|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
(a) The London Times.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Burmese Patriot.
(d) The Rangoon Gazette.
2. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
(a) a liar and a boxer.
(b) a liar and a footballer.
(c) a traveller and a salesman.
(d) a friend to the unfortunate.
3. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
(a) Carrying on a conversation with the Burman canoe-man
(b) Carrying the gun in her lap
(c) Watching the scenery go by
(d) Shooting at birds
4. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
(a) A letter from England
(b) An anonymous letter telling him to avoid Ma Hla May
(c) A letter from Macgregor
(d) An anonymous letter warning him about Veraswami
5. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of choice.
(b) freedom of speech.
(c) freedom of religion.
(d) freedom to marry a native.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
2. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
3. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
4. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
5. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)