|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
2. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat and sagging
(b) rotting from within, like old fruit
(c) thin and gaunt
(d) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
3. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
(a) Watching the scenery go by
(b) Carrying the gun in her lap
(c) Carrying on a conversation with the Burman canoe-man
(d) Shooting at birds
4. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) The savage doctor
(b) Very slimy
(c) That Indian
(d) Very savvy
5. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
2. What is the description of the mood of Chapter 17?
3. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
4. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
5. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)