|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat and sagging
(b) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(c) thin and gaunt
(d) rotting from within, like old fruit
2. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her drink
(b) her wardrobe
(c) her husband's job
(d) her servants
3. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
(a) Elizabeth refuses to speak to him.
(b) He is busy buying his groceries.
(c) He sees her interest in the Burmese people.
(d) He is caught up in the noise and the crowd.
4. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
5. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "sticking by his job."
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was "choosing peace."
(d) He was refusing to become a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
2. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
3. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
4. What does Elizabeth do when Flory calls out to her?
5. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)