|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is William responsible for hiring?
(a) The apprentices who work under him.
(b) The master craftsmen who work under him.
(c) The peasants who do hard labor on the project.
(d) The members of the chapter.
2. _______ walls span some portions of the cathedrals.
3. Who leads the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The President.
(c) The King.
(d) The community.
4. A unique device used for raising supplies is known as what?
(a) The great lever.
(b) The great wheel.
(c) The great lifter.
(d) The great elevator.
5. What halts construction for five months?
(a) A terrible storm.
(b) The winter.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else is done to this location?
2. The cut lumber is transported ___________ miles.
3. By this time some work continues inside ___________.
4. Why is the answer to number 74 hung from the top of the wall instead of rising from the ground?
5. In 1280, the choir of the cathedral is ready to receive ___________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)