|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory no longer buys her presents.
(b) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(c) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
(d) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
2. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was refusing to become a man.
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was "choosing peace."
3. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
(a) Her beauty intimidates him and he cannot speak.
(b) Her beauty finally causes Verrall to socialize with the English.
(c) Her disdain for Burmese culture infuriates him.
(d) Elizabeth's boldness in approaching him offends him.
4. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's cocker spaniel
(b) Flory's maid
(c) Flory's assistant
(d) Flory's wife
5. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) planning to overthrow the English.
(b) ungrateful to the English.
(c) afraid of offending the English.
(d) too submissive to the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
2. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
3. What do the locals carry ashore at the end of Chapter twenty-one?
4. How has Flory's attitude toward nature changed?
5. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)