|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the others think Chris is whispering?
(a) A joke since the other girl laughs.
(b) A surprise decorating idea that will be really neat.
(c) They do not care.
(d) Nothing good.
2. What do the girls do when they see Carrie with blood running down her legs?
(a) Go and get the teacher.
(c) Throw her a tampon.
3. What does Carrie's mother think of Carrie?
(a) That she is misguided.
(b) That she is rebellious.
(c) That she is evil.
(d) That she is innnocent.
4. What does a little boy on a bike call Carrie as she is walking home?
(a) Zit face.
(c) Fart face.
(d) Pimple face.
5. What does Carrie's mother say when she says she is going to the prom?
(a) That she will accompany Carrie.
(b) That Carrie cannot go.
(c) That she is thrilled.
(d) That Carrie better be home by eleven.
6. What prayer does Margret recite?
(a) The 23rd psalm.
(b) The Prayer of St. Francis.
(c) The Lord's prayer.
(d) The prayer of exorcism.
7. What happens to the bathroom lights?
(b) They brighten.
(c) They pop loudly and then go out.
(d) They flicker.
8. How does Sue feel about what she tells Tommy?
9. When does Carrie's father die?
(a) Shortly after Carrie is born.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) When Carrie is 10.
(d) When Carrie is 14.
10. What does Sue Snell tell Tommy Ross?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) About what she does to Carrie in gym class.
(c) About her dress for the upcoming prom.
(d) The answers to the algebra final.
11. To what school has Chris Hargensen been accepted?
(a) A very prestigious college.
(b) A community college.
(c) A fairly unknown liberal arts college.
(d) She has not yet been accepted to college.
12. Where does Chris Hargensen want to go?
(a) To apologize to Carrie in case that will get her to the prom.
(b) To talk to the principal once more.
(d) To talk to Miss Desjarden.
13. What does Carrie's mother do when she sees Carrie speaking to the neighbor teen?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Tears off pieces of her own flesh.
(c) Shoots the teen in the foot.
(d) Goes a grabs Carrie and slaps her.
14. What happens the year Carrie is born?
(a) Margret's husband dies.
(b) Margret kills her mother.
(c) A red moon happens once a month.
(d) Margret writes her mother and urges her to refrain from sex.
15. What does Sue Snell want Tommy Ross to do?
(a) Ask Chris to the prom.
(b) Ask her to the prom.
(c) Go with her to apologize to Carrie.
(d) Ask Carrie to the prom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margret White call women's breasts?
2. Why is Mr. Morton shocked?
3. What does Billy put on ice?
4. What does Carrie do with the brush on her dresser?
5. What is Carrie doing at the end of gym class that begins the plot of the story?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)