|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin has refused aid to Flory.
(b) U Po Kyin ordered a raid to seize the opium.
(c) Dr. Veraswami has refused aid to Flory.
(d) Dr. Veraswami has seized any illegal drug to save his reputation.
2. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
(a) He is caught up in the noise and the crowd.
(b) Elizabeth refuses to speak to him.
(c) He sees her interest in the Burmese people.
(d) He is busy buying his groceries.
3. As Elizabeth and Verrall dance outside, the moon is described as _________________________.
(a) an envious goddess.
(b) a silver orb.
(c) a sick woman creeping out of bed.
(d) a Japanese lantern.
4. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
(b) go hunting together
(c) talk intimately
(d) avoid her aunt and uncle
5. Who finally runs for help during the riot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
2. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
3. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
4. Why do the members of the Club suddenly allow the butler into their conversation?
5. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)