|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
(b) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
(c) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
(d) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
2. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Cowardly and dishonorable
(b) Awkward and timid
(c) Ungrateful and confrontational
(d) Cruel and aggressive
3. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
(a) He detests it but his racism causes him to feel they are all guilty.
(b) He refuses to pursue anyone who is not a serious criminal.
(c) He loathes it but does not resist the duty.
(d) He feels superior to the criminals and revels in his duty.
4. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(b) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(c) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(d) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
5. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
(a) To give it to Dr. Veraswami
(b) To bring it to Macgregor's attention
(c) To give it to Ellis
(d) To ignore it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
2. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
4. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
5. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)