|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) he is late for a date with his mistress.
2. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(b) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(c) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(d) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "fighting his own battles."
(b) He was "choosing peace."
(c) He was refusing to become a man.
(d) He was "sticking by his job."
4. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
(b) His family has disowned him.
(c) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(d) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
5. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
(a) He does not have the courage to refuse.
(b) He does not want natives admitted to the club.
(c) He agrees with Ellis after all.
(d) He feels Veraswami should be punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
2. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
3. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
4. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
5. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)