|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
(a) She notices Flory's birthmark and is repulsed by it.
(b) She realizes Flory is sympathetic to the natives.
(c) She realizes her uncle does not like Flory.
(d) She and Flory find the servants watching them talk.
2. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) someone wants to touch him.
(b) he feels angry.
(c) he is attracted to a woman.
(d) he feels ashamed of himself.
3. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
(a) Veraswami may be in some kind of trouble.
(b) U Po Kyin is out to get him.
(c) Elizabeth has come to Burma to find a husband.
(d) Elizabeth is not impressed by Burma or the natives.
4. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "choosing peace."
(b) He was refusing to become a man.
(c) He was "fighting his own battles."
(d) He was "sticking by his job."
5. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
(b) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(c) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
(d) Flory no longer buys her presents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth admires Flory when she _____________________.
2. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
3. How do the men respond when Flory proposes Veraswami as a member of the Club?
4. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
5. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)