|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Flory tries to speak honestly with Elizabeth, she responds with __________________.
(a) anger and indignation.
(b) sympathy and kindness.
(c) moderation and reserve.
(d) understanding and compassion.
2. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Taking in a local pregnant girl
(b) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
(c) Honoring his wife.
(d) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
3. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(b) Old Mattu, the beggar
(c) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
4. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
(a) He feels Veraswami should be punished.
(b) He does not want natives admitted to the club.
(c) He does not have the courage to refuse.
(d) He agrees with Ellis after all.
5. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
(a) He is not an experienced hunter.
(b) He is not an experienced horseback rider.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is keeping a Burmese woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
2. Flory reacts to Ma Hla May's appearance by _________________________.
3. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
4. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)