|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
(a) To give it to Dr. Veraswami
(b) To bring it to Macgregor's attention
(c) To ignore it
(d) To give it to Ellis
2. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
(a) That Elizabeth is afraid of the Burmese.
(b) That he should bring Elizabeth back to England.
(c) That Elizabeth prefers the Club to the bazaar.
(d) That Elizabeth will enjoy the bazaar.
3. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
4. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
(a) a relief from the heat of the day.
(b) a wonderland of beauty.
(c) a journey into their hearts.
(d) an oppressive struggle.
5. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
(b) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
(c) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
(d) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
2. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
3. How does Flory feel next to Verrall?
4. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
5. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)