|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What list does Chris look at?
(a) The candidates for prom king and queen.
(b) The names of the faculty attending the prom.
(c) The food and drink shopping list.
(d) The final grades for the history class.
2. What are Sue Snell and other students doing on Wednesday afternoon?
(a) Swimming at the river.
(b) Having ice cream at the drugstore.
(c) Studying for finals in the library.
(d) Decorating for the prom.
3. Who goes with Billy?
(a) A few of his friends.
(b) No one.
4. What does Carrie ask a teenage neighbor about when Carrie is younger?
(a) Why she wants to be tan.
(b) If her mother was real.
(c) If her nose is real.
(d) About her breasts.
5. Where does Sue Snell go at the opening of this section?
(a) The church.
(b) The library.
(c) A local hangout to have root beer.
(d) Practice for the school play.
6. What is Carrie White doing in her room?
(b) Practicing her abilities.
7. What does Carrie do when she gets mad at her mother?
(a) Tells her mother she is moving out.
(b) Slaps her mother.
(c) Makes the pie pan fly across the room.
(d) Locks her mother in the closet.
8. What is Chris going to do everything possible to accomplish?
(a) Ruin Sue's prom night.
(b) Enjoy her night regardless.
(c) Make sure Tommy and Carrie are crowned.
(d) Get her boyfriend to forget going to the prom also.
9. What does Sue Snell suddenly realize?
(a) That Carrie is almost blind.
(b) That Carrie is younger than the rest of them.
(c) That Carrie is almost deaf.
(d) That Carrie has never had her menstrual cycle before.
10. When does Carrie's father die?
(a) When Carrie is 10.
(b) When Carrie is 14.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) Shortly after Carrie is born.
11. What happens when Carrie starts to cry?
(a) Her mother backhands her and tells her Carrie is cursed.
(b) Her mother holds her and makes over her.
(d) Her tears turn to ice as they drop on the ground.
12. What does Tommy tell Sue?
(a) That Chris is a witch and he won't ask her to the prom.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That she is crazy.
(d) That he won't do what she asks.
13. What do the girls do when they see Carrie with blood running down her legs?
(a) Go and get the teacher.
(c) Throw her a tampon.
14. Who does Chris call after leaving the decorating group?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Billy Nolan.
(d) Her father.
15. From where does the prayer come?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Carrie's parents described?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Morton understand the situation?
3. What happens to the bathroom lights?
4. Where does Chris Hargensen want to go?
5. Why is Billy excited?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)