|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
(a) She mourns extensively.
(b) She immediately sets sail for Burma at her uncle's invitation.
(c) She immediately takes a cruise looking for a husband.
(d) She decides that she wants to live the life of an artist.
2. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
(a) He throws Ma Hla May out of the house.
(b) He shoots the dog in cold blood.
(c) He stays home instead of joining the others at the club.
(d) He signs a slanderous notice against Veraswami.
3. Elizabeth is most excited when she learns ____________________________.
(a) she may be able to hunt a dog.
(b) Flory wants her to return to the headman's house.
(c) Flory plans to propose to her at the Club later.
(d) she may be able to hunt a leopard.
4. How does Flory feel next to Verrall?
(a) Wise and experienced
(b) Young and vibrant
(c) Poor and ignorant
(d) Old and shabby
5. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(b) sparse, lonely and bland.
(c) short, light and fresh.
(d) swift, passionate and enormous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
2. How does Elizabeth feel when she kills a bird?
3. When Flory tries to speak honestly with Elizabeth, she responds with __________________.
4. Ko S'la is __________________.
5. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)