|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she will make him stop drinking.
(b) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(c) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(d) she will make him leave immediately.
2. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
(a) wear her sandals in the house.
(b) borrow Flory's money without asking.
(c) come in for tea but not for other meals.
(d) join Flory for all his meals.
3. How does Elizabeth feel when she kills a bird?
(a) Dizzy with her own power over the men
(c) Overcome by happiness
(d) Angry at herself
4. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The monsoon season
(b) The wind and cold
(c) The muddy roads
(d) The oppressive heat
5. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's assistant
(b) Flory's cocker spaniel
(c) Flory's maid
(d) Flory's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
2. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
3. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
4. What accounts for the change in Mrs. Lackersteen's behavior?
5. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)