|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the new cathedral is to be enormous, the foundation is dug to what depth?
(a) Two hundred feet.
(b) Twenty-five feet.
(c) Ten feet.
(d) Twenty feet.
2. How long has the project taken?
(a) About four months.
(b) About two months.
(c) About one month.
(d) About three months.
3. From where did much of the new lumber come?
4. __________ drain pipes are located around the roof and lead to stone gutters across the flying buttresses.
5. Who fabricates the wood components of the tools?
(a) The cooper.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The wheelwright.
(d) The woodworkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. William produces a floor plan and a wall elevation drawing. What is it based on?
2. Simultaneously, the foundation for what is begun?
3. The space between piers is filled with tracery. What is tracery?
4. In the spring of _________ the Bishop of Chutreaux blesses the first foundation stone and it is lowered into the excavated foundations.
5. Once the design has been approved the master carpenter takes about ___________ men into the forest of Chantilly and cuts timber.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)