|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) Ma Kin
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Ko Ba Sein
(d) Ba Taik
2. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
(b) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
(c) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
(d) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
3. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
(a) He hates Burma.
(b) He is now more at home in Burma than in England.
(c) He will not see his Father again before he dies.
(d) He could not function without his servants.
4. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
(b) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
(c) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
(d) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
5. How does Flory start his day?
(a) He writes a love letter to Elizabeth.
(b) He writes letters to his enemies.
(c) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(d) He prepares his household for the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
2. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
3. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
4. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
5. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)