|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of religion.
(b) freedom of choice.
(c) freedom of speech.
(d) freedom to marry a native.
2. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(b) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(c) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(d) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
3. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) a pox.
(b) a civilizing presence.
(c) an unwelcome presence.
(d) an unfortunate necessity.
4. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(b) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(c) Ellis' drunkenness.
(d) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
5. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very savvy
(b) The savage doctor
(c) That Indian
(d) Very slimy
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
2. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
3. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
5. Ko S'la is __________________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)