|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
(a) talk intimately
(c) avoid her aunt and uncle
(d) go hunting together
2. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
(a) That she refuses to do laundry.
(b) That she is Burmese.
(c) That she is jealous of Elizabeth.
(d) That she is Flory's mistress.
3. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone to fight Ellis.
(b) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
(c) someone with whom he can share his life.
(d) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
4. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
(a) Gets drunk and confronts Elizabeth
(b) Leaves immediately for England
(c) Gets drunk and engages a Burmese prostitute
(d) Leaves immediately for the camp
5. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
(a) He could not function without his servants.
(b) He will not see his Father again before he dies.
(c) He hates Burma.
(d) He is now more at home in Burma than in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
2. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
3. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
4. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
5. Ba Taik is ___________
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)