|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ko S'la tell Flory he should not attempt to play polo?
2. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
3. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
4. What does Mrs. Lackersteen plan to do at the end of Chapter 23?
5. What is Elizabeth's first thought when she thinks of Flory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the roles of nature and the natural in Orwell's novel. Write an essay in which you explore the significance of nature and the natural in relation to Orwell's message.
Essay Topic 2
Identify at least three events instigated or exacerbated by racism in the novel, and write an essay in which you discuss the role of racism in pivotal events.
Essay Topic 3
Some of the characters in Orwell's novel are not what they appear to be to be, or behave in ways that contradict their beliefs. Choose one character and write an essay in which you explore his or her contradicting beliefs and actions.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)