|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
2. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
(b) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
(c) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
(d) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
3. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
(a) Misunderstood genius
(b) Spineless cur
(c) Local pariah
(d) Lord of all he surveys
4. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
(a) hide from others.
(b) take a trip home.
(c) exercise until he sweats.
(d) get as drunk as possible.
5. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
(a) Wets himself on the floor
(b) Cries upon seeing her
(c) Climbs up on to her lap
(d) Wants her to hold him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
2. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
3. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
4. Where and when does the story take place?
5. Verrall's face is described as _____________________.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)