|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
(a) He refuses to pursue anyone who is not a serious criminal.
(b) He loathes it but does not resist the duty.
(c) He feels superior to the criminals and revels in his duty.
(d) He detests it but his racism causes him to feel they are all guilty.
2. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
(a) They feel a European woman would replace them with European servants.
(b) They feel Flory would be unhappy.
(c) They feel a European woman would be cheap and controlling.
(d) They feel Flory would be disrespecting Ma Hla May.
3. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
(a) He stays home instead of joining the others at the club.
(b) He shoots the dog in cold blood.
(c) He signs a slanderous notice against Veraswami.
(d) He throws Ma Hla May out of the house.
4. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) swift, passionate and enormous.
(b) short, light and fresh.
(c) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(d) sparse, lonely and bland.
5. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
(a) She decides that she wants to live the life of an artist.
(b) She immediately takes a cruise looking for a husband.
(c) She mourns extensively.
(d) She immediately sets sail for Burma at her uncle's invitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
4. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)