|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one neighbor do just to upset Carrie's mother?
(a) Buys a huge amplifier to make the music louder.
(b) Lets her grass get 3 feet high.
(c) Takes her great dane everyday to poop in Margret White's yard.
(d) Sends her daughter out in a bikini to sunbathe.
2. What does Carrie do when she gets mad at her mother?
(a) Locks her mother in the closet.
(b) Slaps her mother.
(c) Makes the pie pan fly across the room.
(d) Tells her mother she is moving out.
3. When does Carrie's father die?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) Shortly after Carrie is born.
(c) When Carrie is 14.
(d) When Carrie is 10.
4. What does Sue Snell believe is Chris Hargensen's main goal?
(a) Sneaking into the prom.
(b) Breaking up Tommy and Sue.
(c) The destruction of Carrie White.
(d) Ruining Sue's reputation.
5. Who is Chris Hargensen with when Sue arrives?
(a) Billy Nolan.
(d) No one.
6. What does a little boy on a bike call Carrie as she is walking home?
(b) Pimple face.
(c) Zit face.
(d) Fart face.
7. What does Sue Snell tell Tommy Ross?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) The answers to the algebra final.
(c) About what she does to Carrie in gym class.
(d) About her dress for the upcoming prom.
8. What does Carrie lift that crashes down immediately?
(a) Her dog.
(b) The bed with her sitting on it.
(c) The dresser.
(d) The television.
9. Why does Miss Desjardin slap Carrie?
(a) To get Carrie under control.
(b) Because Carrie slaps another girl.
(c) She has never liked Carrie.
(d) Because Carrie swears at Miss Desjardin.
10. What are the girls talking about in gym class?
(b) The prom.
11. What does Margret think about sex?
(a) It is God's blessing to humankind.
(b) It is acceptable between a man and woman.
(c) It is filthy.
(d) It is necessary to have children, that's the only reason.
12. What does Margret call Carrie?
(a) A fey child.
(b) A demon.
(c) The Devil's child.
(d) An ungrateful brat.
13. Why is Carrie angry?
(a) That the girls threw tampons at her.
(b) That she had to come home.
(c) That she missed a final in algebra.
(d) That her mother did not tell her about a girl's menstrual cycle.
14. When Carrie's mother screams and tears out her flesh, what happens?
(a) The police come and take Carrie away.
(b) Rocks fall from the sky and hit the house.
(c) A stone kills Carrie's father.
(d) The neighbors turn up their music.
15. How is Carrie treated at home?
(a) She is adored and spoiled.
(b) She is abused.
(c) She is treated normally.
(d) She is ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie ask a teenage neighbor about when Carrie is younger?
2. What does Chris think is possible on prom night?
3. What happens when Carrie starts to cry?
4. At what is Chris's dad not successful?
5. Why would Carrie's mother yell at the neighbors?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)