|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(b) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
(c) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
(d) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
2. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
(a) drinking and visiting whores.
(b) drinking and fighting with natives.
(c) saving money to send home to his parents.
(d) working around the clock.
3. What causes Mrs. Lackersteen to lecture Elizabeth on being "cheap?"
(a) Verrall has given Elizabeth money on many occasions.
(b) Verrall has mentioned he plans to marry Elizabeth only if her family is wealthy.,
(c) Verrall has made no motions to marry Elizabeth even though they have had an affair.
(d) Verrall has refused to give Elizabeth money when she has asked for it.
4. How do the men respond when Flory proposes Veraswami as a member of the Club?
(a) They are furious and call for a second, secret vote.
(b) They are responsive to the idea.
(c) They are reluctant, but come around to Flory's suggestion.
(d) They are furious and refuse to entertain the idea.
5. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mrs. Lackersteen and Elizabeth rush to the train station?
2. What is Dr. Veraswami's fate?
3. Why do the members of the Club suddenly allow the butler into their conversation?
4. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
5. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)