|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she will make him leave immediately.
(b) she will make him stop drinking.
(c) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(d) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
2. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
(a) a solution to his problems.
(b) a wasted effort, ultimately ineffective.
(c) his ability to see events more clearly.
(d) his resolve to stand up for Veraswami.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(b) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(c) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(d) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
4. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
(a) She realizes her uncle does not like Flory.
(b) She and Flory find the servants watching them talk.
(c) She realizes Flory is sympathetic to the natives.
(d) She notices Flory's birthmark and is repulsed by it.
5. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
(b) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
(c) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
(d) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
2. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
3. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
4. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
5. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)