|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) be a parasite upon them
(b) defeat the weak among his own people.
(c) defend the queen.
(d) prove his worth to the white men.
2. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(b) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(c) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(d) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(b) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(c) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(d) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
4. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
(a) He suddenly realizes she is indifferent toward him.
(b) He fears the Burmese men will catch them.
(c) He suddenly becomes aware of his birthmark.
(d) He does not want her to see him as a lover.
5. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
(a) wants her to return with him to England.
(b) does not find her attractive.
(c) has a Burmese wife.
(d) wants her to admire the Burmese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
2. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
4. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
5. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)