|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(b) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(c) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
(d) He feels he deserves the punishment.
2. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) too submissive to the English.
(b) ungrateful to the English.
(c) planning to overthrow the English.
(d) afraid of offending the English.
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Ellis
(b) Mr. Lackersteen
(c) Mr. Chesterton
(d) Mr. Flory
4. What causes Mrs. Lackersteen to lecture Elizabeth on being "cheap?"
(a) Verrall has mentioned he plans to marry Elizabeth only if her family is wealthy.,
(b) Verrall has made no motions to marry Elizabeth even though they have had an affair.
(c) Verrall has given Elizabeth money on many occasions.
(d) Verrall has refused to give Elizabeth money when she has asked for it.
5. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
(a) Verrall comes to the Club with a native friend.
(b) Verrall declines the invitation.
(c) Verrall comes to the Club at once.
(d) Verrall ignores the invitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth see Flory after the confrontation?
2. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
3. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
4. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
5. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)