|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the boy who shouts at Carrie?
(a) He topples off his bike.
(b) He explodes.
(c) He turns blue.
2. Why is Carrie embarrassed?
(a) Because she overhears Tommy ask Sue to the prom and he says something off color.
(b) Because when Tommy asks Chris to the prom, Chris tells him to ask Carrie the witch.
(c) She is not embarrassed, just confused.
(d) Because Tommy asks her to the prom.
3. What prayer does Margret recite?
(a) The Prayer of St. Francis.
(b) The Lord's prayer.
(c) The prayer of exorcism.
(d) The 23rd psalm.
4. What does Sue Snell believe is Chris Hargensen's main goal?
(a) The destruction of Carrie White.
(b) Ruining Sue's reputation.
(c) Breaking up Tommy and Sue.
(d) Sneaking into the prom.
5. What did Carrie's father carry to work every day?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A .38 revolver.
(d) The Koran.
6. What does Carrie ask a teenage neighbor about when Carrie is younger?
(a) About her breasts.
(b) Why she wants to be tan.
(c) If her nose is real.
(d) If her mother was real.
7. What does Sue Snell tell Tommy Ross?
(a) The answers to the algebra final.
(b) About her dress for the upcoming prom.
(c) About what she does to Carrie in gym class.
(d) That she is pregnant.
8. Where does Miss Desjardin take Carrie?
(a) Mr. Morton's office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) To the bus station.
(d) The school clinic.
9. What does Tommy tell Sue?
(a) That he won't do what she asks.
(b) That she is crazy.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That Chris is a witch and he won't ask her to the prom.
10. What does Billy put on ice?
(c) Two buckets of blood.
(d) The meaet he buys at the grocery store.
11. Who is going to get an awful surprise at the prom?
(a) No one.
(b) The teachers.
(c) The attendees.
(d) Sue and the other girls who accepted their punishment.
12. Who says she won't do what Miss Desjardin says?
(a) No one.
(b) Andrea Fox.
(c) Chris Hargensen.
(d) Sue Snell.
13. Why is Carrie angry?
(a) That her mother did not tell her about a girl's menstrual cycle.
(b) That she had to come home.
(c) That she missed a final in algebra.
(d) That the girls threw tampons at her.
14. What do the girls do when they see Carrie with blood running down her legs?
(a) Throw her a tampon.
(c) Go and get the teacher.
15. How is Carrie treated at home?
(a) She is ignored.
(b) She is treated normally.
(c) She is abused.
(d) She is adored and spoiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carrie alone at home?
2. What is Carrie doing at the end of gym class that begins the plot of the story?
3. Why is Mr. Morton shocked?
4. What does Chris Hargensen tell her friend?
5. What does Carrie do when she gets mad at her mother?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)