|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie's mother say when she says she is going to the prom?
(a) That Carrie better be home by eleven.
(b) That she is thrilled.
(c) That Carrie cannot go.
(d) That she will accompany Carrie.
2. Why is Carrie angry?
(a) That the girls threw tampons at her.
(b) That her mother did not tell her about a girl's menstrual cycle.
(c) That she had to come home.
(d) That she missed a final in algebra.
3. Why is Carrie embarrassed?
(a) Because Tommy asks her to the prom.
(b) Because she overhears Tommy ask Sue to the prom and he says something off color.
(c) She is not embarrassed, just confused.
(d) Because when Tommy asks Chris to the prom, Chris tells him to ask Carrie the witch.
4. How is Carrie treated at home?
(a) She is ignored.
(b) She is treated normally.
(c) She is adored and spoiled.
(d) She is abused.
5. What does Billy do?
(a) Kills some pigs.
(b) Buys some bloody meet at the grocery.
(c) Kills a deer at the quarry.
(d) Calls Carrie.
6. When does Carrie's father die?
(a) When Carrie is 14.
(b) Shortly after Carrie is born.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) When Carrie is 10.
7. What do the others think Chris is whispering?
(a) A surprise decorating idea that will be really neat.
(b) They do not care.
(c) Nothing good.
(d) A joke since the other girl laughs.
8. What happens to the boy who shouts at Carrie?
(b) He turns blue.
(c) He explodes.
(d) He topples off his bike.
9. For what is Chris angry at Sue?
(a) For not sharing her answers in the history final.
(b) For saying something nice to Carrie.
(c) She is not angry at Sue.
(d) For not refusing detention like Chris does.
10. Who comes in and whispers to someone on the decorating committee?
(a) Billy Nolan.
(c) Miss Desjardin.
(d) Chris Hargensen.
11. What does Sue Snell suddenly realize?
(a) That Carrie is younger than the rest of them.
(b) That Carrie has never had her menstrual cycle before.
(c) That Carrie is almost deaf.
(d) That Carrie is almost blind.
12. What does Carrie say she does not like?
(a) Football games.
(b) Going to school functions.
(c) Jokes played on her.
13. What does Sue Snell tell Tommy Ross?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) The answers to the algebra final.
(c) About what she does to Carrie in gym class.
(d) About her dress for the upcoming prom.
14. Why does Miss Desjardin slap Carrie?
(a) Because Carrie slaps another girl.
(b) To get Carrie under control.
(c) She has never liked Carrie.
(d) Because Carrie swears at Miss Desjardin.
15. What does Sue Snell believe is Chris Hargensen's main goal?
(a) Ruining Sue's reputation.
(b) Breaking up Tommy and Sue.
(c) The destruction of Carrie White.
(d) Sneaking into the prom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie ask a teenage neighbor about when Carrie is younger?
2. What does Margret think about sex?
3. Who does Chris call after leaving the decorating group?
4. Where does Chris Hargensen want to go?
5. What are the girls talking about in gym class?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)