|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie lift that crashes down immediately?
(a) The dresser.
(b) The television.
(c) Her dog.
(d) The bed with her sitting on it.
2. What does Margret tell her daughter, Carrie?
(a) She is now a woman.
(b) She is the best daughter she could ever wish for.
(c) She is going through a normal situation.
(d) She is lazy.
3. What happens to the boy who shouts at Carrie?
(a) He explodes.
(b) He turns blue.
(c) He topples off his bike.
4. What does Carrie's mother do when she sees Carrie speaking to the neighbor teen?
(a) Goes a grabs Carrie and slaps her.
(b) Tears off pieces of her own flesh.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Shoots the teen in the foot.
5. What did Carrie's father carry to work every day?
(a) A .38 revolver.
(b) A Bible.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The Koran.
6. How are Carrie's parents described?
(a) As religious zealots.
(b) As lukewarm Christians.
(c) As good, kind people.
(d) As atheists.
7. What does Carrie's menstrual cycle initiate?
(a) Carrie going into a catatonic state.
(b) Carrie leaving home.
(c) Carrie's hidden abilities.
(d) The girls accepting Carrie.
8. What does Carrie do when she gets mad at her mother?
(a) Makes the pie pan fly across the room.
(b) Slaps her mother.
(c) Tells her mother she is moving out.
(d) Locks her mother in the closet.
9. At what is Chris's dad not successful?
(a) Helping her boyfriend get into the same college as Chris.
(b) Convincing the principal to discipline Carrie.
(c) Getting her into the prom.
(d) Convincing Carrie to drop charges.
10. Why is Carrie embarrassed?
(a) Because she overhears Tommy ask Sue to the prom and he says something off color.
(b) Because when Tommy asks Chris to the prom, Chris tells him to ask Carrie the witch.
(c) Because Tommy asks her to the prom.
(d) She is not embarrassed, just confused.
11. What does Chris Hargensen tell her friend?
(a) That she is going to do something awful to the people at the prom.
(b) That she is sorry she did not accept her punishment.
(c) That she is going to slash the Principal's tires.
(d) That she is going to get back at Carrie.
12. What does Carrie's mother think of Carrie?
(a) That she is evil.
(b) That she is misguided.
(c) That she is innnocent.
(d) That she is rebellious.
13. What does a little boy on a bike call Carrie as she is walking home?
(a) Pimple face.
(c) Fart face.
(d) Zit face.
14. What does Margret call Carrie?
(a) A fey child.
(b) An ungrateful brat.
(c) The Devil's child.
(d) A demon.
15. Who is going to get an awful surprise at the prom?
(a) No one.
(b) Sue and the other girls who accepted their punishment.
(c) The attendees.
(d) The teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carrie doing at the end of gym class that begins the plot of the story?
2. What does one neighbor do just to upset Carrie's mother?
3. Why is Mr. Morton shocked?
4. Why would Carrie's mother yell at the neighbors?
5. What list does Chris look at?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)