|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
(b) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(c) Ba Taik, the servant.
(d) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(b) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(c) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(d) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
3. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
(a) A cool breeze
(b) A walk in the woods
(c) A dip in the pond
(d) A burst of sunshine
4. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) an animal is beneath contempt.
(b) a woman is beyond his status level.
(c) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(d) an animal is beyond his status level.
5. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Dark spells
(b) Unfortunate episodes
(c) Formative periods
(d) Moral failings
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
2. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
3. The Club is ______________________.
4. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
5. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)