|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confrontation does Flory endure?
(a) He turns Ma Hla May out of his house.
(b) He stands up to Dr. Veraswami.
(c) He asks Elizabeth to marry him.
(d) He has a meeting with U Po Kyin.
2. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) reading up on world events
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) trading jokes
(d) arguing about sports
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(b) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(c) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(d) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
4. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
(a) An anonymous letter telling him to avoid Ma Hla May
(b) An anonymous letter warning him about Veraswami
(c) A letter from Macgregor
(d) A letter from England
5. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1825
(b) In England, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1925
(d) In Burma, April of 1825
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
2. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
3. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
5. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)