|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
(a) That she is Burmese.
(b) That she is jealous of Elizabeth.
(c) That she refuses to do laundry.
(d) That she is Flory's mistress.
2. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(b) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(c) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(d) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(b) like Ellis.
(c) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(d) drink before sunset.
5. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1825
(b) In England, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In Burma, April of 1925
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
2. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
3. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
4. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
5. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)