|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accounts for the change in Mrs. Lackersteen's behavior?
(a) Her fear of Lackersteen's infidelity
(b) Her drinking problem
(c) Her social aspirations
(d) Her distaste for Burmese culture
2. Who greets Flory and Elizabeth when they go ashore?
(b) The Eurasians
(c) Ko S'la
(d) The village headman
3. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
(a) Watching the scenery go by
(b) Shooting at birds
(c) Carrying the gun in her lap
(d) Carrying on a conversation with the Burman canoe-man
4. What does Verrall do during the funeral?
(a) He rides his horse on the maidan opposite the cemetary.
(b) He searches out Maxwell's murderer.
(c) He leaves town on the train to Mandalay.
(d) He proposes to Elizabeth.
5. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
(a) He is not an experienced horseback rider.
(b) He is keeping a Burmese woman.
(c) He is not an experienced hunter.
(d) He is unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory not get to propose to Elizabeth?
2. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
3. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
4. How does Lackersteen justify his drinking and philandering?
5. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)