|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
(a) She is reassured by the white faces and European habits.
(b) She is bored by the familiar customs.
(c) She is fearful of the attention of so many single men.
(d) She is reassured by the local customs.
2. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
(a) He feels superior to the criminals and revels in his duty.
(b) He detests it but his racism causes him to feel they are all guilty.
(c) He refuses to pursue anyone who is not a serious criminal.
(d) He loathes it but does not resist the duty.
3. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) ungrateful to the English.
(b) planning to overthrow the English.
(c) afraid of offending the English.
(d) too submissive to the English.
4. How does Elizabeth see Flory after the confrontation?
(a) Young and fresh
(b) Flawed but human
(c) Dangerous and appealing
(d) Ghastly and old
5. How does Lackersteen justify his drinking and philandering?
(a) He believes he is still respectable because he is white.
(b) He believes he as the right to do as he pleases.
(c) He believes he is still respectable because he is loyal.
(d) He believes he has been given an unfair burden and needs an outlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
2. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
3. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
4. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
5. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)