|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The piers of the choir of Chutreaux will be ________ feet high and six to eight feet thick.
2. What is this locale equipped with?
(a) Pneumatic chisels.
(b) Workshops and a forge.
(c) Restaurants and inns.
(d) Activities for the families of the workers.
3. The space between piers is filled with tracery. What is tracery?
(b) A stone framework with glass windows.
(c) Wood chips.
4. William has much experience working on other cathedrals in _______________________.
(a) France, England, and Germany.
(b) France, Germany, and Sweden.
(c) France, Italy, and England.
(d) France, Brussels, and Italy.
5. The scaffolding holds hurdles, or ____________ made from woven sticks.
(b) Work platforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are used to transport the materials through the city to the work site?
2. The outward buckling force is then transferred from the piers and walls to the buttresses by arches known as ___________.
3. _____________, a row of arches and a narrow passageway, rises twenty feet.
4. Each of the bays is the square area between ________ piers at the corners.
5. What happens to the old cathedral?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)