|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the year Carrie is born?
(a) A red moon happens once a month.
(b) Margret kills her mother.
(c) Margret writes her mother and urges her to refrain from sex.
(d) Margret's husband dies.
2. What does Carrie's menstrual cycle initiate?
(a) Carrie going into a catatonic state.
(b) Carrie's hidden abilities.
(c) Carrie leaving home.
(d) The girls accepting Carrie.
3. What does Miss Desjardin do to the girls who haze Carrie?
(a) Talks to them about their behavior.
(b) Silently applauds their behavior.
(c) Asks them to apologize.
(d) Puts them on detention.
4. Who says she won't do what Miss Desjardin says?
(a) Sue Snell.
(b) Chris Hargensen.
(c) Andrea Fox.
(d) No one.
5. When Carrie's mother screams and tears out her flesh, what happens?
(a) A stone kills Carrie's father.
(b) The police come and take Carrie away.
(c) Rocks fall from the sky and hit the house.
(d) The neighbors turn up their music.
6. What is Chris going to do everything possible to accomplish?
(a) Get her boyfriend to forget going to the prom also.
(b) Make sure Tommy and Carrie are crowned.
(c) Enjoy her night regardless.
(d) Ruin Sue's prom night.
7. What does Margret tell her daughter, Carrie?
(a) She is the best daughter she could ever wish for.
(b) She is now a woman.
(c) She is going through a normal situation.
(d) She is lazy.
8. What list does Chris look at?
(a) The names of the faculty attending the prom.
(b) The final grades for the history class.
(c) The candidates for prom king and queen.
(d) The food and drink shopping list.
9. Why is Carrie embarrassed?
(a) Because she overhears Tommy ask Sue to the prom and he says something off color.
(b) She is not embarrassed, just confused.
(c) Because Tommy asks her to the prom.
(d) Because when Tommy asks Chris to the prom, Chris tells him to ask Carrie the witch.
10. Why would Carrie's mother yell at the neighbors?
(a) Because they don't mow their yards.
(b) Because they were sinning and ungodly.
(c) Because they let their dogs poop in her yard.
(d) Because they play loud music.
11. From where does the prayer come?
12. For what is Chris angry at Sue?
(a) For not sharing her answers in the history final.
(b) For saying something nice to Carrie.
(c) She is not angry at Sue.
(d) For not refusing detention like Chris does.
13. What happens to the boy who shouts at Carrie?
(b) He topples off his bike.
(c) He explodes.
(d) He turns blue.
14. What does Tommy tell Sue?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That Chris is a witch and he won't ask her to the prom.
(c) That she is crazy.
(d) That he won't do what she asks.
15. Who comes in and whispers to someone on the decorating committee?
(b) Billy Nolan.
(c) Miss Desjardin.
(d) Chris Hargensen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morton shocked?
2. What does Carrie's mother think of Carrie?
3. What does Sue Snell believe is Chris Hargensen's main goal?
4. How are Carrie's parents described?
5. Why does Miss Desjardin slap Carrie?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)