Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what signals a change?
(a) The rain has finally stopped.
(b) The rain has finally started.
(c) The river has overflowed.
(d) The English have returned to their camps.
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
(c) Burmese culture
3. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
(a) Dr. Veraswami has seized any illegal drug to save his reputation.
(b) U Po Kyin ordered a raid to seize the opium.
(c) Dr. Veraswami has refused aid to Flory.
(d) U Po Kyin has refused aid to Flory.
4. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
(a) he is not to blame for his ignorance of polite social behavior.
(b) he never suffers serious consequences.
(c) he often apologizes afterward.
(d) he always regrets his behavior.
5. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
(a) She agrees to stay behind with Elizabeth as Lackersteen returns to the jungle.
(b) She allows Elizabeth to choose for herself between Flory and Verrall.
(c) She offers to find Elizabeth a husband back in England.
(d) She gives Elizabeth money to make herself a more appealing catch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami's letter informs Flory that __________________________.
2. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
3. Why do the Burmese riot outside the Club?
4. Who greets Flory and Elizabeth when they go ashore?
5. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)