|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(b) she reveals that she is lonely.
(c) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(d) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
2. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) an animal is beyond his status level.
(b) an animal is beneath contempt.
(c) a woman is beyond his status level.
(d) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(b) a mixture of love and respect.
(c) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(d) a mixture of fear and excitement.
4. How do the men respond when Flory proposes Veraswami as a member of the Club?
(a) They are responsive to the idea.
(b) They are furious and call for a second, secret vote.
(c) They are reluctant, but come around to Flory's suggestion.
(d) They are furious and refuse to entertain the idea.
5. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
(a) She is reassured by the white faces and European habits.
(b) She is bored by the familiar customs.
(c) She is fearful of the attention of so many single men.
(d) She is reassured by the local customs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
2. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
3. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
4. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)