|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
(a) Courage and exhilaration
(b) Guilt and self-loathing
(d) Fear and resentment
2. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
(a) Flory himself
(b) Flory's servant, Ko S'la
(c) Flory's mistress, Ma Hla May
(d) Dr. Veraswami
3. What accounts for the change in Mrs. Lackersteen's behavior?
(a) Her drinking problem
(b) Her fear of Lackersteen's infidelity
(c) Her social aspirations
(d) Her distaste for Burmese culture
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(b) like Ellis.
(c) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(d) drink before sunset.
5. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
(a) He feels Veraswami should be punished.
(b) He does not have the courage to refuse.
(c) He agrees with Ellis after all.
(d) He does not want natives admitted to the club.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, Flory begins to believe ______________________________.
2. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
4. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
5. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)