Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what signals a change?
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
3. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
4. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
5. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
Considering any pair of like-minded characters in the text, such as Ellis and U Po Kyin, or Verrall and Elizabeth, write an essay comparing and/or contrasting their actions and motivations.
Consider Orwell's use of parasites as motif in the novel. In your essay, identify who or what Orwell might consider a parasite. Use examples from the text to support your argument.
Tolstoy suggests the role of the artist is to communicate emotion clearly and sincerely. Write an essay in which you consider Burmese Days as a work of art, holding it up to Tolstoy's standard.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)