|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth admires Flory when she _____________________.
(a) pretends he does not have a birthmark.
(b) talks to him about art and literature.
(c) sees how he can shoot.
(d) watches him mix with the Burmese people.
2. Veraswami's letter informs Flory that __________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin has apologized to him.
(b) U Po Kyin continues in his exploits.
(c) U Po Kyin has denounced Flory openly.
(d) U Po Kyin has given up his exploits.
3. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
(a) Lord of all he surveys
(b) Misunderstood genius
(c) Local pariah
(d) Spineless cur
4. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) Flory's health.
(b) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
(c) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(d) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
5. At the end of the chapter, Flory begins to believe ______________________________.
(a) Elizabeth will marry Ellis or Westfield.
(b) Ma Hla May's behavior is influenced by someone else.
(c) Elizabeth may forgive him shortly.
(d) Ma Hla May has begun to lose her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
2. What is Elizabeth's first thought when she thinks of Flory?
3. How does Lackersteen justify his drinking and philandering?
4. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
5. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)