|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
(d) middle class.
2. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) an unwelcome presence.
(b) a civilizing presence.
(c) a pox.
(d) an unfortunate necessity.
3. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
(a) To give it to Ellis
(b) To ignore it
(c) To bring it to Macgregor's attention
(d) To give it to Dr. Veraswami
4. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
5. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
(a) Elizabeth has come to Burma to find a husband.
(b) U Po Kyin is out to get him.
(c) Elizabeth is not impressed by Burma or the natives.
(d) Veraswami may be in some kind of trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
2. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
3. What causes Verrall to speak to Elizabeth and Mrs. Lackersteen?
4. Killing the leopard has created what feeling between Flory and Elizabeth?
5. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)