|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
(a) saving money to send home to his parents.
(b) drinking and visiting whores.
(c) drinking and fighting with natives.
(d) working around the clock.
2. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
(a) get as drunk as possible.
(b) exercise until he sweats.
(c) hide from others.
(d) take a trip home.
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(b) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(c) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(d) a mixture of love and respect.
4. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of choice.
(b) freedom of speech.
(c) freedom to marry a native.
(d) freedom of religion.
5. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
(b) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
(c) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
(d) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
2. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
3. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
4. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)