|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Burmese riot outside the Club?
(a) Ellis has murdered a local boy, and the Burmese want revenge.
(b) Ellis has published an unflattering article of the Burmese.
(c) Ellis has murdered Maxwell, and the Burmese want justice.
(d) Ellis has attacked a group of local boys and the Burmese want revenge.
2. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) U Po Kyin
(b) Ma Kin
(c) Ko Ba Sein
(d) Ba Taik
3. How has Flory's attitude toward nature changed?
(a) He is more aware of the beauty of nature because he is in love.
(b) He is provoked and emboldened by the beauty of nature.
(c) He is indifferent to the beauty of nature because he is mourning the loss of Elizabeth.
(d) He is unaware of the beauty of nature because his work has distracted him.
4. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) swift, passionate and enormous.
(b) short, light and fresh.
(c) sparse, lonely and bland.
(d) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
5. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(b) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(c) drink before sunset.
(d) like Ellis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
2. Who commits the murder?
3. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
4. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
5. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)