|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flory start his day?
(a) He writes letters to his enemies.
(b) He prepares his household for the day.
(c) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(d) He writes a love letter to Elizabeth.
2. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) afraid of offending the English.
(b) too submissive to the English.
(c) ungrateful to the English.
(d) planning to overthrow the English.
3. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she reveals that she is lonely.
(b) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(c) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(d) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
4. How does U Po Kyin stand to profit from the murder?
(a) The murder will be blamed on Dr. Veraswami.
(b) The murder will prove he is to be feared as an adversary.
(c) The murder will continue to incite unrest among the Europeans.
(d) The murder will assure his place in Heaven.
5. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
(a) avoid her aunt and uncle
(c) talk intimately
(d) go hunting together
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
2. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
3. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
4. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
5. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)