|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
2. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(b) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) his dog needs to go out.
3. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
(a) He is not an experienced hunter.
(b) He is keeping a Burmese woman.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is not an experienced horseback rider.
4. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
(a) He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
(b) He has not broken any laws at all.
(c) He has too many powerful friends from the Club.
(d) He has not broken any laws that the English care about.
5. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
(b) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
(c) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(d) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
2. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
3. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
4. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
5. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)