|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she will make him leave immediately.
(b) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(c) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(d) she will make him stop drinking.
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
(b) Burmese culture
3. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
(a) He will not see his Father again before he dies.
(b) He is now more at home in Burma than in England.
(c) He could not function without his servants.
(d) He hates Burma.
4. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) afraid of offending the English.
(b) planning to overthrow the English.
(c) ungrateful to the English.
(d) too submissive to the English.
5. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
(a) Verrall ignores the invitation.
(b) Verrall comes to the Club with a native friend.
(c) Verrall declines the invitation.
(d) Verrall comes to the Club at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
2. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
3. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
4. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
5. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)