|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin has refused aid to Flory.
(b) Dr. Veraswami has refused aid to Flory.
(c) Dr. Veraswami has seized any illegal drug to save his reputation.
(d) U Po Kyin ordered a raid to seize the opium.
2. Why does Elizabeth seem more approachable to Flory that evening?
(a) She is not wearing spectacles.
(b) She wears her hair down.
(c) She starts to embrace Burmese culture.
(d) She is less inhibited when she is drunk.
3. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
(a) timid and conciliatory
(b) aloof and superior
(c) hostile and forbidding
(d) warm and inviting
4. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
(a) Verrall comes to the Club with a native friend.
(b) Verrall ignores the invitation.
(c) Verrall comes to the Club at once.
(d) Verrall declines the invitation.
5. Who commits the murder?
(a) The relatives of Ma Hla May commit the murder.
(b) The relatives of the man Maxwell shot commit the murder.
(c) Maxwell commits the murder.
(d) U Po Kyin commits the murder as revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
2. What causes Verrall to speak to Elizabeth and Mrs. Lackersteen?
3. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
4. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
5. How does Flory feel next to Verrall?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)