|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her husband's job
(b) her wardrobe
(c) her drink
(d) her servants
2. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Ellis
(b) Mr. Lackersteen
(c) Mr. Flory
(d) Mr. Chesterton
3. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
(a) feeling racist.
(b) being European among Burmese.
(c) never experiencing beauty.
(d) being alone.
4. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(b) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
(c) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(d) He wants Flo to have a companion.
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(b) jaded and resentful of the English.
(c) homesick for England.
(d) tired of the Burmese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flory start his day?
2. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
3. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
4. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
5. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Veraswami react to Flory's refusal to propose him as a member of the Club?
2. Why does Flory's sudden church attendance concern Ko S'la?
3. Why does Flory get rid of Ma Hla May?
4. What seems to be Flory's motivation for ignoring the anonymous letter about Veraswami?
5. Why is Flory unafraid of U Po Kyin?
6. What has Elizabeth's life been like in Paris?
7. Who are Westfield, Ellis, Lackersteen, Macgregor and Maxwell?
8. What is U Po Kyin's plan against Dr. Veraswami?
9. How does Veraswami respond to Flory's verbal attacks on his fellow Europeans?
10. What is Ellis' complaint against the natives?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)