|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the project taken?
(a) About two months.
(b) About four months.
(c) About three months.
(d) About one month.
2. Where do they cut limestone?
(a) In the Somme valley.
(b) In the forest outside Chutreaux.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In the town of Chutreaux.
3. Why are the roof timbers coated in this?
(a) To prevent them from buckling.
(b) To prevent them from rotting.
(c) To prevent them from falling down.
(d) To prevent them from catching on fire.
4. The flying buttresses work by transferring downward forces from the walls to ___________.
(a) The hurdles.
(b) The piers.
(c) The centerings.
(d) The buttresses.
5. As the men walk so the axle turns and winds up ________, lifting very heavy loads from the floor.
(a) Very tight.
(b) The wall.
(c) The rope.
(d) A leather strap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, the new foundation for the apse and choir is _______________.
2. A unique device used for raising supplies is known as what?
3. The construction of the roof continues as the frames are set up with ___________.
4. What do the various dashed lines between the piers on the floor plan show?
5. In the spring of _________ the Bishop of Chutreaux blesses the first foundation stone and it is lowered into the excavated foundations.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)