Short Answer Key
1. Where and when does the story take place?
In Burma, April of 1925
2. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
U Po Kyin
3. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
Rise from a chair
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
fat, yet shapely and beautiful
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
be a parasite upon them
6. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
7. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
8. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
a woman is considered...
This section contains 2,667 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)