|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
(a) He fears the Burmese men will catch them.
(b) He does not want her to see him as a lover.
(c) He suddenly realizes she is indifferent toward him.
(d) He suddenly becomes aware of his birthmark.
2. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The wind and cold
(b) The muddy roads
(c) The oppressive heat
(d) The monsoon season
3. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(a) Mrs. Lackersteen
(c) U Po Kyin
4. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
(a) saving money to send home to his parents.
(b) drinking and fighting with natives.
(c) drinking and visiting whores.
(d) working around the clock.
5. What is the description of the mood of Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
2. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
3. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
4. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
5. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)