|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
(a) He is keeping a Burmese woman.
(b) He is not an experienced hunter.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is not an experienced horseback rider.
2. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(b) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
(c) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(d) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(b) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(c) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(d) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
4. How does Lackersteen justify his drinking and philandering?
(a) He believes he is still respectable because he is white.
(b) He believes he as the right to do as he pleases.
(c) He believes he is still respectable because he is loyal.
(d) He believes he has been given an unfair burden and needs an outlet.
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) be a parasite upon them
(b) defend the queen.
(c) defeat the weak among his own people.
(d) prove his worth to the white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
2. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
3. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
4. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
5. How do the men respond when Flory proposes Veraswami as a member of the Club?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)