|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
(a) Veraswami may be in some kind of trouble.
(b) Elizabeth has come to Burma to find a husband.
(c) U Po Kyin is out to get him.
(d) Elizabeth is not impressed by Burma or the natives.
2. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
3. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
(a) a relief from the heat of the day.
(b) a wonderland of beauty.
(c) a journey into their hearts.
(d) an oppressive struggle.
4. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(b) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(c) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
(d) she reveals that she is lonely.
5. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his face
(b) A mole on his face
(c) A birthmark on his hand
(d) A scar on his face
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
2. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
3. How does Flory start his day?
4. Why do the members of the Club suddenly allow the butler into their conversation?
5. Where and when does the story take place?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)