|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chris going to do everything possible to accomplish?
(a) Ruin Sue's prom night.
(b) Get her boyfriend to forget going to the prom also.
(c) Make sure Tommy and Carrie are crowned.
(d) Enjoy her night regardless.
2. What prayer does Margret recite?
(a) The Lord's prayer.
(b) The Prayer of St. Francis.
(c) The 23rd psalm.
(d) The prayer of exorcism.
3. How are Carrie's parents described?
(a) As lukewarm Christians.
(b) As atheists.
(c) As good, kind people.
(d) As religious zealots.
4. Why is Mr. Morton shocked?
(a) That Miss Desjardin flirts with him.
(b) That Carrie wants to go home.
(c) That Carrie's first period is at age 17.
(d) That Carrie is open about her problem.
5. Who is Chris Hargensen with when Sue arrives?
(b) Billy Nolan.
(c) No one.
6. What does Sue Snell suddenly realize?
(a) That Carrie is almost deaf.
(b) That Carrie has never had her menstrual cycle before.
(c) That Carrie is almost blind.
(d) That Carrie is younger than the rest of them.
7. What does Carrie lift that crashes down immediately?
(a) The bed with her sitting on it.
(b) The television.
(c) Her dog.
(d) The dresser.
8. Where does Sue Snell go at the opening of this section?
(a) The church.
(b) A local hangout to have root beer.
(c) Practice for the school play.
(d) The library.
9. What is the real reason Sue accepted her punishment?
(a) She does not want to miss the prom.
(b) She is afraid of Carrie.
(c) She is afraid of what her parents would say.
(d) She tells Chris the real reason.
10. What does Carrie's mother say when she says she is going to the prom?
(a) That she is thrilled.
(b) That Carrie better be home by eleven.
(c) That she will accompany Carrie.
(d) That Carrie cannot go.
11. Why doesn't Mr. Morton understand the situation?
(a) Because Miss Desjardin does not explain it.
(b) Because he is a male.
(c) Because he is not listening.
(d) He doesn't care about the situation.
12. How is Carrie treated at home?
(a) She is adored and spoiled.
(b) She is treated normally.
(c) She is abused.
(d) She is ignored.
13. Why is Carrie alone at home?
(a) Her parents went to town.
(b) Her mother is at work.
(c) Her mother is dead.
(d) Her mother is out preaching on the street corner.
14. What does Billy do?
(a) Kills a deer at the quarry.
(b) Calls Carrie.
(c) Buys some bloody meet at the grocery.
(d) Kills some pigs.
15. What does Carrie's mother think of Carrie?
(a) That she is rebellious.
(b) That she is misguided.
(c) That she is innnocent.
(d) That she is evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Billy?
2. What does Carrie say she does not like?
3. What is Carrie White doing in her room?
4. What does Margret call Carrie?
5. What happens the year Carrie is born?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)