|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) reading up on world events
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) trading jokes
(d) arguing about sports
2. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
(a) are behind U Po Kyin.
(b) believe U Po Kyin is lying.
(c) trust Veraswami completely.
(d) try to give each a fair chance to speak his mind.
3. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
4. Why do the Burmese riot outside the Club?
(a) Ellis has murdered a local boy, and the Burmese want revenge.
(b) Ellis has attacked a group of local boys and the Burmese want revenge.
(c) Ellis has published an unflattering article of the Burmese.
(d) Ellis has murdered Maxwell, and the Burmese want justice.
5. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
(a) He says Ma Hla May is the laundress.
(b) He says Ma Hla May is the jealous type.
(c) He says Ma Hla May is Ko S'la's wife.
(d) He says Ma Hla May is a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ba Taik is ___________
2. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
3. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
4. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
5. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)