|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Ba Taik, the servant.
(b) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
(c) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(d) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
2. What does Elizabeth do when Flory calls out to her?
(a) She tells Ko S'la to tell Flory not to speak to her.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She looks at him but does not speak.
(d) She runs to him.
3. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
(a) her family's immense fortunes.
(b) her time as an artist in Paris.
(c) two terms she spent at an expensive boarding school.
(d) her father's time in the military.
4. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(d) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
5. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
(a) They feel a European woman would be cheap and controlling.
(b) They feel Flory would be unhappy.
(c) They feel Flory would be disrespecting Ma Hla May.
(d) They feel a European woman would replace them with European servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
3. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
4. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
5. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)