|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(a) The English
(c) The Burmese Natives
2. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
(b) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(c) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
(d) Flory no longer buys her presents.
3. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
(b) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
(c) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
(d) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(b) thin and gaunt
(c) rotting from within, like old fruit
(d) fat and sagging
5. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's assistant
(b) Flory's maid
(c) Flory's cocker spaniel
(d) Flory's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
2. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
3. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
4. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
5. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)