|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone to fight Ellis.
(b) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
(c) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
(d) someone with whom he can share his life.
2. Elizabeth admires Flory when she _____________________.
(a) watches him mix with the Burmese people.
(b) talks to him about art and literature.
(c) pretends he does not have a birthmark.
(d) sees how he can shoot.
3. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
(a) for who you know.
(b) for your past.
(c) for what you own.
(d) for what you are.
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(b) thin and gaunt
(c) rotting from within, like old fruit
(d) fat and sagging
5. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) afraid of offending the English.
(b) ungrateful to the English.
(c) too submissive to the English.
(d) planning to overthrow the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
2. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
3. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
4. What accounts for the change in Mrs. Lackersteen's behavior?
5. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)