|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His family has disowned him.
(b) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(c) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(d) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
2. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(b) The Burmese Natives
(d) The English
3. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
(b) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
(c) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
(d) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
4. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(b) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
(c) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(d) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
5. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
(a) To give it to Dr. Veraswami
(b) To give it to Ellis
(c) To ignore it
(d) To bring it to Macgregor's attention
Short Answer Questions
1. Ko S'la is __________________.
2. What does Mrs. Lackersteen plan to do at the end of Chapter 23?
3. What causes Mrs. Lackersteen to lecture Elizabeth on being "cheap?"
4. What is Dr. Veraswami's last act of kindness for Flory?
5. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)