|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was refusing to become a man.
(b) He was "choosing peace."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was "fighting his own battles."
2. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
(a) He is unattractive.
(b) He is not an experienced horseback rider.
(c) He is keeping a Burmese woman.
(d) He is not an experienced hunter.
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Lackersteen
(b) Mr. Flory
(c) Mr. Chesterton
(d) Mr. Ellis
4. How does Flory start his day?
(a) He writes a love letter to Elizabeth.
(b) He prepares his household for the day.
(c) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(d) He writes letters to his enemies.
5. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
(a) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor but feels contempt for him.
(b) He acts as though Macgregor does not exist.
(c) He acts contemptuously toward Macgregor.
(d) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor because he looks up to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
2. Veraswami's letter informs Flory that __________________________.
3. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
4. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
5. What causes Verrall to speak to Elizabeth and Mrs. Lackersteen?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)