|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lackersteen returns from camp he _________________________.
(a) attempts to rape Elizabeth.
(b) attempts to seduce Ma Hla May.
(c) refuses to appear at the club.
(d) continues drinking and carousing with local women.
2. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a pillared building in the center of town.
(b) a four-room wooden building.
(c) a grand estate.
(d) a golf course outside of town.
3. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
(a) he is capable of tenderness and emtional intimacy.
(b) he is ready to change for the right woman.
(c) he is only interested in marriage to a wealthy English woman.
(d) he is not interested in marriage.
4. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(b) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
(c) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
(d) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
5. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
(b) Ba Taik, the servant.
(c) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(d) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
2. Why does Ko S'la tell Flory he should not attempt to play polo?
3. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
4. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
5. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)