|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(b) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(c) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(d) a mixture of love and respect.
2. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Taking in a local pregnant girl
(b) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
(c) Honoring his wife.
(d) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
3. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very slimy
(b) The savage doctor
(c) That Indian
(d) Very savvy
4. Who are Francis and Samuel?
(a) Flory's servants.
(b) Two English men from the Club.
(c) Elizabeth's uncles.
(d) Two Eurasian men Flory has befriended.
5. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
(a) She immediately sets sail for Burma at her uncle's invitation.
(b) She decides that she wants to live the life of an artist.
(c) She mourns extensively.
(d) She immediately takes a cruise looking for a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
2. How does Flory feel next to Verrall?
3. Elizabeth is most excited when she learns ____________________________.
4. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
5. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)