ feet high and six to eight feet thick.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)