|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(b) U Po Kyin's wife.
(c) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
(d) U Po Kyin's son.
2. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
(a) Dr. Veraswami has refused aid to Flory.
(b) Dr. Veraswami has seized any illegal drug to save his reputation.
(c) U Po Kyin has refused aid to Flory.
(d) U Po Kyin ordered a raid to seize the opium.
3. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a social club.
(b) It has a railway terminus.
(c) It is hotter than other towns.
(d) It is bigger than other towns.
4. How does U Po Kyin stand to profit from the murder?
(a) The murder will assure his place in Heaven.
(b) The murder will prove he is to be feared as an adversary.
(c) The murder will continue to incite unrest among the Europeans.
(d) The murder will be blamed on Dr. Veraswami.
5. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
(a) She gives Elizabeth money to make herself a more appealing catch.
(b) She allows Elizabeth to choose for herself between Flory and Verrall.
(c) She offers to find Elizabeth a husband back in England.
(d) She agrees to stay behind with Elizabeth as Lackersteen returns to the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
2. Who finally runs for help during the riot?
3. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
4. What is Dr. Veraswami's fate?
5. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)