|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(b) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(c) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(d) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
2. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
(b) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
(c) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
(d) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "sticking by his job."
(b) He was "choosing peace."
(c) He was refusing to become a man.
(d) He was "fighting his own battles."
4. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(b) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(c) a mixture of love and respect.
(d) a mixture of fear and excitement.
5. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat and sagging
(b) thin and gaunt
(c) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(d) rotting from within, like old fruit
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
2. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
3. How does MacGregor start his day?
4. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)