|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
(a) exercise until he sweats.
(b) get as drunk as possible.
(c) take a trip home.
(d) hide from others.
2. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) a woman is beyond his status level.
(b) an animal is beyond his status level.
(c) an animal is beneath contempt.
(d) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
3. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
(a) Elizabeth refuses to speak to him.
(b) He is caught up in the noise and the crowd.
(c) He is busy buying his groceries.
(d) He sees her interest in the Burmese people.
4. Before Flory shoots himself, he _________________.
(a) shoots Flo.
(b) shoots Elizabeth.
(c) shoots Ko S'la.
(d) shoots Ma Hla May.
5. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Decide court cases
(b) Acquire merit
(c) Prepare his own food
(d) Rise from a chair
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
2. Elizabeth admires Flory when she _____________________.
3. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
4. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
5. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)