|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth should get an education.
(b) That Elizabeth should return to England and find work.
(c) That Elizabeth should quickly find a husband in Burma.
(d) That Elizabeth should not marry until she falls in love.
2. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(b) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(c) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(d) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
3. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
(a) Flory's mistress, Ma Hla May
(b) Flory's servant, Ko S'la
(c) Flory himself
(d) Dr. Veraswami
4. Why do the members of the Club suddenly allow the butler into their conversation?
(a) He has had many experiences with earthquakes, and they are interested in his stories.
(b) He insists on being the center of attention.
(c) They are afraid of his size and demeanor.
(d) He is a respectable member of Burmese society.
5. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of speech.
(b) freedom of choice.
(c) freedom of religion.
(d) freedom to marry a native.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
2. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
3. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
4. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
5. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)