|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does U Po Kyin stand to profit from the murder?
(a) The murder will assure his place in Heaven.
(b) The murder will prove he is to be feared as an adversary.
(c) The murder will be blamed on Dr. Veraswami.
(d) The murder will continue to incite unrest among the Europeans.
2. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
(a) Carrying on a conversation with the Burman canoe-man
(b) Carrying the gun in her lap
(c) Shooting at birds
(d) Watching the scenery go by
3. Why do the members of the Club suddenly allow the butler into their conversation?
(a) They are afraid of his size and demeanor.
(b) He is a respectable member of Burmese society.
(c) He has had many experiences with earthquakes, and they are interested in his stories.
(d) He insists on being the center of attention.
4. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
(a) Leaves immediately for England
(b) Gets drunk and confronts Elizabeth
(c) Gets drunk and engages a Burmese prostitute
(d) Leaves immediately for the camp
5. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
(a) avoid her aunt and uncle
(b) talk intimately
(d) go hunting together
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
2. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
3. What ugly image accompanies the description of the cemetery and graves?
4. What is the description of the mood of Chapter 17?
5. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)