Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what signals a change?
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
3. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
4. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
5. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the roles of nature and the natural in Orwell's novel. Write an essay in which you explore the significance of nature and the natural in relation to Orwell's message.
Essay Topic 2
Identify at least three events instigated or exacerbated by racism in the novel, and write an essay in which you discuss the role of racism in pivotal events.
Essay Topic 3
Examining the roles of the timber companies, the Club, and the English officials in the novel, identify any social institution or aspect of mankind that Orwell criticizes in his novel. Write an essay in identifying Orwell's criticism and support it with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)