|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says she won't do what Miss Desjardin says?
2. Where does Sue Snell go at the opening of this section?
3. When Carrie's mother screams and tears out her flesh, what happens?
4. What does Margret White call women's breasts?
5. What does Carrie do when she gets mad at her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chris do when she leaves the prom decorating party?
2. What does Chris decide after seeing the list of names for possible king and queen of the prom?
3. What did Carrie's father take to work with him and where is he?
4. What happens at school in gym class when Carrie is seventeen?
5. What worries Sue when she is helping to decorate for the prom?
6. What does Sue Snell realize when the gym teacher comes in? What does the teacher do?
7. How does Sue feel about what she told Chris?
8. What does Billy Nolan do to prepare for prom night?
9. What does Carrie do to a small boy while walking home and what does she discover about herself?
10. How does Carrie respond to the girls in gym class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Chris Hagensen to Billy Nolan.
2. Compare/contrast the relationship of Chris and Billy to that of Sue and Tommy.
3. Compare/contrast the type of "community" in which Carrie lives to your own.
Essay Topic 2
Most of the people involved with prom realize that Chris Hargensen is most likely going to try and do something at prom to ruin the event for everyone else, but no one says anything to her.
1. Discuss, in depth, the dynamics of a school's social atmosphere that might keep anyone from talking to Chris about her plans for the prom. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Discuss, in depth, who is more responsible for what happened in Chamberlain, Chris Hargensen or Carrie. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Although Chris wants to specifically embarrass Carrie, Billy doesn't care who is standing under the buckets. Explain what you think motivates someone like Billy to do what he did. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Parents usually hope for the best but often make mistakes.
1. From what has been introduced in the early part of CARRIE, do you think Margret is a good mother? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Why do you think Margret's behavior might have pushed Carrie to do what she did? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Discuss, in depth, this statement: Chris Hargensen's parents were partially responsible for what happened in Chamberlain. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)