|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mrs. Lackersteen to lecture Elizabeth on being "cheap?"
(a) Verrall has given Elizabeth money on many occasions.
(b) Verrall has mentioned he plans to marry Elizabeth only if her family is wealthy.,
(c) Verrall has refused to give Elizabeth money when she has asked for it.
(d) Verrall has made no motions to marry Elizabeth even though they have had an affair.
2. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
(a) his parents bought him a position at a firm.
(b) his parents believed he could not survive in England.
(c) his parents brought him over on vacation.
(d) his parents demanded he get a job or leave the house.
3. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
(b) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(c) Flory no longer buys her presents.
(d) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
4. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) swift, passionate and enormous.
(b) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(c) sparse, lonely and bland.
(d) short, light and fresh.
5. When Lackersteen returns from camp he _________________________.
(a) attempts to seduce Ma Hla May.
(b) attempts to rape Elizabeth.
(c) refuses to appear at the club.
(d) continues drinking and carousing with local women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
3. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
4. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
5. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)