|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) a pox.
(b) an unwelcome presence.
(c) a civilizing presence.
(d) an unfortunate necessity.
2. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
(a) Elizabeth refuses to speak to him.
(b) He sees her interest in the Burmese people.
(c) He is busy buying his groceries.
(d) He is caught up in the noise and the crowd.
3. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
(a) a liar and a boxer.
(b) a friend to the unfortunate.
(c) a traveller and a salesman.
(d) a liar and a footballer.
4. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
(a) wear her sandals in the house.
(b) join Flory for all his meals.
(c) borrow Flory's money without asking.
(d) come in for tea but not for other meals.
5. Elizabeth is most excited when she learns ____________________________.
(a) Flory wants her to return to the headman's house.
(b) she may be able to hunt a leopard.
(c) she may be able to hunt a dog.
(d) Flory plans to propose to her at the Club later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
2. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
3. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
4. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
5. Why does Ko S'la tell Flory he should not attempt to play polo?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)