|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
2. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
(a) Ellis feels protective of the butler.
(b) Ellis believes Verrall has no right to abuse the Club's butler as he is not a member.
(c) Ellis wants Verrall to approve of everyone in the Club.
(d) Ellis believes Verrall is part Burman, and therefore should not be admitted to the Club.
3. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
(a) Flory will enjoy one last night out with the boys that evening.
(b) Flory will propose to Elizabeth that evening.
(c) Elizabeth will pay Flory more respect in the future.
(d) Elizabeth will claim to have killed the tiger on her own.
4. Whose arrival alarms Mrs. Lackersteen and Elizabeth?
(a) Verrall's replacement
(b) Verrall's debt collectors
(c) Flory's replacement
(d) Verrall's wife
5. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
(a) Verrall comes to the Club with a native friend.
(b) Verrall comes to the Club at once.
(c) Verrall declines the invitation.
(d) Verrall ignores the invitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Verrall enter the Burma Military Police?
2. What does Elizabeth do when Flory calls out to her?
3. What is Elizabeth's first thought when she thinks of Flory?
4. Who finally runs for help during the riot?
5. What does Mrs. Lackersteen plan to do at the end of Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Ellis' confrontation with the local boys?
2. Why does Ellis get involved in a skirmish with the local boys?
3. How has Ma Hla May's behavior changed?
4. How does Flory arrange to stay in town to be around Elizabeth?
5. What happens for Flory as a result of his role in the riot?
6. Why might Elizabeth enjoy holding the gun?
7. Who or what helps Flory through the difficulties he is having at the camp?
8. Who or what does Verrall despise?
9. What do the two riderless ponies indicate about Verrall and Elizabeth?
10. What is Mrs. Lackersteen's plan for Elizabeth?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)