|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
(b) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
(c) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
(d) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
2. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
3. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(c) The English
(d) The Burmese Natives
4. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) too submissive to the English.
(b) planning to overthrow the English.
(c) ungrateful to the English.
(d) afraid of offending the English.
5. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she will make him leave immediately.
(b) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(c) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(d) she will make him stop drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
2. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
4. How does Flory start his day?
5. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)