|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
(a) never experiencing beauty.
(b) feeling racist.
(c) being European among Burmese.
(d) being alone.
2. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The monsoon season
(b) The muddy roads
(c) The wind and cold
(d) The oppressive heat
3. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
4. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(b) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(c) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(d) Ellis' drunkenness.
5. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
(a) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor but feels contempt for him.
(b) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor because he looks up to him.
(c) He acts as though Macgregor does not exist.
(d) He acts contemptuously toward Macgregor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
2. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
3. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
4. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
5. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)