|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) reading up on world events
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) trading jokes
(d) arguing about sports
2. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(b) Flory's health.
(c) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(d) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
3. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom to marry a native.
(b) freedom of religion.
(c) freedom of choice.
(d) freedom of speech.
4. How does Flory start his day?
(a) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(b) He writes letters to his enemies.
(c) He prepares his household for the day.
(d) He writes a love letter to Elizabeth.
5. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Prepare his own food
(b) Rise from a chair
(c) Acquire merit
(d) Decide court cases
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Flo?
2. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
3. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
4. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
5. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)