|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
(a) her time as an artist in Paris.
(b) two terms she spent at an expensive boarding school.
(c) her father's time in the military.
(d) her family's immense fortunes.
2. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
(a) He says Ma Hla May is the jealous type.
(b) He says Ma Hla May is Ko S'la's wife.
(c) He says Ma Hla May is the laundress.
(d) He says Ma Hla May is a boy.
3. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) like Ellis.
(b) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(c) drink before sunset.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
4. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) swift, passionate and enormous.
(b) short, light and fresh.
(c) sparse, lonely and bland.
(d) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
5. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His family has disowned him.
(b) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
(c) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(d) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Flory tries to speak honestly with Elizabeth, she responds with __________________.
2. What does Verrall do during the funeral?
3. Why is U Po Kyin unable to atone for his sins by building pagodas?
4. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
5. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)