|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
(a) She screams when she is frightened by Ko S'la.
(b) She screams when she is frightened by a water buffalo.
(c) She faints from the heat on his doorstep.
(d) She runs to him for rescue from the natives.
2. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
(b) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(c) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(d) Flory's health.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(b) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(c) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(d) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
4. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's maid
(b) Flory's wife
(c) Flory's assistant
(d) Flory's cocker spaniel
5. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(a) Old Mattu, the beggar
(d) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
2. What confrontation does Flory endure?
3. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
4. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
5. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lackersteen's wife distrust him?
2. Why does Flory get rid of Ma Hla May?
3. Who are Westfield, Ellis, Lackersteen, Macgregor and Maxwell?
4. What is revealed about Flory's childhood in the chapter?
5. Describe the variety show that Flory and Elizabeth attend.
6. Why did Flory end up in Burma?
7. What kind of relationship does U Po Kyin seem to have with Ma Kin?
8. Why is Flory so lonely?
9. Among the visitors to U Po Kyin's house, which of these does he agree to see, and why?
10. Why are the English men upset over the article in the Burmese Patriot?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)