Pages 1 - 20
1. Who leads the church in Chutreaux?
(a) The King.
(b) The community.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The President.
2. Who controls funds in the church in Chutreaux?
(a) A group of clergymen known as the chapter.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The people of Chutreaux.
(d) A group of master craftsmen.
3. The chapter hires a ___________ architect named William of Planz.
4. William has much experience working on other cathedrals in _______________________.
(a) France, Italy, and England.
(b) France, Germany, and Sweden.
(c) France, England, and Germany.
(d) France, Brussels, and Italy.
5. Who is William responsible for hiring?
(a) The apprentices who work under him.
(b) The peasants who do hard labor on the project.
(c) The master craftsmen who work under him.
(d) The members of the chapter.
6. How many masters does William hire?
7. What does each master craftsman then establish?
(a) A reputation.
(b) A workshop for their respective trade.
(c) A place to live during the building of the cathedral.
(d) A workshop for all the trades involved.
This section contains 3,919 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)