|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
(a) get as drunk as possible.
(b) take a trip home.
(c) hide from others.
(d) exercise until he sweats.
2. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
(a) wants her to return with him to England.
(b) has a Burmese wife.
(c) does not find her attractive.
(d) wants her to admire the Burmese.
3. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Formative periods
(b) Unfortunate episodes
(c) Dark spells
(d) Moral failings
4. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(b) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(c) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(d) she is sick from eating table scraps.
5. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) he feels ashamed of himself.
(b) he feels angry.
(c) someone wants to touch him.
(d) he is attracted to a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
2. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
3. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
4. The Club is ______________________.
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)