|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
(a) A letter from Macgregor
(b) An anonymous letter telling him to avoid Ma Hla May
(c) An anonymous letter warning him about Veraswami
(d) A letter from England
2. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Dark spells
(b) Unfortunate episodes
(c) Moral failings
(d) Formative periods
3. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
(a) She is fearful of the attention of so many single men.
(b) She is reassured by the white faces and European habits.
(c) She is bored by the familiar customs.
(d) She is reassured by the local customs.
4. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
(a) does not find her attractive.
(b) wants her to admire the Burmese.
(c) has a Burmese wife.
(d) wants her to return with him to England.
5. What does Elizabeth do when Flory calls out to her?
(a) She runs to him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She tells Ko S'la to tell Flory not to speak to her.
(d) She looks at him but does not speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, Flory begins to believe ______________________________.
2. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
3. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
4. How does Elizabeth feel when she kills a bird?
5. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)