|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) reading up on world events
(b) trading jokes
(c) arguing about sports
(d) discussing the European women in town
2. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
(b) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(c) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(d) He feels he deserves the punishment.
3. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
(a) She mourns extensively.
(b) She decides that she wants to live the life of an artist.
(c) She immediately takes a cruise looking for a husband.
(d) She immediately sets sail for Burma at her uncle's invitation.
4. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was refusing to become a man.
(b) He was "sticking by his job."
(c) He was "choosing peace."
(d) He was "fighting his own battles."
5. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
(a) for what you own.
(b) for your past.
(c) for what you are.
(d) for who you know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description of the mood of Chapter 17?
2. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
3. Who are Francis and Samuel?
4. Ba Taik is ___________
5. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)