|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Awkward and timid
(b) Cowardly and dishonorable
(c) Ungrateful and confrontational
(d) Cruel and aggressive
2. What confrontation does Flory endure?
(a) He asks Elizabeth to marry him.
(b) He turns Ma Hla May out of his house.
(c) He has a meeting with U Po Kyin.
(d) He stands up to Dr. Veraswami.
3. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
(b) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
(c) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
(d) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
4. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
(b) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
(c) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
(d) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
5. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(b) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(c) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(d) drive him away from the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
2. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
4. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)