|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(b) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(c) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(d) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) like Ellis.
(b) drink before sunset.
(c) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
3. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(b) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(c) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(d) that she does not have enough bribe money.
4. How has Flory's attitude toward nature changed?
(a) He is provoked and emboldened by the beauty of nature.
(b) He is unaware of the beauty of nature because his work has distracted him.
(c) He is more aware of the beauty of nature because he is in love.
(d) He is indifferent to the beauty of nature because he is mourning the loss of Elizabeth.
5. What confrontation does Flory endure?
(a) He stands up to Dr. Veraswami.
(b) He turns Ma Hla May out of his house.
(c) He has a meeting with U Po Kyin.
(d) He asks Elizabeth to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Verrall to speak to Elizabeth and Mrs. Lackersteen?
2. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
4. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
5. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)