|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
(a) She allows Elizabeth to choose for herself between Flory and Verrall.
(b) She agrees to stay behind with Elizabeth as Lackersteen returns to the jungle.
(c) She gives Elizabeth money to make herself a more appealing catch.
(d) She offers to find Elizabeth a husband back in England.
2. How does Elizabeth thwarts Lackersteen's attempts at rape?
(a) Threatening to marray Flory
(b) Threatening to tell the police
(c) Threatening to tell Mrs. Lackersteen
(d) Threatening to leave at once
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A scar on his face
(b) A birthmark on his face
(c) A birthmark on his hand
(d) A mole on his face
4. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(b) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
(c) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
(d) Ba Taik, the servant.
5. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
(a) To give it to Dr. Veraswami
(b) To give it to Ellis
(c) To ignore it
(d) To bring it to Macgregor's attention
Short Answer Questions
1. In what pre-ordained role does Orwell reveal that Elizabeth finds her place?
2. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
3. How does Flory feel next to Verrall?
4. Who finally runs for help during the riot?
5. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)