|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) thin and gaunt
(c) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(d) fat and sagging
2. Elizabeth admires Flory when she _____________________.
(a) watches him mix with the Burmese people.
(b) pretends he does not have a birthmark.
(c) sees how he can shoot.
(d) talks to him about art and literature.
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(b) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(c) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(d) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
4. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Rise from a chair
(b) Prepare his own food
(c) Decide court cases
(d) Acquire merit
5. How does Lackersteen justify his drinking and philandering?
(a) He believes he as the right to do as he pleases.
(b) He believes he has been given an unfair burden and needs an outlet.
(c) He believes he is still respectable because he is loyal.
(d) He believes he is still respectable because he is white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
2. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
4. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
5. When Lackersteen returns from camp he _________________________.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)