|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
(a) They feel a European woman would be cheap and controlling.
(b) They feel a European woman would replace them with European servants.
(c) They feel Flory would be disrespecting Ma Hla May.
(d) They feel Flory would be unhappy.
2. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
(a) He has too many powerful friends from the Club.
(b) He has not broken any laws that the English care about.
(c) He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
(d) He has not broken any laws at all.
3. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her husband's job
(b) her servants
(c) her wardrobe
(d) her drink
4. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
(a) A letter from England
(b) A letter from Macgregor
(c) An anonymous letter warning him about Veraswami
(d) An anonymous letter telling him to avoid Ma Hla May
5. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
(a) She realizes Flory is sympathetic to the natives.
(b) She and Flory find the servants watching them talk.
(c) She notices Flory's birthmark and is repulsed by it.
(d) She realizes her uncle does not like Flory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
2. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
3. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
4. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
5. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)