|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confrontation does Flory endure?
(a) He stands up to Dr. Veraswami.
(b) He has a meeting with U Po Kyin.
(c) He asks Elizabeth to marry him.
(d) He turns Ma Hla May out of his house.
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(b) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(c) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(d) drive him away from the Club.
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Flory
(b) Mr. Chesterton
(c) Mr. Lackersteen
(d) Mr. Ellis
4. Why does Elizabeth seem more approachable to Flory that evening?
(a) She is less inhibited when she is drunk.
(b) She starts to embrace Burmese culture.
(c) She is not wearing spectacles.
(d) She wears her hair down.
5. How does Flory feel next to Verrall?
(a) Poor and ignorant
(b) Young and vibrant
(c) Wise and experienced
(d) Old and shabby
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
2. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
3. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
4. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
5. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)