|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
(a) He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
(b) He has too many powerful friends from the Club.
(c) He has not broken any laws that the English care about.
(d) He has not broken any laws at all.
2. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
(a) A dip in the pond
(b) A burst of sunshine
(c) A cool breeze
(d) A walk in the woods
3. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
(b) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
(c) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
(d) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
4. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The wind and cold
(b) The oppressive heat
(c) The muddy roads
(d) The monsoon season
5. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
(a) That Elizabeth should not marry until she falls in love.
(b) That Elizabeth should get an education.
(c) That Elizabeth should quickly find a husband in Burma.
(d) That Elizabeth should return to England and find work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
2. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
5. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)