|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(b) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
(c) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
(d) Flory no longer buys her presents.
2. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
(b) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
(c) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
(d) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
3. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
(a) They feel a European woman would replace them with European servants.
(b) They feel a European woman would be cheap and controlling.
(c) They feel Flory would be disrespecting Ma Hla May.
(d) They feel Flory would be unhappy.
4. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(b) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(c) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(d) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
5. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(b) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(c) his dog needs to go out.
(d) he is late for a date with his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
2. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
3. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
4. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)