|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
(a) He throws Ma Hla May out of the house.
(b) He stays home instead of joining the others at the club.
(c) He signs a slanderous notice against Veraswami.
(d) He shoots the dog in cold blood.
2. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a golf course outside of town.
(b) a four-room wooden building.
(c) a pillared building in the center of town.
(d) a grand estate.
3. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(b) Ba Taik, the servant.
(c) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
(d) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
4. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
(a) He feels Veraswami should be punished.
(b) He agrees with Ellis after all.
(c) He does not have the courage to refuse.
(d) He does not want natives admitted to the club.
5. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
(b) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
(c) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
(d) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
2. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
3. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
4. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)