|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
(a) borrow Flory's money without asking.
(b) wear her sandals in the house.
(c) join Flory for all his meals.
(d) come in for tea but not for other meals.
2. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
(b) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(c) U Po Kyin's son.
(d) U Po Kyin's wife.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "fighting his own battles."
(b) He was refusing to become a man.
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was "choosing peace."
4. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(b) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(c) His family has disowned him.
(d) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Destroy his enemies
(b) Make more money
(c) Acquire more merit
(d) Buy more merit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
3. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
4. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
5. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)