|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1280, the choir of the cathedral is ready to receive ___________.
(a) The vaulted ceiling.
(b) The stained glass windows.
(c) The crown molding.
(d) The roof.
2. Pieces of cut limestone are hoisted out of the quarry. What are they cut into shape to match?
(b) The stones from other cathedrals.
(c) The length of the wooden timbers.
(d) The trim on the cathedral.
3. What else is done to this location?
(a) It is destroyed.
(b) It is marked with stakes.
(c) It is decorated.
(d) It is smoothed.
4. Are these drawings approved?
(c) Not without many adjustments.
(d) Not at first.
5. Who fabricates the wood components of the tools?
(a) The woodworkers.
(b) The cooper.
(c) The wheelwright.
(d) The blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the twelfth century the people of Europe believed that God was ___________.
2. How long has the project taken?
3. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
4. Who does the master craftsman take on?
5. How many staircases does Chutreaux have?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)