|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
(a) a liar and a boxer.
(b) a liar and a footballer.
(c) a friend to the unfortunate.
(d) a traveller and a salesman.
2. Who are Francis and Samuel?
(a) Two English men from the Club.
(b) Elizabeth's uncles.
(c) Two Eurasian men Flory has befriended.
(d) Flory's servants.
3. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
(a) He suddenly becomes aware of his birthmark.
(b) He fears the Burmese men will catch them.
(c) He suddenly realizes she is indifferent toward him.
(d) He does not want her to see him as a lover.
4. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) The savage doctor
(b) That Indian
(c) Very savvy
(d) Very slimy
5. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
(a) Ellis believes Verrall has no right to abuse the Club's butler as he is not a member.
(b) Ellis feels protective of the butler.
(c) Ellis believes Verrall is part Burman, and therefore should not be admitted to the Club.
(d) Ellis wants Verrall to approve of everyone in the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
2. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
3. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
4. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
5. Veraswami's letter informs Flory that __________________________.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)