|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the various workshops begin production, what do they require?
(a) Various specialized tools.
(b) Approval from the people of Chutreaux.
(c) Many meetings with the architect.
(d) Some basic tools.
2. Who is William responsible for hiring?
(a) The members of the chapter.
(b) The apprentices who work under him.
(c) The master craftsmen who work under him.
(d) The peasants who do hard labor on the project.
3. The vault and ceiling put what on the piers and walls?
(a) A lateral strain.
(b) An upward strain.
(c) A downward strain.
(d) A horizontal strain.
4. The foundation for the apse and choir is completed after about how many months of work?
5. The piers of the choir of Chutreaux will be ________ feet high and six to eight feet thick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done with the Romanesque crypt?
2. Construction continues through ________ when the transept and most of its vaulting is completed.
3. The masons place the stones while who mix and apply the mortar?
4. The roof timbers are thickly coated in ___________.
5. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)