|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) That Indian
(b) The savage doctor
(c) Very savvy
(d) Very slimy
2. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(b) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(c) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(d) she is sick from eating table scraps.
3. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) an animal is beneath contempt.
(b) a woman is beyond his status level.
(c) an animal is beyond his status level.
(d) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
4. How does Flory start his day?
(a) He writes a love letter to Elizabeth.
(b) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(c) He writes letters to his enemies.
(d) He prepares his household for the day.
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The wind and cold
(b) The monsoon season
(c) The oppressive heat
(d) The muddy roads
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
2. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
3. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
4. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
5. What is the description of the mood of Chapter 17?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)