|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom to marry a native.
(b) freedom of choice.
(c) freedom of religion.
(d) freedom of speech.
2. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
(a) To give it to Dr. Veraswami
(b) To ignore it
(c) To give it to Ellis
(d) To bring it to Macgregor's attention
3. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(b) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(c) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(d) she is sick from eating table scraps.
4. Who finally runs for help during the riot?
5. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) Flory's health.
(b) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
(c) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(d) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory reacts to Ma Hla May's appearance by _________________________.
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
3. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
4. Before Flory shoots himself, he _________________.
5. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)