|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
(a) Gets drunk and engages a Burmese prostitute
(b) Gets drunk and confronts Elizabeth
(c) Leaves immediately for the camp
(d) Leaves immediately for England
2. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
(c) middle class.
3. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
(a) Ellis feels protective of the butler.
(b) Ellis believes Verrall has no right to abuse the Club's butler as he is not a member.
(c) Ellis wants Verrall to approve of everyone in the Club.
(d) Ellis believes Verrall is part Burman, and therefore should not be admitted to the Club.
4. How does Flory feel next to Verrall?
(a) Wise and experienced
(b) Young and vibrant
(c) Poor and ignorant
(d) Old and shabby
5. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(b) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
(c) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(d) she reveals that she is lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
2. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
3. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
4. Ko S'la is __________________.
5. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)