|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth admires Flory when she _____________________.
(a) talks to him about art and literature.
(b) sees how he can shoot.
(c) pretends he does not have a birthmark.
(d) watches him mix with the Burmese people.
2. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
(a) Elizabeth refuses to see Flory when he arrives.
(b) Elizabeth rejects the offer of the gift outright.
(c) The prisoners sell it and replace it with a fake.
(d) The prisoners ruin it when they try to cure it.
3. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
(a) Cries upon seeing her
(b) Wants her to hold him
(c) Climbs up on to her lap
(d) Wets himself on the floor
4. What does Mrs. Lackersteen plan to do at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) Invite Macgregor to dinner in order to court Elizabeth
(b) Invite Verrall to dinner in order to question him about marriage
(c) Invite Flory to dinner in order to let him down gently
(d) Invite Flory to dinner in order to court Elizabeth again
5. What is the description of the mood of Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
2. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
3. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
4. What accounts for the change in Mrs. Lackersteen's behavior?
5. Although Elizabeth and Verrall ride together frequently, __________________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's attitude toward Flory?
2. What causes the change in Flory's mood after he visits Dr. Veraswami?
3. Why does Flory's birthmark discourage him from kissing Elizabeth?
4. What happens for Flory as a result of his role in the riot?
5. What unpleasant event does Elizabeth face before going to the Club?
6. What do Elizabeth's comments about the Burmese reveal about her?
7. Why does Ellis get involved in a skirmish with the local boys?
8. What do Ellis and Westfield plan to do in response to Maxwell's murder?
9. What is Mrs. Lackersteen's plan for Elizabeth?
10. Who or what helps Flory through the difficulties he is having at the camp?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)