|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
2. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(a) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
(d) Old Mattu, the beggar
3. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
(a) his parents brought him over on vacation.
(b) his parents bought him a position at a firm.
(c) his parents demanded he get a job or leave the house.
(d) his parents believed he could not survive in England.
4. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a grand estate.
(b) a golf course outside of town.
(c) a pillared building in the center of town.
(d) a four-room wooden building.
5. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of choice.
(b) freedom of speech.
(c) freedom of religion.
(d) freedom to marry a native.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
2. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
3. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
5. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)