|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
(a) believe U Po Kyin is lying.
(b) are behind U Po Kyin.
(c) trust Veraswami completely.
(d) try to give each a fair chance to speak his mind.
2. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
(a) in love with Elizabeth.
(b) in love with Mrs. Lackersteen.
(c) in love with Ma Hla May.
(d) destined to remain a bachelor.
3. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
(a) right after she misses her first shot.
(b) right after they leave the headman's house.
(c) right after she kills a jungle cock.
(d) right before Flory kills the tiger.
4. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
(a) apologize for signing the notice against him.
(b) accuse him of the crimes mentioned in U Po Kyin's letters.
(c) inform him they are no longer friends.
(d) apologize for neglecting to introduce him to Elizabeth.
5. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
(a) for who you know.
(b) for what you own.
(c) for your past.
(d) for what you are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
2. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
4. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)