|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a little boy on a bike call Carrie as she is walking home?
(b) Fart face.
(c) Pimple face.
(d) Zit face.
2. What does Chris Hargensen tell her friend?
(a) That she is going to get back at Carrie.
(b) That she is going to do something awful to the people at the prom.
(c) That she is sorry she did not accept her punishment.
(d) That she is going to slash the Principal's tires.
3. To what school has Chris Hargensen been accepted?
(a) A fairly unknown liberal arts college.
(b) A community college.
(c) A very prestigious college.
(d) She has not yet been accepted to college.
4. What does Margret White call women's breasts?
(a) Dirty pillows.
(b) The twin peaks of hell.
(c) Sinful mounds.
(d) Nothing; she won't mention such things.
5. Why is Carrie alone at home?
(a) Her mother is at work.
(b) Her parents went to town.
(c) Her mother is dead.
(d) Her mother is out preaching on the street corner.
6. Why is Carrie embarrassed?
(a) Because when Tommy asks Chris to the prom, Chris tells him to ask Carrie the witch.
(b) Because Tommy asks her to the prom.
(c) Because she overhears Tommy ask Sue to the prom and he says something off color.
(d) She is not embarrassed, just confused.
7. What is Carrie White doing in her room?
(b) Practicing her abilities.
8. What else disconcerts Mr. Morton?
(a) That Carrie's mom is unwilling to come pick up Carrie.
(b) That Carrie's mother did not explain about menstrual cycles.
(c) That Miss Desjardin knows he is married.
(d) That the other girls were so mean to Carrie.
9. When does Carrie's father die?
(a) When Carrie is 14.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) Shortly after Carrie is born.
(d) When Carrie is 10.
10. What does Carrie lift that crashes down immediately?
(a) The dresser.
(b) The bed with her sitting on it.
(c) The television.
(d) Her dog.
11. Why does Sue tell Chris that she accepted her punishment?
(a) Because she did not want something to go on her record.
(b) Her parents made her do so.
(c) Because she wanted to irritate Chris.
(d) Because she had earned it.
12. What does Carrie ask a teenage neighbor about when Carrie is younger?
(a) Why she wants to be tan.
(b) If her nose is real.
(c) If her mother was real.
(d) About her breasts.
13. What does Carrie's menstrual cycle initiate?
(a) Carrie leaving home.
(b) The girls accepting Carrie.
(c) Carrie's hidden abilities.
(d) Carrie going into a catatonic state.
14. Why does Sue cry?
(a) Her boyfriend breaks up with her.
(b) She is disappointed in herself.
(c) She falls and breaks her little finger.
(d) Carrie confronts her about the other day.
15. Why does Miss Desjardin slap Carrie?
(a) Because Carrie slaps another girl.
(b) Because Carrie swears at Miss Desjardin.
(c) She has never liked Carrie.
(d) To get Carrie under control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carrie become hysterical in gym class?
2. What does Margret think about sex?
3. What is the real reason Sue accepted her punishment?
4. What happens to the bathroom lights?
5. What happens the year Carrie is born?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)