|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
(b) she reveals that she is lonely.
(c) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(d) she claims to love reading, as he does.
2. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's son.
(b) U Po Kyin's wife.
(c) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(d) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
3. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is bigger than other towns.
(b) It is hotter than other towns.
(c) It has a railway terminus.
(d) It has a social club.
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
5. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
(b) Honoring his wife.
(c) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
(d) Taking in a local pregnant girl
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
2. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
3. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
4. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
5. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)