|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
(a) Flory will propose to Elizabeth that evening.
(b) Elizabeth will pay Flory more respect in the future.
(c) Elizabeth will claim to have killed the tiger on her own.
(d) Flory will enjoy one last night out with the boys that evening.
2. Whose arrival alarms Mrs. Lackersteen and Elizabeth?
(a) Flory's replacement
(b) Verrall's debt collectors
(c) Verrall's wife
(d) Verrall's replacement
3. Who are Francis and Samuel?
(a) Elizabeth's uncles.
(b) Flory's servants.
(c) Two English men from the Club.
(d) Two Eurasian men Flory has befriended.
4. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
5. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
(a) for who you know.
(b) for what you own.
(c) for your past.
(d) for what you are.
6. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
7. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
(a) an oppressive struggle.
(b) a journey into their hearts.
(c) a relief from the heat of the day.
(d) a wonderland of beauty.
8. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
(a) avoid her aunt and uncle
(b) go hunting together
(c) talk intimately
9. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
(a) He is caught up in the noise and the crowd.
(b) He is busy buying his groceries.
(c) Elizabeth refuses to speak to him.
(d) He sees her interest in the Burmese people.
10. How does Flory feel next to Verrall?
(a) Wise and experienced
(b) Old and shabby
(c) Young and vibrant
(d) Poor and ignorant
11. Who greets Flory and Elizabeth when they go ashore?
(a) The village headman
(c) Ko S'la
(d) The Eurasians
12. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
(a) right after she kills a jungle cock.
(b) right before Flory kills the tiger.
(c) right after they leave the headman's house.
(d) right after she misses her first shot.
13. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
(a) in love with Ma Hla May.
(b) destined to remain a bachelor.
(c) in love with Mrs. Lackersteen.
(d) in love with Elizabeth.
14. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
(a) That Elizabeth is afraid of the Burmese.
(b) That Elizabeth will enjoy the bazaar.
(c) That he should bring Elizabeth back to England.
(d) That Elizabeth prefers the Club to the bazaar.
15. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin ordered a raid to seize the opium.
(b) U Po Kyin has refused aid to Flory.
(c) Dr. Veraswami has refused aid to Flory.
(d) Dr. Veraswami has seized any illegal drug to save his reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do when Flory calls out to her?
2. What does Mrs. Lackersteen plan to do at the end of Chapter 23?
3. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
4. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
5. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)