|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
(a) Carrying the gun in her lap
(b) Carrying on a conversation with the Burman canoe-man
(c) Shooting at birds
(d) Watching the scenery go by
2. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
(a) he is not to blame for his ignorance of polite social behavior.
(b) he never suffers serious consequences.
(c) he always regrets his behavior.
(d) he often apologizes afterward.
3. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
(a) apologize for neglecting to introduce him to Elizabeth.
(b) inform him they are no longer friends.
(c) apologize for signing the notice against him.
(d) accuse him of the crimes mentioned in U Po Kyin's letters.
4. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
(a) Gets drunk and engages a Burmese prostitute
(b) Gets drunk and confronts Elizabeth
(c) Leaves immediately for the camp
(d) Leaves immediately for England
5. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
(a) He is not an experienced horseback rider.
(b) He is unattractive.
(c) He is keeping a Burmese woman.
(d) He is not an experienced hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
2. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
3. Who commits the murder?
4. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
5. How do the men respond when Flory proposes Veraswami as a member of the Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two riderless ponies indicate about Verrall and Elizabeth?
2. What is the result of Ellis' confrontation with the local boys?
3. How does Orwell describe the leopard as it is being killed?
4. What has the day of shooting done for Flory and Elizabeth?
5. What happens for Flory as a result of his role in the riot?
6. Why does Flory's birthmark discourage him from kissing Elizabeth?
7. What choice does Macgregor offer the Englishmen in regards to electing a native member of the Club?
8. What is Mrs. Lackersteen's plan for Elizabeth?
9. What do Elizabeth's comments about the Burmese reveal about her?
10. Why might Elizabeth enjoy holding the gun?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)