|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is bigger than other towns.
(b) It has a social club.
(c) It has a railway terminus.
(d) It is hotter than other towns.
3. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In Burma, April of 1825
(b) In England, April of 1825
(c) In England, April of 1925
(d) In Burma, April of 1925
4. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(b) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(c) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
(d) he is too hot to do anything physical.
5. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(b) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(c) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(d) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
2. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
3. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
4. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
5. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)