|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Carrie's father die?
(a) When Carrie is 10.
(b) When Carrie is 14.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) Shortly after Carrie is born.
2. Why does Sue tell Chris that she accepted her punishment?
(a) Because she did not want something to go on her record.
(b) Her parents made her do so.
(c) Because she wanted to irritate Chris.
(d) Because she had earned it.
3. Who does Chris call after leaving the decorating group?
(a) Billy Nolan.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
4. What does Chris think is possible on prom night?
(a) That Sue will help her get her revenge against Mr. Morton.
(b) That people will have a bad time since Chris won't be there and she's the life of the party usually.
(c) That Chris will be allowed to go to the prom.
(d) That Tommy and Carrie would be crowned king and queen.
5. What is Chris going to do everything possible to accomplish?
(a) Enjoy her night regardless.
(b) Get her boyfriend to forget going to the prom also.
(c) Make sure Tommy and Carrie are crowned.
(d) Ruin Sue's prom night.
6. Why is Billy excited?
(a) At the upcoming cookout with the steak he buys.
(b) At the idea of giving pig's blood to a pig.
(c) He is not excited; he's angry.
(d) At the idea of paying back Tommy.
7. Where does Sue Snell go at the opening of this section?
(a) The library.
(b) The church.
(c) A local hangout to have root beer.
(d) Practice for the school play.
8. Where does Miss Desjardin take Carrie?
(a) To the bus station.
(b) Mr. Morton's office.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The school clinic.
9. What does Tommy tell Sue?
(a) That Chris is a witch and he won't ask her to the prom.
(b) That she is crazy.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he won't do what she asks.
10. What are Sue Snell and other students doing on Wednesday afternoon?
(a) Studying for finals in the library.
(b) Swimming at the river.
(c) Having ice cream at the drugstore.
(d) Decorating for the prom.
11. What does one neighbor do just to upset Carrie's mother?
(a) Takes her great dane everyday to poop in Margret White's yard.
(b) Buys a huge amplifier to make the music louder.
(c) Sends her daughter out in a bikini to sunbathe.
(d) Lets her grass get 3 feet high.
12. What does Carrie's mother think of Carrie?
(a) That she is rebellious.
(b) That she is misguided.
(c) That she is innnocent.
(d) That she is evil.
13. What happens when Carrie starts to cry?
(b) Her mother backhands her and tells her Carrie is cursed.
(c) Her mother holds her and makes over her.
(d) Her tears turn to ice as they drop on the ground.
14. What are the girls talking about in gym class?
(a) The prom.
15. What do the girls do when they see Carrie with blood running down her legs?
(c) Throw her a tampon.
(d) Go and get the teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie ask a teenage neighbor about when Carrie is younger?
2. What does Carrie lift that crashes down immediately?
3. To what school has Chris Hargensen been accepted?
4. Why is Carrie angry?
5. Who says she won't do what Miss Desjardin says?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)