|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Rise from a chair
(b) Prepare his own food
(c) Acquire merit
(d) Decide court cases
2. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
(a) To give it to Dr. Veraswami
(b) To bring it to Macgregor's attention
(c) To ignore it
(d) To give it to Ellis
3. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(b) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(c) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(d) she is sick from eating table scraps.
4. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a social club.
(b) It is hotter than other towns.
(c) It is bigger than other towns.
(d) It has a railway terminus.
5. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
(b) Courage and exhilaration
(c) Fear and resentment
(d) Guilt and self-loathing
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
2. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
3. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
4. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
5. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)