Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what signals a change?
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
3. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
4. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
5. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the roles of nature and the natural in Orwell's novel. Write an essay in which you explore the significance of nature and the natural in relation to Orwell's message.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the contrasting motifs of pride and humility in the text. Who or what can be considered proud in the novel? Who or what would be considered humble? Write an essay in which you explore Orwell's definitions of pride and humility, using examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Flory uses many allusions in his conversations. Identify at least three of these allusions and identify any character traits Orwell reveals in Flory's allusions. Write an essay in which you explore Orwell's characterization of Flory through his allusions.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)