|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
(a) He is not an experienced horseback rider.
(b) He is unattractive.
(c) He is keeping a Burmese woman.
(d) He is not an experienced hunter.
2. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(b) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(c) a mixture of love and respect.
(d) a mixture of fear and excitement.
3. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(b) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(c) Flory's health.
(d) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
4. How does MacGregor start his day?
(a) He investigates any leftover business from the day before.
(b) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(c) He forces the other men to do calisthenics.
(d) He does exercises at home then takes a brisk walk.
5. Why does Elizabeth seem more approachable to Flory that evening?
(a) She starts to embrace Burmese culture.
(b) She is not wearing spectacles.
(c) She wears her hair down.
(d) She is less inhibited when she is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
2. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
3. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
4. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
5. What causes Verrall to speak to Elizabeth and Mrs. Lackersteen?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)