|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
(a) Flory is welcomed and respected by Veraswami.
(b) Flory is treated as an intruder in Veraswami's personal life.
(c) Flory is welcomed, but only because he is beneficial to Veraswami's goals.
(d) Flory is resented but tolerated.
2. In what pre-ordained role does Orwell reveal that Elizabeth finds her place?
(a) A memsahib
(b) A housekeeper
(c) A wife
(d) A racist
3. How does Elizabeth feel when she kills a bird?
(a) Dizzy with her own power over the men
(c) Angry at herself
(d) Overcome by happiness
4. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) be a parasite upon them
(b) defend the queen.
(c) defeat the weak among his own people.
(d) prove his worth to the white men.
5. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
(a) Elizabeth is not impressed by Burma or the natives.
(b) Veraswami may be in some kind of trouble.
(c) Elizabeth has come to Burma to find a husband.
(d) U Po Kyin is out to get him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what signals a change?
2. Why does Ko S'la tell Flory he should not attempt to play polo?
3. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
4. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
5. Where and when does the story take place?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)