|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do when Flory calls out to her?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She looks at him but does not speak.
(c) She tells Ko S'la to tell Flory not to speak to her.
(d) She runs to him.
2. Verrall's face is described as _____________________.
(a) hard, fearless, and brutal.
(b) soft, feminine, and curious.
(c) bored and unintelligent.
(d) intelligent and amused.
3. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
(a) They feel a European woman would replace them with European servants.
(b) They feel Flory would be unhappy.
(c) They feel Flory would be disrespecting Ma Hla May.
(d) They feel a European woman would be cheap and controlling.
4. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
(a) A letter from England
(b) A letter from Macgregor
(c) An anonymous letter warning him about Veraswami
(d) An anonymous letter telling him to avoid Ma Hla May
5. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
(b) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(c) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(d) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
2. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
4. Who are Francis and Samuel?
5. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)