|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
(a) a liar and a footballer.
(b) a liar and a boxer.
(c) a traveller and a salesman.
(d) a friend to the unfortunate.
2. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
(a) A pox on humanity
(b) A pack of dogs
(c) A sick patient
(d) A patient who will not pay his bill
3. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone to fight Ellis.
(b) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
(c) someone with whom he can share his life.
(d) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
4. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(a) The English
(c) The Burmese Natives
5. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) an unwelcome presence.
(b) a pox.
(c) an unfortunate necessity.
(d) a civilizing presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flory start his day?
2. What confrontation does Flory endure?
3. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
4. Ko S'la is __________________.
5. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)