|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(b) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(c) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(d) Ellis' drunkenness.
2. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) someone wants to touch him.
(b) he feels angry.
(c) he feels ashamed of himself.
(d) he is attracted to a woman.
3. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth should get an education.
(b) That Elizabeth should quickly find a husband in Burma.
(c) That Elizabeth should not marry until she falls in love.
(d) That Elizabeth should return to England and find work.
4. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(b) The Burmese Natives
(d) The English
5. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
(a) talk intimately
(c) go hunting together
(d) avoid her aunt and uncle
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
2. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
3. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
4. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
5. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)