|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
2. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
(a) a journey into their hearts.
(b) a wonderland of beauty.
(c) a relief from the heat of the day.
(d) an oppressive struggle.
3. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) thin and gaunt
(c) fat and sagging
(d) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
4. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
(a) Courage and exhilaration
(b) Fear and resentment
(d) Guilt and self-loathing
5. What confrontation does Flory endure?
(a) He turns Ma Hla May out of his house.
(b) He stands up to Dr. Veraswami.
(c) He has a meeting with U Po Kyin.
(d) He asks Elizabeth to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
2. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
3. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
4. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
5. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)