|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In Burma, April of 1925
(b) In Burma, April of 1825
(c) In England, April of 1825
(d) In England, April of 1925
2. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
(a) That Elizabeth is afraid of the Burmese.
(b) That he should bring Elizabeth back to England.
(c) That Elizabeth will enjoy the bazaar.
(d) That Elizabeth prefers the Club to the bazaar.
3. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
(a) Flory will enjoy one last night out with the boys that evening.
(b) Flory will propose to Elizabeth that evening.
(c) Elizabeth will pay Flory more respect in the future.
(d) Elizabeth will claim to have killed the tiger on her own.
4. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(b) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(c) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(d) Ellis' drunkenness.
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The oppressive heat
(b) The muddy roads
(c) The monsoon season
(d) The wind and cold
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
2. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
3. Veraswami's letter informs Flory that __________________________.
4. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
5. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)