|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very savvy
(b) That Indian
(c) Very slimy
(d) The savage doctor
2. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
(a) Her beauty finally causes Verrall to socialize with the English.
(b) Elizabeth's boldness in approaching him offends him.
(c) Her disdain for Burmese culture infuriates him.
(d) Her beauty intimidates him and he cannot speak.
3. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
(a) Flory's servant, Ko S'la
(b) Flory's mistress, Ma Hla May
(c) Dr. Veraswami
(d) Flory himself
4. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
(a) Lord of all he surveys
(b) Spineless cur
(c) Misunderstood genius
(d) Local pariah
5. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
(b) someone with whom he can share his life.
(c) someone to fight Ellis.
(d) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ko S'la tell Flory he should not attempt to play polo?
2. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
3. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
4. Who confronts Flory at church?
5. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)